The thread of all Olympic Threads

SO1

Visit site
On my way back on Eurostar had a fantastic break and worth every penny even if we didn't get equestrian tickets due to the costs. Quite glad we didn't due to the heat.

Day one hockey GBR v South Africa. We swapped tickets with some Germans as Germany were playing on out pitch so they got to see Germany and we got to see UK win. It was so hot my dress was soaked with sweat. We left during second match as Australia v USA as it had become so hot it was no fun to watch.

We then went to see the park of champions to watch some actives there for free and then diner in Effiel tower - delicious.

Day two. Volleyball indoors what a relief as again really hot. Fantastic atmosphere with music and lots of spectator participation Brazil v Japan. Brazil the best team in the world. Loads of Brazilian in the audience with flags and supportive t shirts. Lots of fun. Then we went to the parc of champions again to watch activities and also parade of some medal winners. Then dinner and back to bnb. There was a massive storm that night and our abnb turned out to have a leaking roof but thankfully storm didn't last long.

Day three athletics. Stade du France holds 80,000 people so very busy. Our seats were thankfully under cover in a shady side so we really enjoyed that as cool. Saw 100m female qualifiers nearly 100 athletes trying to qualify. Also saw 1500 and 800 qualifiers, hammer throw, high jump decathlon 100m, long jump and shot. Then went see the Olympic flame but it is not a flame it is LED lights and look round the outside Louvre. Had fancy ice cream in a cafe. Then back to BnB and a curry.

The trip cost best part of 1000 but I really needed break and great to experience Olympics in Europe for a second time.

Whilst we would have loved to see the equestrian I think we would have struggled with the heat especially on Tues and that would have impacted on our enjoyment.

Downsides were it was hot so sleeping was hard. I was lucky I was on the sofa bed which was downstairs and less hot. My friends who were upstairs struggled with sleeping. There are tiger mosquitos lets home we don't come back with Dengue. Luckily I had got bug spray. We did get biten on the first night especially before we realised they were around and not using bug spray.

Attachments

• 20240802_163024.jpg
    20240802_163024.jpg
    941.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240731_163635.jpg
    20240731_163635.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240802_094158.jpg
    20240802_094158.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240801_135358.jpg
    20240801_135358.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240801_090524.jpg
    20240801_090524.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240731_165001.jpg
    20240731_165001.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240731_095450.jpg
    20240731_095450.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 6

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
On my way back on Eurostar had a fantastic break and worth every penny even if we didn't get equestrian tickets due to the costs. Quite glad we didn't due to the heat.

Day one hockey GBR v South Africa. We swapped tickets with some Germans as Germany were playing on out pitch so they got to see Germany and we got to see UK win. It was so hot my dress was soaked with sweat. We left during second match as Australia v USA as it had become so hot it was no fun to watch.

We then went to see the park of champions to watch some actives there for free and then diner in Effiel tower - delicious.

Day two. Volleyball indoors what a relief as again really hot. Fantastic atmosphere with music and lots of spectator participation Brazil v Japan. Brazil the best team in the world. Loads of Brazilian in the audience with flags and supportive t shirts. Lots of fun. Then we went to the parc of champions again to watch activities and also parade of some medal winners. Then dinner and back to bnb. There was a massive storm that night and our abnb turned out to have a leaking roof but thankfully storm didn't last long.

Day three athletics. Stade du France holds 80,000 people so very busy. Our seats were thankfully under cover in a shady side so we really enjoyed that as cool. Saw 100m female qualifiers nearly 100 athletes trying to qualify. Also saw 1500 and 800 qualifiers, hammer throw, high jump decathlon 100m, long jump and shot. Then went see the Olympic flame but it is not a flame it is LED lights and look round the outside Louvre. Had fancy ice cream in a cafe. Then back to BnB and a curry.

The trip cost best part of 1000 but I really needed break and great to experience Olympics in Europe for a second time.

Whilst we would have loved to see the equestrian I think we would have struggled with the heat especially on Tues and that would have impacted on our enjoyment.

Downsides were it was hot so sleeping was hard. I was lucky I was on the sofa bed which was downstairs and less hot. My friends who were upstairs struggled with sleeping. There are tiger mosquitos lets home we don't come back with Dengue. Luckily I had got bug spray. We did get biten on the first night especially before we realised they were around and not using bug spray.
What an incredible experience.