The thread of all Olympic Threads

Equi

Visit site
Modern penthalon starts the 9th of August, I may watch the sj element to see if they are any better than last time but may not.

Nicnac

Visit site
Pity for the Brits. I don't like watching pure show jumping so haven't seen any of it but follow here and on SM.

teapot

Visit site
It’s mad that they’ve not been able to take it out at this Olympics, they’ve had years. The Olympic organisation needs to evolve a little, I think. Too many antiquated scoring systems allowing for major errors too.

For Olympic sports they effectively work a games ahead etc, they don’t have the capacity to change something within the next cycle.

For example they’ll be already well underway with planning the 2032 games in Australia and which sports will be there.

Scoring updates and tech absolutely needs improving. Though whether it’s been an organisation issue this time around I don’t know…

stormox

Visit site
I thought that, he didn’t look quite with it.

I have to say I think there are way too many rounds of show jumping. Lots of them look slightly weary - horses and riders. Why not accumulate points over the first two or three rounds?
Because people would ride differently in a team event, safer to make sure team completes, than in an individual competition when the risk is on yourself only.

Squeak

Visit site
Am I being stupid or was that all massively hypocritical?

It certainly didn't read to me like it did justice to the achievements of team GB in the equestrian sports and it made it read like Romeo and Harry Charles was more dramatic and serious than it was.

reynold

Visit site
aaah but don't you know that Harry is the most important as he's dating Steve Jobs daughter....??

lets just focus on the celeb side and who cares about the actual sport results

ggrrrrrrrr

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Ladies 10m platform diving final

They're handstanding on the platform, absolutely no way on this planet would I do that, I wouldn't even go on it 😂

Hoping Sky will be OK to take her place in the skateboarding final, she took a tumble and was clutching her shoulder, which was already carrying an injury

shortstuff99

Visit site