The thread of all Olympic Threads

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Really annoyed at this. I was scrolling through Facebook, and this is the ad with the headline that the Daily Express has decided to go with.

What a revolting misrepresentation of her words, and purely aimed at spreading negative feeling.

View attachment 143754
What's the context and quote here, would rather not give the express any clicks

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Really annoyed at this. I was scrolling through Facebook, and this is the ad with the headline that the Daily Express has decided to go with.

What a revolting misrepresentation of her words, and purely aimed at spreading negative feeling.

View attachment 143754
I was just going to post this bloody reporters post stupid headlines and half the people won’t even red the whole article . Makes me cross too!!!

For anyone who hasn’t read the article she said previously she was sad to be British because she didn’t think she would get on the team, absolutely nothing to do with today

Maxine67

Official Waffle Counter 🤣
Greater Manchester (although I still say Cheshire)
Visit site
As splashgirl said, she was worried she wouldn’t get into the squad because the British standard was so high that she’d have to beat the likes of Kitty, Oli etc.
Ah that makes more sense, but given recent events how many people will assume its something to do with that? Very misleading 😕
Oh I saw that interview. Not clear from the headline what they were referencing

criso

Visit site
As splashgirl said, she was worried she wouldn’t get into the squad because the British standard was so high that she’d have to beat the likes of Kitty, Oli etc.
Following on from that. What is the the maximum number of competitors that a country can enter in other events say swimming or athletics

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
NGL pretty delighted with result. Team gold for GB and then I backed Michi at 23-1 and had £10 on him. I also backed Burto at 66-1 spending a whole £4 and Laura at 14-1 for £2. It was win only as should have done an accumulator. But whatever with Burto and Michi I was quids in!

criso

Visit site
Does anyone know what time dressage is on in the BBC (or I-playet) tomorrow? I can't find it
BBC aren't timetabling anything, just jumping between different sports and BBC1 and the red button as they feel like it. I'm wfh again in the morning so I'll have it on in the background in case.

Looks like Eurosport aren't showing it either.

Shoei

Visit site
Screen shot above, the whole thing will be on Discovery but I haven’t seen if BBC are including any on BBC1 or red button/iplayer
Thanks Bobby Hayler-Wright is commentating for the BBC so they must be showing it somewhere, but they're not doing great with listing's... maybe I need a good old Radio Times lol

teapot

Visit site
Good day for Team GB :D

Right, I probably won't be updating this thread as much this week as a) eventing's my main interest, and b) I've actually got to do some work 😂

Start list and times (deduct an hour) for the Dressage proper is here however:

By team: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)A_EQUODRESTEAM----------GP----------.pdf
By individual: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)B_EQUODRESINDV----------GP----------.pdf

Carl and Becky tomorrow, Lottie on Wednesday :)

Just bumping this - first day of the Dressage on tuesday

Carl at 11.25am UK time
Becky at 3.11pm UK time

Then Lottie goes at 9am Wednesday morning

criso

Visit site
Thanks Bobby Hayler-Wright is commentating for the BBC so they must be showing it somewhere, but they're not doing great with listing's... maybe I need a good old Radio Times lol
I think as they only have 2 channels they are just reacting to what's happening so if there's a tense final, that will get shown instead. They showed all but the earlier rounds of the jumping today because it was so right down to the wire and a real chance of a gold medal. First day dressage won't have the same pull so they'll probably slot in a few rounds around other things.

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Good day for Team GB :D

Right, I probably won't be updating this thread as much this week as a) eventing's my main interest, and b) I've actually got to do some work 😂

Start list and times (deduct an hour) for the Dressage proper is here however:

By team: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)A_EQUODRESTEAM----------GP----------.pdf
By individual: https://olympics.com/OG2024/pdf/OG2024/EQU/OG2024_EQU_C51(D)B_EQUODRESINDV----------GP----------.pdf

Carl and Becky tomorrow, Lottie on Wednesday :)
30 countries competing in the individual isn't bad at all. Exciting days to be seeing this "much" diversity in the sport. But let's hope there's some diversity in the style of riding too.

Shoei

Visit site
I think as they only have 2 channels they are just reacting to what's happening so if there's a tense final, that will get shown instead. They showed all but the earlier rounds of the jumping today because it was so right down to the wire and a real chance of a gold medal. First day dressage won't have the same pull so they'll probably slot in a few rounds around other things.
That's useful thanks. I the midst of hay making so I haven't managed to watch any eventing, but I should be able to catch some dressage and catch up with the eventing.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
NGL pretty delighted with result. Team gold for GB and then I backed Michi at 23-1 and had £10 on him. I also backed Burto at 66-1 spending a whole £4 and Laura at 14-1 for £2. It was win only as should have done an accumulator. But whatever with Burto and Michi I was quids in!

Drinks on you! I never even knew you could bet on things like that.

I just watched the BBC interview but it was a bit naff.