The thread of all Olympic Threads

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
That's useful thanks. I the midst of hay making so I haven't managed to watch any eventing, but I should be able to catch some dressage and catch up with the eventing.
Keep an eye on here as those of us without discovery+ will post if they are showing something. I'll be going out at midday though as I'm going up to the yard so won't be much help

Northern Hare

Visit site
Isn’t this selfie that Tom put on Facebook possibly the most impressive selfie ever!
Yes definitely - if that's the selfie they showed him taking on the tv coverage, it was on their lap on honour, and they were cantering around the arena, and he calmly took out his phone and they all smiled at the camera - what a great shot he got! 🥇

teapot

Visit site
30 countries competing in the individual isn't bad at all. Exciting days to be seeing this "much" diversity in the sport. But let's hope there's some diversity in the style of riding too.

It’s 30 individuals today and 30 tomorrow, today/tomorrow all counts towards the team score.

30 countries is pretty good tbf. Hadn’t realised that, let’s hope no one’s eliminated.

Last edited:

Kadastorm

Visit site
First horse a bit tense but so far, a nice test, what a backdrop 😍

These horses do amaze me in these huge atmospheres.

j1ffy

Visit site
Just found this on H&H re commentators: https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/features/paris-olympics-equestrian-commentators-864035

"Discovery+ is the only channel which will carry coverage of all the equestrian action if you are watching from the UK. The lead commentator is Richard Vaughan, and he is being supported by Spencer Sturmey during the eventing, Nicky Pasco (née Barrett) for the dressage, and Sarah Rust for the showjumping."

equinerebel

Visit site
I'm not watching and won't be making the effort to see it on catch up later either. I could just about still stomach eventing, but pure dressage and SJ make me too uncomfortable.

I hope whoever is the most kind and gentle to their horse wins, regardless of nationality.

j1ffy

Visit site
Wonder how this one was trained?
For the last 18 months he's been with Matt Frost at AMD. I've seen him schooled many times and he's always looked fabulous, very relaxed and very powerful. Previously he was at Blu Hors in Denmark so I can't speak for how he was there.

He's always coped well when I'm having a lesson on a rather wild Chilli in the same arena!

Equi

Visit site
Think the atmosphere just got to him. She’s done well to calm him down and get a test. Not a nice picture though.