The thread of all Olympic Threads

j1ffy

Visit site
She is doing well to settle him. It’s a huge arena with a huge atmosphere, with people waving little fans. She is probably nervous too as she is representing her country. She is doing a better job than I would be able to do.
I'm pretty sure I'd have been the other side of Versailles if I'd been on him! Luckily Caroline is very laid back but no doubt it will still be a disappointment.

Maxine67

Official Waffle Counter 🤣
Greater Manchester (although I still say Cheshire)
Visit site
I'm not watching and won't be making the effort to see it on catch up later either. I could just about still stomach eventing, but pure dressage and SJ make me too uncomfortable.

I hope whoever is the most kind and gentle to their horse wins, regardless of nationality.
I've just started watching but do feel a bit uncomfortable about it and won't be watching much of it 😕

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
The double bridle and spurs chat was interesting. Not really an answer for why they are compulsory and a bit defensive about it I thought. The Lithuanian rider didn't seem to want to be use the curb so why should people not have the option to take it away if they want to try the movements without it and flexibility for the horse's preference.

Caroline seemed to do well to cool things down from start to finish.

Maxine67

Official Waffle Counter 🤣
Greater Manchester (although I still say Cheshire)
Visit site
The double bridle and spurs chat was interesting. Not really an answer for why they are compulsory and a bit defensive about it I thought. The Lithuanian rider didn't seem to want to be use the curb so why should people not have the option to take it away if they want to try the movements without it and flexibility for the horse's preference.

Caroline seemed to do well to cool things down from start to finish.
When did it become compulsory to use them?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Oh well of course now I've found this thread! But is this just equestrian? Is there room for a 2nd for other sports? Looking forward to Carl/s test and have splashed out on Discovory +

Reactions: Kat

khalswitz

Visit site
I have missed Carls test because I cannot find it on BBC anywhere and I’m just getting adverts
I couldn’t find it anywhere on BBC or Eurosport.

Honestly, this carving up of major sporting events between different subscription channels is a travesty. I thought the Olympics had to be on free to air TV by law? Why is the BBC not covering it all?