this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

paddy555

Visit site
She's got a sponsor too!
she has lots of sponsors. Presumably they all provide free stuff.
I can imagine her having an almost cult-like fan club
yes I think she does. There have been other horse "cults". The members have total allegiance to their leader without questioning. The leader can do no wrong.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
she has lots of sponsors. Presumably they all provide free stuff.

yes I think she does. There have been other horse "cults". The members have total allegiance to their leader without questioning. The leader can do no wrong.

Trump doesn't ride by any chance does he? Might account for his cult following. ☺️

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I think SM accounts like this, and many others, show why forums like HHO which are moderated but allow for disagreements and differing views are so important. I know that malicious and bullying posts are problematic (my mum's business page was targeted by someone she had turned down dating, it was fairly obvious but we needed to get them taken down and to be able to block the person) but I also find it disturbing how people can moderate their own comment sections to the extent it looks like they are completely right, reasonable and unquestionable. A narcissists' dream!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Just spotted this elsewhere, seems quite apt for the cult like following some manage to attract despite sh1te spouting, Rowreach.;)

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

Edited to add a comma, as it read that I was saying Rowreach is sh1te spouting!! Apologies Rowreach, grammar is everything children. 🤭

Last edited:

paddy555

Visit site
It does seem to be a thing that the more sh1te you spout and the more often you spout it, the people will come and adore you.
Just spotted this elsewhere, seems quite apt for the cult like following some manage to attract despite sh1te spouting Rowreach.;)

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.
I doubt either of you, nor many others on here, will remember. But at one time we did have another cult that makes Natalie pale into insignificance. That was Dr Strasser and she was also a vet so everyone believed her. That was when I started studying horsey "cults" .

(no offence intended to any vets on here)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I doubt either of you, nor many others on here, will remember. But at one time we did have another cult that makes Natalie pale into insignificance. That was Dr Strasser and she was also a vet so everyone believed her. That was when I started studying horsey "cults" .

Strasser still gives me night terrors.

daffy44

Visit site
I find this difficult, I'm cursed by the ability to see both sides of most arguments. I hate online bullying, and I do worry when I read some of the online comments about dressage because there are real people involved and the vast majority of those riders are not setting out to abuse their horses, maybe Helgstrand is exempt from this, as such long term systematic cruelty has to have intent behind it. But he is, thank goodness in a minority. I do wonder how many people who dislike Everdale also like Glamourdale? Same rider, training system etc, but very different horse conformation and character. I do not enjoy watching them, but do I think Lottie is setting out to hurt them? Absolutely not. I think judging needs a huge overhaul as this is the crux of it, the wrong things being rewarded is where it goes starts.

So yes, I worry about online abuse, and I dont think its right, and I think in the not too distant future people will be horrified at how unpoliced social media currently is. But cruelty should always be called out, condemmed and hopefully prosecuted.

As for the vets take on things I find those types of opinion daft, both my GP horses hack on a loose rein, one of them also bareback in a headcollar. I'm alone with all my horses from the very start, so they do their first trips away from home, lessons, shows etc with just me and their behaviour is fine, they are well bred warmbloods and they are not broncing hooligans, so its not compulsory for sport horses to be nutters.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I don't think anybody here would disagree that online abuse is toxic, harmful and always unacceptable.

But this vet is not calling out abuse. She is saying people have no right to an opinion at all. Because we are all cluless numpties on fat cobs. While being pretty abusive to thise who disagree.... She is a very bad advocate for Be Kind!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site

Oh yes!!! Those poor hooves on those poor crippled horses, but sure the good Doctor was God Almighty!😱😡

paddy555

Visit site
I don't think anybody here would disagree that online abuse is toxic, harmful and always unacceptable.

But this vet is not calling out abuse. She is saying people have no right to an opinion at all. Because we are all cluless numpties on fat cobs. While being pretty abusive to thise who disagree.... She is a very bad advocate for Be Kind!
the most abuse is coming from her and her attitude to any sort of comment. That is comment not criticism. The guy on the link mentioned in post 54 has a far more rational approach to the video which presumably started all this.

I don't think people on her FB page are criticising her (in fact her fan club are telling her how wonderful she is) however she is not open to any discussion. Any criticism seems to get the response that people are jealous. I don't get that.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
There have been quite a few comments disagreeing with the sentiment that if you don’t ride at that level, you have no right to comment. As usual, the comments are swiftly deleted, so her followers think they are following the flock by agreeing with her.
Deleted and the person blocked too..... keeps it all sanitised in her world I suppose.

Winters100

Visit site
To me if you are not willing to accept opinions that may be different to your own then simply ride at home, and certainly do not post pictures and videos on social media. The same goes for those foolish parents who create quasi-marketing businesses by posting videos of their children riding, and are then horrified when they receive any criticism. 'But it is just a child! You should not be critical' - well if you are foolish enough to use your child to create revenue, then you can expect them to be judged by others, just as a child actor or singer would be.

Goldenstar

Visit site
No one makes anyone ride at Grand Prix as a professional it’s a choice .
Winters is spot on you can ride at home excel at training produce your horse make it your thing .
Sport that gets to a winner because of objective judging (
Figure skating is another example ) invites people who are watching to seek to judge and understand the results why else would you watch , what would be the point otherwise .
It’s a competition.
It’s not bullying to say I have no idea how the judges get to those marks and to be honest although I looked for the test of the horse who was second on YouTube as I thought comparing would’ve interesting but I could not find it .
This is not trolling it’s taking an interest where would the sport be without that ?
Saying personally hurtful things about CF is another thing that’s for me going to far .
No of us know but I don’t think there’s a strong chance unlikely that she went home not at all content with that win and that test .
As for the vet from the arenas of mount Olympus she’s actually quite funny if you think about it .