Weekend Plans!

humblepie

Visit site
We are still in happy hacking mode but seeing the gale force winds for tomorrow may do a pamper mode instead. I discussed with my horse yesterday that he is no furlough - he isn't working but is going for long country walks instead. I am someone who really does need lessons to make me ride properly so if we do go in the school it is just for a trot and some pole work.

Wheels

Visit site
2 days after stopping looking, a horse popped up on my FB feed just 20 minutes away. So popped over to have a look with my RI. I won't say more till after the vetting which is tomorrow. I'm going over in my lorry for tjhat, and hoping to come home with him......

How exciting is that! Good luck x

scats

Visit site
Plans have mostly been scuppered by the ridiculously high winds here. Another tree down in my field (that’s almost the whole row of trees down over the last few years!). Fortunately I keep that section fenced off.

It’s forecast to be wild until tomorrow night. So annoying because it’s gorgeous and sunny!

Sheep

Visit site
Weather has been a bit mental today! OH off work so he was going to ride (his horse I suppose ?) but instead he did a few jobs round the yard and washed rubber matting etc.
No plans for tomorrow, but arena hire on Sunday (for him, jumping) then water treadmill on Monday. No dressage this week!

Wheels

Visit site
The wind was wild today! M in a tizzy even lunging and in hand. Think I'll give hacking a miss over the weekend but monday might be a go!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ooh exciting AE, fingers crossed for the vetting.

Can't believe your foaly sprog is almost here MP! Sending vibes for a nice easy delivery, and a healthy and not too cow coloured foal.

I'm not doing anything particularly exciting, but hoping to give the lorry a good check over in anticipation of venturing out soon. Other than that I managed to sneak a hack in early doors today before everything got a bit wild,then spent a day off attacking brambles and swearing a lot. Need to do some gardening.

Hacking pic from this morning (yes I am just sitting there, and no those reins are not being held ?. In my defence it was about 6am and nobody else about).
20200522_070551.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Obviously the windiest day in ages is the perfect day to play ludicrous games with your Carrot. Had trouble keeping stuff up when we weren't jumping, but the pony was pretty cool :D

100655260_736211636607_8292848113543020544_o.jpg

99432320_736211846187_4397405418515595264_o.jpg

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Say hi to Toby.

98342015_1564781353681996_1939708793965248512_n.jpg

5 years old.
Unregistered Irish horse.

He is completely unlike Amber in every way - steady where she is forward, friendly where she is aloof, cautious/careful over fences where she is reckless and overly bold. He has only ever hacked really. So very green in the school but apparently bomb proof out hacking. There is video of him hacking down a very fast A road.

He is going to be a mother-daughter share as Izzy's operation won't be for many more months but a splint and physio has made the pain more manageable so she can cope with riding 2-3 times a week. He is also going to a therapy horse. He is very, very sweet! An equine labrador.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Say hi to Toby.

98342015_1564781353681996_1939708793965248512_n.jpg

5 years old.
Unregistered Irish horse.

He is completely unlike Amber in every way - steady where she is forward, friendly where she is aloof, cautious/careful over fences where she is reckless and overly bold. He has only ever hacked really. So very green in the school but apparently bomb proof out hacking. There is video of him hacking down a very fast A road.

He is going to be a mother-daughter share as Izzy's operation won't be for many more months but a splint and physio has made the pain more manageable so she can cope with riding 2-3 times a week. He is also going to a therapy horse. He is very, very sweet! An equine labrador.
He's absolutely lovely! ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
looks smart. hope he is just what you want :) I'm pleased Izzy is coping OK, I was wondering how all this disruption might affect her - guess she may be in for an even longer wait now?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
looks smart. hope he is just what you want :) I'm pleased Izzy is coping OK, I was wondering how all this disruption might affect her - guess she may be in for an even longer wait now?

Yes she is just having on-line physio sessions. And all ops are on hold so what the wait time will be once they restart is anyone's guess. She is doing ok. Physio is only a temporary solution though- her dodgy arm bones are growing in the wrong direction and will only get worse over time. So the arm does eventually need to be re-broken and repositioned properly.

Toby seems ideal: safe, sane, nice movement and a decent jump. Nice size for us both too. Solid without being too chunky. Good at hacking. He ticks all the boxes and I got a great vibe off him too. Just felt safe and comfy as soon as I got on.

j1ffy

Visit site
He’s gorgeous AE!! How exciting for you both. I hope Izzy makes a full recovery soon, great that she can manage a little riding though.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
V nice sort AE ?

Popped over to my lesson this morning, v breezy but sunny. Started again on the flat and when B Fuzzy realised that she wasn't allowed to jump, she eventually settled into a reasonable shape at all 3 paces. Plenty of half halts had her listening, and some very nice upward and downward transitions were given.
On to jumping. Ping. Zoom. Ping.
So canter poles popped out and a better rhythm established and apart from one fence where she grabbed and zoomed it, a much better balance was found.
B is jump crazy to put in plainly and discussions are had about behaving like a 13.2 ja pony biking round bends and tanking at anything that resembles a jump, rather than a steady balanced granny ride......
Hey ho, at least she didn't attempt to set herself up to pop the arena fence here (tried to at sj coaches in Feb) and the last 3 exercises went v well :)