Where has everyone gone?

Vickijay

Visit site
I hope, judging by the fact you haven't posted again Cptrayes , that you are truly ashamed of yourself.
I never liked you as a poster, and mostly ignored your condescending replies and preachy evangelical views on certain subjects. But this is disgusting on a new level. I hope you never have the cheek to post on this forum again.
Spiteful, venomous individual.. you lead a sad sad life.

I think that is unfair to sheep!

Seriously though, I think most have spoken out because PS had chosen to not post on here. There must have been a reason for that. It is well known that the sisters and CPT do not get on, therefore seemed strange to many that CPT would be the one to announce it, coupled with the blog post.

Agreed ^^^.

CPT didn't post anything about herself in her post, she just posted about PS and she did it to be spiteful. I imagine a fair amount of posters knew anyway, I know I did, but not in a million years would I think about writing it on here. 1- It's absolutely nothing to do with me, and 2- I'm sure if/when PS decides she wanted it on here, that she will put it on here. How rude and/or crazy for someone that is known to dislike her to do it, just to be mean.

I'm not sure why someone suggested we wouldn't of read her blog, when the link is in her freshly edited signature for everyone to see! Disregarding any actual content on the blog, the web dev of the page made me want to gouge my eyes out!!! I did manage to stay on it long enough to find the post and too thought it was nasty and weird. The whole blog is so irratic and odd. I mean ranty drama queen "I'm never coming back" posts?

I'm honestly with NMT, I feel embarrassed & sorry for CPT, writing nasty & hurtful posts like this, crazy blog entries about people that you disagree with off the internet, I mean, really?

This thread has shown the worst and the best side of this forum in one go. What CPT did was pure nastiness and I think good on the rest of the forum for standing up to her.

charlie76

Visit site
As I posted first I cannot possibly be a sheep! However, whether it has been put on their own social media site or not, it doesn't take a genius to know that the fingers were just itching waiting for the opportunity to make a comment regarding it. There are hundreds of us, most on here, that knew about it but not one thought it appropriate to mention it until the horses owners actually did so themselves so to say that it is acceptable because its been announced else where is just wrong.
I don't care whats gone on in the past between the them, my comment was based on how I would feel in that situation and I would have been mortified as would most.
I have been on the end of cptrayes on line attacks and it actually affected me quite personally so I truely believe she commented either to score points or to provoke a reaction.I cannot get my head round anyone's thought process that thinks that this was right.

Reactions: TPO

siennamum

Visit site
I think this witchhunt is why I don't post anymore. It's irrelevant whether you disagree with CPTs post, there is a burning desire amongst dozens of you to join in the public stoning and I find it really unpleasant.
I'd rather just stay out of it & so no point posting as I never know which threads will descend into this kind of nastiness.

TPO

Visit site
As I posted first I cannot possibly be a sheep! However, whether it has been put on their own social media site or not, it doesn't take a genius to know that the fingers were just itching waiting for the opportunity to make a comment regarding it. There are hundreds of us, most on here, that knew about it but not one thought it appropriate to mention it until the horses owners actually did so themselves so to say that it is acceptable because its been announced else where is just wrong.
I don't care whats gone on in the past between the them, my comment was based on how I would feel in that situation and I would have been mortified as would most.
I have been on the end of cptrayes on line attacks and it actually affected me quite personally so I truely believe she commented either to score points or to provoke a reaction.I cannot get my head round anyone's thought process that thinks that this was right.

Agree with Vickij and Charlie76 100%.

Therefore I am clearly a sheep and incapable of independent thought rather than just being a person with morals who can tell right from wrong...

There is absolutely no point in trying to reason with CPTrayes, those that think she was correct in her actions and/or those posters that have gone out if their way to make negative, rude comments previously (yes, I do have a long memory). They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

popsdosh

Visit site
Agreed ^^^.

I'm honestly with NMT, I feel embarrassed & sorry for CPT, writing nasty & hurtful posts like this, crazy blog entries about people that you disagree with off the internet, I mean, really?

This thread has shown the worst and the best side of this forum in one go. What CPT did was pure nastiness and I think good on the rest of the forum for standing up to her.

Agree it was not the right place for it at all. Also I do not support CPT for doing it.
However the term kettle and black comes to mind PS and NMT have never been slow to criticise others on here or in other media. To be very blunt you may need reminding several very experienced posters on here predicted this outcome but got shouted down for even suggesting it.Most of those knowledgeable posters no longer contribute so maybe in there lies a story, people have short memories when it suits them!

WindyStacks

Visit site
Talk about mountains and molehills.

I'm fairly new to the forum and don't know the history of this trio of posters, I am however well-versed in Internet witchhunts where the herd claim "it's not bullying when it's 50:1 because she's mean and we've got the moral high ground so there". Grow up.

You've all blown it out of proportion. I read someone's horse had been PTS, without specifics I assumed colic/illness - YOU are the ones, in claiming to be protecting PS who have "put it out there" with the extremely snide "if you don't know what's happening, check out the blog".

Let sleeping dogs lie et al.

Fwiw, cptrayes is someone whose posts I have always enjoyed, she knows her subject matter well and has a depth and breadth of experience which spans well beyond the latest matching headcollar/numnah set.

Long live horsemanship - this ridiculous bickering can bigger off to mumsnet.

Last edited:

LittleTero

Visit site
I have to be honest the reason I never post any competing reports on here is because I am scared of being criticised. I know my faults so should expect others to tell me them if something doesn't go to plan, but still the thought of being brave enough to post pictures on here is terrifying! Think that's a shame really. But I do love this forum and read stuff on it all the time and do enjoy the competing reports immensely! So I'm afraid any posts i start are rather dull and usually about bits of kit or in the hunting forum cos I jumped something rele terrifying and was proud of it. As we all know on the hunting field you don't have to worry about marks for style lol. You just need to get to the other side. I might get brave and start a competing report post. I'll put myself in the hands of the gods :) there are so many lovely people on here id hate for everyone to jump ship!

millikins

Visit site
I too am in the camp who don't start posts and rarely say anything controversial because there are so many who make personal attacks because they disagree with you.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I think this witchhunt is why I don't post anymore. It's irrelevant whether you disagree with CPTs post, there is a burning desire amongst dozens of you to join in the public stoning and I find it really unpleasant.
I'd rather just stay out of it & so no point posting as I never know which threads will descend into this kind of nastiness.

Agree.

khalswitz

Visit site
I disagree. I've on several occasions been the one everyone disagreed with on a point (the recent thread in TR about horses sharing stables for one) and have never felt victimised in any way - certainly not being publicly stoned! I often have a different view as I have a very practical way of doing things, but I've never been hounded for it. But I don't ever get personal or take things personally - and I do think once you start that the forum turns against you. The difference between an anonymous forum and Facebook is that people can be more vitriolic when they do start.

I think calling CPT evil is a bit much - it was a poor call to share PS's news before she did, and the blog post was not only callous but slightly vindictive. However it should have been reported and pulled up on rather than turning the thread into an outpouring of bile. However, if another poster had innocently shared the same news without thinking? I don't think they'd have had the same treatment. The forum does treat you as you treat it IMO.

Vickijay

Visit site
Fwiw, cptrayes is someone whose posts I have always enjoyed, she knows her subject matter well and has a depth and breadth of experience which spans well beyond the latest matching headcollar/numnah set.

Long live horsemanship - this ridiculous bickering can bigger off to mumsnet.

I agree with your last sentence and also think that life is too short for bickering, that was part of my point! I do have to disagree that there is any sort of link between saddlepads and lack of in depth knowledge though! It is possible to saddlepads, knowledge, or even both! ;)

I think calling CPT evil is a bit much - it was a poor call to share PS's news before she did, and the blog post was not only callous but slightly vindictive. However it should have been reported and pulled up on rather than turning the thread into an outpouring of bile. However, if another poster had innocently shared the same news without thinking? I don't think they'd have had the same treatment. The forum does treat you as you treat it IMO.

Agreed, despite having said that I think what CPT did was nasty and hurtful, she is just a person on the internet and life is too short to get het up about it. I did press the button on the thread in the hope that it would go, but here it stays!!

teabiscuit

Visit site
Ironically they are both strong minded women doing the best they could for very challenged and difficult horses. It must have been a hard journey for both of them, to have it end as it did, losing their horse, must be hurting them both.

Luci07

Visit site
I disagree. I've on several occasions been the one everyone disagreed with on a point (the recent thread in TR about horses sharing stables for one) and have never felt victimised in any way - certainly not being publicly stoned! I often have a different view as I have a very practical way of doing things, but I've never been hounded for it. But I don't ever get personal or take things personally - and I do think once you start that the forum turns against you. The difference between an anonymous forum and Facebook is that people can be more vitriolic when they do start.

I was one who didn't agree with you on the stable sharing. However, your posts were never self righteous or critical, purely factual. Hence why you did not find people disliking your post.

I took the stance long ago not to get dragged into certain subjects, the exception being when Staffords are unfairly vilified!

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Getting back to origin of this thread......

I post reports on my events, good or bad (check out my last report, a Big E and a big R) some get lots of replies / comments and some don't. I um and arh about posting them so if there hasn't been many new posts I'll do one. I add Headcam footage which makes it a bit more interesting, even just for my waffling whilst going round the xc. I'm just an average hobby rider so my reports are far from outstanding.
I personally find that I do most of my browsing on here using my phone so I tend to think that I'll pop back later and reply but then get distracted by something else !

I'm fairly new to facebook and although not being at all techy I like the 'like' button option and the simpleness of posting pictures. It's a faff loading onto photo bucket etc whic puts people off. Like a previous poster back in the early pages, I tend not to click onto photo links but like to see the picture included in the post :smile3:

EmmaB

Visit site
Having seen the news on fb I was a bit shocked to see someone would post it on here when the owner clearly hadn't wanted to...

But to answer the OP! It's a shame that so many have people have left, I love reading reports but I'm another who doesn't post much as I feel I'm in no way as experienced as others on here. I'm going to make more of an effort to reply to the threads I read now though, if everyone does then we will all have more to discuss! Hopefully it will pick up when everyone's stuck indoors over winter :)

Also..I don't have anyone from here on fb as I don't post enough to get to 'know' people, so I miss out on what everyone's upto!

Moya_999

Visit site
Its one thing writing things on your own site, but to post it on here without prior consent from the person involved is wrong. If one of my horses gets PTS I am sure I would not want it posted all over this site unless *I choose to make it public. Loosing a horse is tragic under any circumstances and a lot of owners on here only post they have had their dog/cat/horse/ what ever the animal PTS when they feel the time is right to share it.
I have noticed many wait several weeks months or years before they share that personal info and some do not share at all, and to post what CPT did without PS knowledge is wrong.

I feel sorry for PS to have a stranger posting it in a very cold way, no compassion or sorrow in the way it was written. I viewed the blog on the CPT website, who was obviously upset with PS and this was posted without thinking of how it would upset PS.

Shamefull

Last edited:

TheoryX1

Visit site
Oh blimey, what started as a genuine question has degenerated yet again into bitching. I used to really enjoy this forum and there were lots of knowledgeable riders on here who helped my daughter;s eventing trials and tribulations out a treat. I have confined my activities purely to TR and the vet section regarding my cob's arthritis. My daughter has evented this year , but I havent bothered to post on here, plus my life has taken a massive shift with me leaving my business, so HHO has been the least of my issues.

I dont really know what to say regarding the issue with PS horse being PTS, apart from its terribly sad and mine and Mini TX's thoughts are with her at this horrible time. However, did it really need to descend into the bitchfest that it has?

To be honest I know a few of you via FB, and lots who have left due to the chippy nature of this forum, which is a massive shame.