Why do people want to own cobs?

Queenbee87

Visit site
Damn, I forgot, gone are the days when I was well known for my hatred of all things vaguely warmer than cold bloods...

It's a mix post, for those warmblood owners who have replied to it. It's a bit of "OMG, some people are being SERIOUS when they say cobs are useless hairy fluffballs of attitude!" and "well, here's my cob owners responce to Shils post".

Currently, my beautiful cob mare is heavily pregnant and incredably overdue with a warmbloods child... So please excuse me if I didn't make my humour clear!

It's because you didn't use a smiley face..... :p

My comment was not solely aimed at you. It has just amused me, as previously mentioned, that there are some users who complain at the comments made re: cobs yet have double standards and are able to make derogatory comments about anything else. ETA: if these comments were about the breed of horse I had it would not rile me in any way- unless the post was titled "Why do people want to own Queenbee87's horse"

Last edited:

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Its awesome Soph, its provided no end of fun for the rest of us who didn't get to join in the fun last night.

Good job all of you involved, very amusing.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
It's because you didn't use a smiley face..... :p

My comment was not solely aimed at you. It has just amused me, as previously mentioned, that there are some users who complain at the comments made re: cobs yet have double standards and are able to make derogatory comments about anything else.

Well, I spose part if it is cos warmbloods are pretty samey... if they're arabs, they're divas, if they're thoroughbreds, they're speed demons, and if they're 'warmbloods' they're either divas, flighty, or just so damn rude you want to shoot them!

I've never met a cob that was like another cob! (unless you start looking at 13.1hh coloured ponies which are NOT cobs, have never BEEN cobs, and I will shoot people who call them cobs!!!) - and I've only owned cobs and one dartmoor! (and he was banned from the riding school for eating children :D )

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I think the dog's had it, it's hiccuping like mad:D

g060.gif

g070.gif

Queenbee87

Visit site
Well, I spose part if it is cos warmbloods are pretty samey... if they're arabs, they're divas, if they're thoroughbreds, they're speed demons, and if they're 'warmbloods' they're either divas, flighty, or just so damn rude you want to shoot them!

I've never met a cob that was like another cob! (unless you start looking at 13.1hh coloured ponies which are NOT cobs, have never BEEN cobs, and I will shoot people who call them cobs!!!) - and I've only owned cobs and one dartmoor! (and he was banned from the riding school for eating children :D )

:eek::eek::eek: How could you possibly even joke about shooting a horse! I am very offended by this. :p (THIS IS A JOKE)

Martlin- I think I will have to report you to the RSPCA for giving alcohol to a minor (assuming your dog is under 18?)

I love riding school ponies who terrorise young children- hours of fun :D

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
:eek::eek::eek: How could you possibly even joke about shooting a horse! I am very offended by this. :p (THIS IS A JOKE)

Martlin- I think I will have to report you to the RSPCA for giving alcohol to a minor (assuming your dog is under 18?)

It's only 3 and p!ssed as a fart:cool:
Not sure if RSPCA deal with drinking laws?:D
It could be arrested as drunk and disorderly?

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site

I was handed him as a 10yo and told "No one else wants to ride him, it's yours today" and fell in love. Something about galloping halfway home across the golf course cos he didn't want to get his feet wet going back the way we'd come (ended up taking another pony with us, who's terrified child screamed the whole way, making the instructers horse start rearing and two other kids start screaming! Fun times!)
He then took up attacking other ponies to make children scream, attacked my pony and I ended up on the floor getting my backside kicked, attacked my sister's pony and got her throw into a fence... eventually went up for sale so we bought him!

Used to jump over 3ft (he was 12.1hh and I was 11!) for the sheer fun of it! Oh how things have changed! (like, I aged!) - but it was so much FUN competing against grown ups on warmbloods, they used to look at us like we were mad and we'd jump better than they did. Probably where my longstanding hatred of warmbloods came from!

Queenbee87

Visit site
It's only 3 and p!ssed as a fart:cool:
Not sure if RSPCA deal with drinking laws?:D
It could be arrested as drunk and disorderly?

To be fair the RSPCA would probably be useless anyway........ (am I allowed to say this or will it offend someone) Poor dog is going to have a hangover in the morning....... :p

Puppy

Visit site
Here come the fluffies from EW to the rescue - again, no S O H...

Freddie is lovely, don't think anyone disputed that.

Thankfully me and my hairy cobalike dont need anyone else to verify how good my horse is...sad that some of you can't say the same.

So someone doesn't rate YOUR breed of horse... grow up and get on with it, that is if you were too stupid in the first place to see this thread for what it was...

Ooh, you little monkey! :D :D

Puppy

Visit site
Interesting you bring up EW. Didn't you used to be an avid member there once upon a time (where you used the name 'JM7' coincidentially). If i recall you were banned for being a bullying witch. People really do never change.

Well that goes to show how misguided you are... :confused:

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Ima witch again... *shakes head*

First Dunroamin, now Ignito or whatever its name is.... I'm the spearhead witch with my bunch of croanies, not to mention being JM07 and possibly Lord Lucan at the same time..

Maybe even Shergar, depending on if I've brushed my teeth or not :p

hadfos

Visit site
Well that helped the evening along,lmao....just taken me 40mins to trawl through that lot:) entertaining reading i must say:D

hadfos

Visit site
Ima witch again... *shakes head*

First Dunroamin, now Ignito or whatever its name is.... I'm the spearhead witch with my bunch of croanies, not to mention being JM07 and possibly Lord Lucan at the same time..

Maybe even Shergar, depending on if I've brushed my teeth or not :p

Almao..my you have some identities,how do you keep up with them all;):p:D
Would you like to be me too:) lmao

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I AM you Haddy :p

Do you know my various personalities actually might be in double figures now :p well, if admin would insist on banning me :p

We can be witchy harridans together Vizzy :)