Why do people want to own cobs?

Fellewell

Visit site
Just because youre clearly not experienced enough to make a cob go, does not mean they cant go ;) its easy to sit on a warmblood and kick, you clearly havent mastered versatility to which you ride yet :) !

Nice comeback Chantelle (I do hope it's for me, I love attention). You appear to be warming to this;)
You clearly haven't mastered the syntax at the end of your post. So there:p

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Just because youre clearly not experienced enough to make a cob go, does not mean they cant go ;) its easy to sit on a warmblood and kick, you clearly havent mastered versatility to which you ride yet :) !

I love cobs, my mare is often mistaken for one. But do not think just because WBs are made to look easy to ride that they are. Come along any time and give my KWPN a kick on, it'll be funny if nothing else,you could be the first rider in space!
FDC

Last edited:

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Perhaps people own cobs because they go soooo sloooooowly that they can't possibly be left behind in rising trot?
S :D

Ouchies, that's a bit too close to the bone for me with my shiny new ISH and his HUGE trot. More than one person has suggested I should have bought a cob:(

peanutsmumma

Visit site
I've just taken a Shire x Cob on as my share horse and I have to
say, she is awesome!!!
I've only had TB's before and I can happily say that I have been converted!!!!

Annie&Lilly

Visit site
Having a bit of a LOLathon at this post!

Nice one Shils!

I have a Fresian x Cob who is affiliated in medium dressage. I also have a warmblood. They are both bonkers. Just one is a bit hairier.

It was a bit of fun folks, lets not get riled :D

baldeagle

New User
Visit site
Obviously posted by someone whose only experience of horses is their my little pony and the odd trip to a local riding school as a child, last week.

We have warmbloods and ISHs but years ago we had a 15.2hh Irish cob and she was one of the best horses we've ever had, she crossed any country, could keep up with the best at the hunt and could SJ 1.30m tracks for fun.

Get your mum to take you back to see the gee gees again on Sunday.

rhino

Visit site
Obviously posted by someone whose only experience of horses is their my little pony and the odd trip to a local riding school as a child, last week.

a080.gif

Quick Shils, you've got a live one here! :D

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site

We have warmbloods and ISHs but years ago we had a 15.2hh Irish cob and she was one of the best horses we've ever had, she crossed any country, could keep up with the best at the hunt and could SJ 1.30m tracks for fun.

:D :D :D

Mrs B

Visit site
Thought it was an appropriate time to resurrect this thread.
Mind you, when isn't an appropriate time?

*drums fingers on desk*
Shilasdair. My office. Now.

*shuts door*
You really are very naughty. Have you actually done what I told you to and emptied the net of tiddlers? Because if you haven't, Hugh Faintly-Withitall will be after you for unsustainable fishing of an endangered species.

One hour's detention to write 100 times: "I love cobs really. Honest. Cross my heart..."

See me after class. I SHALL be writing to Beelzebub this time and I think you'll find that the regular tuck treats of chocolate locusts will be absent from your lunch box until after half-term :mad:

Leah3horses

Visit site
Groan :( Thought Hallowe'en was over? Get back in your coffin or whatever it is you sleep in Shilasdair...And wait while I position my Cob x Elephant to sit her ample bottom right on top of you

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I've ridden fancy, skinny legged, hot headed horses all my life, and once apon a time that was 'cool' and the kind of horses to be seen on.... Now I jump at the chance to have a ride out on a tree trunk legged, laid back chunky monkey, because they restore the fun into riding, you don't have to be 3 miles ahead of them, you don't have to worry about narrow shoulders increasing probabilities of exiting out the side, and with them being steady and sure footed- you can go adventures to places skinny fragile horses can't manage. I love riding out with my sister in law on her friends cobby thing now at the weekends. Can sit to it's trot, it's sane, but will gallop for fun.

Of course I'm stereotyping cobs as all sane and sensible here... When we all know some give TBs a run for their money ; )

debsg

Visit site
I haven't posted on here in nearly 2 years but, having spent AGES reading through the replies, I had to reactivate my registration to say that this has really cheered up my morning ;D I have been ill for two days, stuck in bed with my laptop, so in need of light relief!
Just to say I have a hairy cob, love her to death, and a TBx, love her also, and I have not been remotely offended by anything posted here. In fact i have pmsl, even more so at some of the irate replies and taken the whole thing in the spirit in which it was (I think!) intended.
My view is that if you don't find it amusing, you of course have a right to say so, after that, you have a choice to leave this post and read something more pleasing to you. Some of us are just SO enjoying the fun of it!

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?

I think you are totally wrong about cobs i own 3 cobs and i have owned them in the past, You must not know very much about horses if you are sayin that about them.

You must not be a very able rider if you think cob's ( jolty your ride )

I would pick a cob over any other horse, They are much better than other horses eg (warmblood's).