Why do people want to own cobs?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I have experienced first hand the descent from TB to WB to LW cob (Criollo) I'm not even ashamed :D

Hola, stranger! Where have you been?!

I believe the thread should be titled
"Why am I a massive c u next Tuesday ?" Instead.
Answers on a postcard (not that I really care though!)

I've always loved the stockier horse, leg in each corner type. I love cobs because they're versatile , usually have a leg in each corner, and look rather magnificent with feathers flying doing dressage.

I'd show you my stunner of a cob but you'd just be rude about him so can't be arsed. BTW he's not fat. Or cow coloured.

Shils! Shils! You caught another one! Come quick! ?

I rather think you missed the intended irony and the fact that the OP owns a cob, as do many of us on the thread.

*Waits to see if poster gets an infraction from a bot*

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Is that because you descended from the WB rather more often than is sensible for a woman of your age?
LOL!!! WELL, technically, LC is only HALF wb, and I've only fallen off F twice (once startled by a cow where it shouldn't have been, then, more shamingly, dislodged by the SHOWJUMPER being horrified at being asked to TROT over a pole on the ground.... Not my finest hour) I've only had the cob for 3 months, so there is still time...
I agree I am dislodged FAR more often than is sensible at my age

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
The best way to reduce eating is to ride all day(works for rider too), though mine is still pretty skilled at grabbing hedges for a snack even at a speedy trot.

Sadly, I bought my new one just as he finished box rest for Lami so is on restricted everything, including exercise. :rolleyes:

I am getting the exercise though, 6 hay nets a day, all soaked. Plus the excessive workout keeping the coat and feather in order. :p

Oh, and smiling non stop.

Last edited:

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Hola, stranger! Where have you been?!

Shils! Shils! You caught another one! Come quick! ?

I rather think you missed the intended irony and the fact that the OP owns a cob, as do many of us on the thread.

*Waits to see if poster gets an infraction from a bot*
They must work harder at irony than.

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
I have to say i hope this is tongue in cheek!!

I know of several cobs who are light to the leg and one especially that has a natural flair for dressage and literally floats along the ground.

Sweeping statements such as above I think are designed to irritate and provoke unless people know they are not serious!!

Nikki xxx
Yes I’m sure you are winding people
up and don’t mean harm but people love their horses and can be very protective, they may take this the wrong way. I’ve seen cobs win dressage competitions, and I think they look lovely both in their natural state and when they are groomed, clipped and plaited up. Check out the photo, beautiful and certainly not lazy!! ?

Attachments

• FBC56C5D-13DF-4F85-BBFB-0FC0C1A5BB40.jpeg
    FBC56C5D-13DF-4F85-BBFB-0FC0C1A5BB40.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 10

Foxy O

Visit site
Yes I’m sure you are winding people
up and don’t mean harm but people love their horses and can be very protective, they may take this the wrong way. I’ve seen cobs win dressage competitions, and I think they look lovely both in their natural state and when they are groomed, clipped and plaited up. Check out the photo, beautiful and certainly not lazy!! ?
Had that horse spotted a feed bucket? ;)