Yet another delightful rider..... not..... when will this end?

Miss_Millie

Visit site
I can't bring myself to watch this, but am not surprised she's also a nasty piece of work. I hope she gets what's coming to her. I watched the Your Riding Success YouTube channel back when it was run by another dressage rider (Natasha something?) - is she complicit in this too? The channel has quite a big following if I remember correctly.

JenJ

Visit site
I can't bring myself to watch this, but am not surprised she's also a nasty piece of work. I hope she gets what's coming to her. I watched the Your Riding Success YouTube channel back when it was run by another dressage rider (Natasha something?) - is she complicit in this too? The channel has quite a big following if I remember correctly.
I think they run it together.

daffy44

Visit site
Its a vile video, and it shows AD to be a truly revolting person, I'm heartbroken for the poor, poor horse and its owner. I know the owner should have stopped it, and I'm sure she knows that too, but its not always easy for everyone to do that in the heat of the moment, she was obviously so upset, I feel for her too.

But the thing that worries me, is that with this coming out and people jumping on how awful AD is, the tone seems to lean towards mitigating what CD did, because AD is awful too, two wrongs dont make a right. AD could be the worst person in the world, but it doesnt make anything that CD did better, all the latest video shows is that they have both been unbearable cruel to horses.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Its a vile video, and it shows AD to be a truly revolting person, I'm heartbroken for the poor, poor horse and its owner. I know the owner should have stopped it, and I'm sure she knows that too, but its not always easy for everyone to do that in the heat of the moment, she was obviously so upset, I feel for her too.

But the thing that worries me, is that with this coming out and people jumping on how awful AD is, the tone seems to lean towards mitigating what CD did, because AD is awful too, two wrongs dont make a right. AD could be the worst person in the world, but it doesnt make anything that CD did better, all the latest video shows is that they have both been unbearable cruel to horses.

Absolutely. This should be regarded as an additional case of blatant horse abuse. Not an either/or with respect to the CDJ case. The only thing that should connect them, is the fact that they both took their anger and ego out on a horse. Along with the Andrew McConnon case as well.

Upthecreek

Visit site
I am utterly shocked at the people being able to understand the owner not stepping in. How could anyone stand by and watch an animal they own go through that? For that length of time? How could anyone think that is not abusive? Regardless of the fact it’s a so called professional who is doing it? And this is the root of many of the problems and why horses continue to suffer abuse. People do not have the courage to put a stop to obvious abuse, even when it’s happening to an animal they are responsible for. Shame on them.

daffy44

Visit site
Absolutely. This should be regarded as an additional case of blatant horse abuse. Not an either/or with respect to the CDJ case. The only thing that should connect them, is the fact that they both took their anger and ego out on a horse. Along with the Andrew McConnon case as well.
Completely agree, this latest nasty video must be seen totally separate from the CD video, they are both abusive, thats it.

shortstuff99

Visit site
What a horrendous video and I'm gobsmacked at what anyone thought that was going to teach a horse! She knows it is wrong though with the line of 'don't tell anyone that's how I ride'.

I feel like the arena owner did put a stop to it by bringing up the damage and the money for that which seemed to make her scarper pretty quickly.

I also don't get how they don't seem to get bucked off?! I once got mildly mad at one of mine once and gave him a pretty mild kick and promptly got decked 😂. Put me right in my place that did and now I always try and find a better way of figuring training out.

misst

Visit site
I think people don't step in because they are stunned and conflicted. If you pay someone a huge sum to school your horse/teach your child etc you believe you are paying for the best. When reality appears I think you don't believe quite what is happening. Then you think oh this is an aberration it will stop soon. Then when it doesn't you are constrained by manners, embarrassment, the lack of belief that you're right because they must be right because they're in charge. You're not on home ground.
I am a mouthy bloshy cow but this happened to me on a much smaller scale. I still kick myself years later.

TPO

Visit site
I agree.

I do think that this video of AD proves that there was an ulterior motive for her release of the CDJ video, specifically with that timing. It is clear that AD does not care about animal welfare, exposing abusive practices or the sport of dressage. All reasons given for releasing the footage of CDJ.

As Dafffy has said both videos have to be viewed on an individual basis. AD being a disgusting excuse for a human does not minimise thr video that she released.

Just to be clear because I know some posters struggle to comprehend, I am not excusing the CDJ video. However I do believe that if there was more abuse in the CDJ lesson, or any previous lessons, that AD would have released it not just the 45 second clip [& that more footage (because she does allow filming in lessons) would have been released].

Meanwhile the full context of the AD video is freely available. From the owner riding to the many circuits of abuse that AD carried out over a prolonged period of time. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the horses but I think that there might be more AD videos based on social media postings.

Just to reiterate CDJ was wrong in her actions and abuse of the horse in that lesson. I do however believe that AD is a nasty piece of work both on and off a horse. That her actions in releasing the video of CDJ weren't because she cares about horses or their welfare in the slightest.

Isn't that a thing? Where abusers point fingers elsewhere, act supportive to victims etc? I'm possibly thinking of infamous murderers, but isn't it a thing where they want to be involved, interviews and important all while hiding their own guilty secrets?

ThreeFurs

Visit site
I can't remember what happened with the AD thing - was it verified who she actually was in relation to the CDJ video? I remember she denied it was her filming or her horse, or something?

Not that it particularly matters. I found that video incredibly upsetting to watch. They can all get in the bin together as far as I'm concerned.

Eta - I bet AD won't get any of the #bekind that CDJ got
Yes. She is. Pippa Cuckson wrote this, with background info, in HorseSport after YourRidingSuccess had its booking removed to run a competition in 2025 at Australia's premier venue Willinga Park, after horse community outcry. https://horsesport.com/cuckson-repo...essage-extravaganza-cancelled-after-backlash/

ThreeFurs

Visit site
Faark. I've lessoned on that arena, [the one in the AD horse abuse video posted by Roger East]. A couple of years ago I had a few sessions there, with the venue owner who is also a well-known dressage coach.

I've also volunteer gear-checked at dressage competitions in our area, and noted the arena owner's horse to be covered in spur marks, badly concealed with horse makeup. Couldn't eliminate as no fresh blood.

I felt sick for weeks, and was quite shocked, as the lessons I had weren't harsh.

I know people who know who the owner and the horse are too, although I don't, as she's in a younger age group to me.

My god.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I am utterly shocked at the people being able to understand the owner not stepping in. How could anyone stand by and watch an animal they own go through that? For that length of time? How could anyone think that is not abusive? Regardless of the fact it’s a so called professional who is doing it? And this is the root of many of the problems and why horses continue to suffer abuse. People do not have the courage to put a stop to obvious abuse, even when it’s happening to an animal they are responsible for. Shame on them.

It's absolutely a thing, instead of fight/flight when in a stressful situation, it's fawn or freeze. We're all different and we all act differently in threatening situations. They are all methods for "survival" in a moment of time.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It’s not like me, but I can’t bring myself to watch this latest video of horse abuse. It’s quite a long video, isn’t it?

Can someone summarise briefly what happens, maybe putting it behind a spoiler?
horse kicks out, she whacks it ad finitum and a lot of the time it's hitting the arena wall. Horse ends a sweaty mess and no apparent progress has been made.

Cloball

Visit site
It’s not like me, but I can’t bring myself to watch this latest video of horse abuse. It’s quite a long video, isn’t it?

Can someone summarise briefly what happens, maybe putting it behind a spoiler?
Canters horse spurring and whipping for 27 mins who is just back in work after a break. Does 3000 pounds worth of damage to arena wall.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I don't get why the owner didn't speak up
There isn't the 'big name' defence like in the CDJ case, although I wouldn't be surprised if AD is as hard on humans as she is on horses
In the comments under the Facebook post, someone says what happened when they intervened when AD was riding their horse.

Archangel

Normal, 10 cats ago
Visit site
Horrific video - she literally rode that lovely horse into the ground. She should be banned from owning/training horses for life.

So when she said "I just couldn't stand by and let C win another gold medal when she used such training methods"
what she really meant to say was:
"I just could let C win another medal because I am jealous, disgruntled and ride like 💩"

Last edited:

meleeka

Visit site
This is one of comments on the video:

"After reading the negative remarks about the rider not advocating for her horse I feel compelled to relate what happened to me at this clinic. I rode very early in the morning, there was only AF and myself present. AF rode my horse, I questioned what she was doing and to my absolute horror she had a massive tantrum, bought my horse to a screeching halt, THREW the reins over his head, leapt off whilst abusing me and telling me to get out, just go, she was the expert, I had no right questioning her and she was kicking me out of the clinic. I was so SHOCKED and felt incredibly guilty that I had somehow caused this absolute meltdown. I felt that it was completely my fault this was happening .She continued to verbally abuse and berate me. I felt compelled to apologise and apologise to her. I know how Gun's rider felt, please don't judge her, AF is a bully and is formidable at intimidation".

This is how bullies get away with it time and time again. 😡

ramsaybailey

Visit site

This worries me too agree with all you say

Maxine67

Official Waffle Counter 🤣
Greater Manchester (although I still say Cheshire)
Visit site
That AD film is partly heartbreaking & even more infuriating. Apart from reducing the horse to a ridiculous amount of distress, she then fobbed off the kicked walls, "Oh, I'll leave that with you"
She's not a great person at all really.
I've just watched the video (not great viewing over breakfast 😕 ) I feel utterly sick to my stomach that anyone is treating any animal this way, how can they call themselves "animal/horse lovers" and then treat them like that 😢
AD sounds like a vile human being, the way she completely disregards the damage to the wall and blames the "silly horse" is unbelievable 😳

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
This is one of comments on the video:

"After reading the negative remarks about the rider not advocating for her horse I feel compelled to relate what happened to me at this clinic. I rode very early in the morning, there was only AF and myself present. AF rode my horse, I questioned what she was doing and to my absolute horror she had a massive tantrum, bought my horse to a screeching halt, THREW the reins over his head, leapt off whilst abusing me and telling me to get out, just go, she was the expert, I had no right questioning her and she was kicking me out of the clinic. I was so SHOCKED and felt incredibly guilty that I had somehow caused this absolute meltdown. I felt that it was completely my fault this was happening .She continued to verbally abuse and berate me. I felt compelled to apologise and apologise to her. I know how Gun's rider felt, please don't judge her, AF is a bully and is formidable at intimidation".

This is how bullies get away with it time and time again. 😡
Yes and the victim blaming is also why people don't speak out afterwards, when they have had time to reflect and understood how awful the experiece was for their horse. Bullies rely on power imbalances to bully or intimidate people at the time, and then on shame/guilt to keep people quiet afterwards. The victim blaming is as big a problem as the abuse really.

Miss_Millie

Visit site
I don't want to unfairly lump her in with Alicia, but can we assume that 'BFF' Natasha Althoff also 'trains' this way? She originally started the Youtube channel 'Your Riding Success'. If you are close friends and business partners with someone, you're going to see how they ride and train, right? I'm going to take a wild guess that she is no different in private, when not performing for the Youtube channel. Either way she is tainted by association, and this makes me feel extremely sick as someone who watched the channel (and therefore contributed to her passive income) pre-Alicia taking it over.

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 09.49.00.png

Upthecreek

Visit site
It's absolutely a thing, instead of fight/flight when in a stressful situation, it's fawn or freeze. We're all different and we all act differently in threatening situations. They are all methods for "survival" in a moment of time.

What about “survival” of the poor horse or child suffering the abuse? I cannot understand how anyone could watch their horse or child being abused and do nothing to stop it, regardless of the situation. You don’t need to make a scene or shout at people, you just step in and remove them from the situation. If people cannot put welfare above dealing with uncomfortable or stressful situations, they need to have a good look at themselves. Everyone is calling for action to stop horse abuse. They want sports governing bodies to take action to stop it. Take some personal responsibility for what you see happening in front of your own eyes.

cauda equina

Visit site
Yes and the victim blaming is also why people don't speak out afterwards, when they have had time to reflect and understood how awful the experiece was for their horse. Bullies rely on power imbalances to bully or intimidate people at the time, and then on shame/guilt to keep people quiet afterwards. The victim blaming is as big a problem as the abuse really.
This is not victim blaming
The victims are the horses
No one is blaming the horses

About the timing of AD releasing the CD video -
I wonder if AD had an inkling that something like this might come out, and was using CD as a preemptive dead cat