2024 Foals

MatHalTed

Visit site
Gorgeous little filly foal born this morning! Mother gave us no signs of foaling anytime soon so had a bit of a lie in only to find a foal down in the stables 😂 mother and baby are doing brilliantly! Any ideas what colour the foal will end up being? Dam is a dark bay while the sire is a light bay. Very confused as the foal looks to be chestnut!! Either way she’s perfect!
View attachment 138860View attachment 138861View attachment 138862
Foal is definitely Chestnut (ee at Extension, any Agouti combo is possible depending on sire) that means you now know dam must be Ee A?. So she has a 50% chance of passing a dominant Extension (responsible for Black and Bay) and a 50% chance of passing a recessive extension (responsible for Chestnut when homozygous).

TheMule

Visit site
Gorgeous little filly foal born this morning! Mother gave us no signs of foaling anytime soon so had a bit of a lie in only to find a foal down in the stables 😂 mother and baby are doing brilliantly! Any ideas what colour the foal will end up being? Dam is a dark bay while the sire is a light bay. Very confused as the foal looks to be chestnut!! Either way she’s perfect!
View attachment 138860View attachment 138861View attachment 138862

She is gorgeous! What’s her breeding?

QueenBella

Visit site
She is gorgeous! What’s her breeding?
Thank you everyone for your kind words! There's nothing more special than a little foal!

She's out of my mare who is by T'is Voltaire and then mostly Irish breeding and the sire is Vancouver an AES Stallion.

Photos attached of Penny and Bella getting to enjoy a rare day of sunshine last week!

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4791.jpg
    IMG_4791.jpg
    865.7 KB · Views: 39

Asha

Visit site
Lovely updates Alibear and Queenbella . Both unfolded lovely !
My cheeky little fecker of a colt won’t stand still long enough for a photo . He seems to be spending his time bucking, rearing and galloping. Reckon that must be the pony brain 🤣

Asha

Visit site
Pip has passed the 320 day mark now. Shes looking much bigger than last year, and tbh i havent really paid much attention to her udders this year as she didnt foal until 352 days last year. However this morning i noticed she had been rubbing her tail so thought id best have a look. Quite surprised to see how full and tight they are at this stage. So shes being put in the foaling box so we can monitor her. I don’t see it being imminent but seems further on .

Shes definitely a lot happier this year, so we are guessing filly.

Dont know about the rest of you, but we are seeing a trend with our mares that the happier /chilled out they usually results in a filly. Grumpy/stallion like has produced colts.

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    737.1 KB · Views: 19

TheMule

Visit site

Asha

Visit site
Mine and my sisters beautiful mare foaled over the weekend, day 336, a stunning filly! We are so pleased with her, but we do wonder if she'll stay bay or turn grey like dad Cadensky.
View attachment 140312
View attachment 140309
View attachment 140313

Gorgeous filly congratulations. Mum is a belter too. To me she looks like she will turn grey. My filly that stayed bay had more buff coloured legs, and my colt who is most certainly turning grey has the same colour legs as your filly. Either way, shes quality.