An Introduction

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Oh wow ! He is lush 😍
When I had my 18 1hh the mounting block was just the step I used to climb onto the top rail of the fence to get on him ! Horse got so used to it he would stand next to any high object whilst I scrambled inelegantly aboard . Mr F eventually built me a huge mounting block which he always referred to as ' base camp ' . But the upside is that the view is lovely up there ( and you can see into everyone's gardens ) !
Hope you have many happy years together xx

meggymoo

Visit site
So, so pleased for you, you deserve a break in the bad luck stakes. He’s quite a stunner and I’m looking forward to seeing pics of you both in action

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm so pleased for you ☺️

Thankyou, Cloball! I'm a wee bit pleased for myself. It's exactly a year since we moved in here this Saturday. This feels like the end of a very, very bad year and the beginning of a good one. ETA we are grateful to Pickle that he got himself killed at the end of the first year and not the beginning of the second. Small mercies and all that. Charlie is simply a delightful character.

Last edited:

alibali

Visit site
Not been on here much recently. Sorry to hear you've been through such a tough time recently. Congratulations on a cracking new horse. I hope you have lots of fun together 😊

Surbie

Visit site
What a very handsome boy. Lovely big stable too that he looks less than 17hh in there. I am really pleased for you, some good luck and a gentle, safe horse. Love the rationale for his name too. I hope you do hop on tomorrow.

SilverLinings

Visit site
I hope you have a lovely and very long time with Charlie @ycbm , he sounds like a gentleman. I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to together over the next few months and years :)

I hadn't realised you had lost Pickle after loosing Ludo, I am really sorry to hear that, it sounds like you have had a pretty awful few months. I hope that Charlie is very good at providing pleasant distraction and that you have a fun summer for starters.

j1ffy

Visit site
He's very handsome! So pleased you have another and can't wait to follow your progress together.

M1lbie

Visit site
He‘s very handsome, hope you have a wonderful future with him after the difficult time you’ve had recently. Lots to look forward to, wishing you all the best

scats

Visit site
Thankyou, Cloball! I'm a wee bit pleased for myself. It's exactly a year since we moved in here this Saturday. This feels like the end of a very, very bad year and the beginning of a good one. ETA we are grateful to Pickle that he got himself killed at the end of the first year and not the beginning of the second. Small mercies and all that. Charlie is simply a delightful character.

I can’t believe it’s been a year since you moved! That feels like it’s flown by!

Rockman

Visit site
So sorry that I'd missed your latest news. I hope Charlie helps you to heal as much as I know you will do for him. So very happy for you x

NightStock

Visit site
He is lovely congratulations, what a tough time you have had, how fitting that you are onwards and up, up upwards!

still standing

Visit site
Delighted for you, after all your sad losses, to have found such a handsome chap to bring on. He has a kind soft eye, and good long ears, both of which are supposed to be excellent signs of a good 'un! Best of Luck and I look forward to following your progress with him.

Boulty

Visit site
He has the loveliest, kindest expression and a gorgeous head. May he decide to say “screw you” to the laws of how things “should be“ and stay sound & loving life until he’s about 30!