Anyone else want to shed some lbs?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Congratulations to all actually losing weight. I am the same as Steerpike, lost none at all, but have been doing loads of exercise and today completed my first 5K Parkrun.

I do feel a lot fitter!

Wheels

Visit site
Yes I'm about 7lbs lighter than when I started 3 weeks ago - weighed in on Sunday

very happy with it so far. My PT has me on a lower carb, higher protein and fats diet and have to say I'm really loving it - lots of nice food and not missing bread too much :D but I do have to be super organised and not just grabbing something at the last minute which was always toast lol

HeresHoping

Visit site
Well done everyone! Am inspired and jealous in turns. I think I could be classified as in a state of 'Gah!' :rolleyes:

Weigh In Wednesday:

Start weight (09/01): 11st 7.5lbs
Last weigh in weight (18/01): 11st 6lbs
Today's weight (25/01): 11st 5lbs
This week's loss: 1lb
Loss to date: 2.5lbs
Total inch loss: 0

100 HIITs in 100 days challenge: 11/16 - had two days off per week since the start but will reduce to one now am a bit fitter.

I have been as good as possible but I am going to have to ditch the weekend glass of wine, I think, and increase the exercise and just have 1 rest day per week. I so wanted to get back on the pony by the end of January but it's not going to happen. I won't get back on her until I am under 11st. Usually the pony and I go for a 3 mile walk at early doors but it is still too dark to feel safe on the roads even lit up like a Christmas tree - we tried and it was just too hairy for words. Our near bridle paths are like quagmires where the hunt has been through. I don't have time to deal with that in the mornings before school and work. So frustrating.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Haven't weighed myself this week yet, thought I'd do it Saturday morning as I'm going to the gym tomorrow and swimming on Friday.

Fidgety

Visit site
Pfffft. Another one not seeing the needle on the scales going leftwards! Joined a gym last week and done a weeks worth of pilates, bodycon, clubbercise and (quite hard) yoga classes in addition to the rowing machine, treadmill and power walking the dog, and despite cutting down on the carbs and upping the veggies and protein I don't seem to have lost an ounce. I do feel better and much looser in the joints, so I suppose that's the main thing :).

Wimbles

Visit site
It's my second weigh in tonight, I've been pretty good and did 40 lengths on Friday, all using my skanky arm which is a massive improvement on the 15 that I could manage the first time I went. Had another round of Aqua Fit on Monday and was equally as useless and confused. If I lose any weight from that then it will be from laughing so hard at myself.

Sheep

Visit site
Had a weigh in this morn.. 12lbs down from the start of the month! Possibly cheating with a slightly tactical weigh in.. I ran 10.5 miles last night, sweated buckets and didn't have any dinner (got home late due to said run), just a lot of tea and a flapjack. Really pleased and haven't found it too tough as doing WW.

Janovich

Visit site
Since the 9th January...to date i've lost 7lbs, which i'm pleased with :).

I've just been cutting out all the crap and eating as healthily as possible and moving more. I've not been able to ride alot these past few weeks due to medical issues, but i've been able to get back in the saddle recently, so that will have helped.

I'm in at 10st 7lbs at the moment so I've another 7lbs to lose before i'll feel happy about my weight. I'm only 5'3" and don't carry weight well if i put it on (feel like a weeble!! lol).

I do let the treats come in during the week as i find it takes the pressure off, so a glass of wine, or a small piece of cake or a biscuit or two has been consumed! But then, it's straight back on the wagon and eating healthily again.

Wimbles

Visit site
Only lost 1/2 a pound at weigh in. Can't lie, i was a bit gutted but at least it was off rather on so hey ho, onwards and downwards (hopefully).

Been incredibly good so far this week as I have a meal at a Chinese buffet place tomorrow.

TheOldTrout

Visit site
Haven't weighed myself yet this week - meant to this morning but forgot! - and had a large piece of cake at an ex-colleague's retirement bash yesterday (bad me...), but none of the waistbands have got any tighter. Swam 20 lengths this morning.

pennyturner

Visit site
I have only just read this thread, and it makes for inspiring reading.
I felt a bit bloated after christmas, and with the 45th birthday coming up, it's now or never, so I started my fast 2 weeks ago. This morning I was 11st 1.
Aiming for 10st, but it's hard going. Anyone else here over 40 and finding that it really isn't as easy as it used to be?

Wheels

Visit site
I have only just read this thread, and it makes for inspiring reading.
I felt a bit bloated after christmas, and with the 45th birthday coming up, it's now or never, so I started my fast 2 weeks ago. This morning I was 11st 1.
Aiming for 10st, but it's hard going. Anyone else here over 40 and finding that it really isn't as easy as it used to be?

Why are you fasting?

TheOldTrout

Visit site
I am on day 3 of no food due to a sickness bug which has rendered me unable to face eating. Feel awful and I bet it doesn't show on the scales!!

Is that the norovirus? My sympathies, it's awful. From my experience of it, you will lose weight, but probably feel that you'd sooner have kept the weight on rather than lose it like that!
Have a lie down and lots of water.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Again I have exercised well this week. Twice swimming 40 lengths a time, twice cycling 9 miles, twice running, been on the static bike and done pilates.

Weight loss? Nope! Still the same. It was my birthday so we had a meal and wine, plus a couple of bags of crisps, and a few chocs. Even so, with all that work I did hope to lose some!

I do feel a lot fitter though, and my tummy is more defined.

Wheels

Visit site
Our bodies can do funny things if we suddenly eat less / differently and / or start exercising more.

Stick with it red1, it will work if you are consistently eating less calories than you expend. But at the same time you have to eat enough.

TheOldTrout

Visit site
Would much rather be feeling well, have a little one with chicken pox as well!! Poor OH is having to do everything, including the horses!

Your OH must be wondering when he's going to come down with something! It does take a while to get your energy levels back after the norovirus, so take things easy for a while.

ecb89

Visit site
I was diagnosed with depression on Tuesday. My doctor said I need to go low carb which I have done since Wednesday morning. I've lost 8lbs so far, 11st4 to 10.10. My lovely pikeur breeches are getting baggy

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I was diagnosed with depression on Tuesday. My doctor said I need to go low carb which I have done since Wednesday morning. I've lost 8lbs so far, 11st4 to 10.10. My lovely pikeur breeches are getting baggy

Hope you feel better very soon and well done.

I am off to chubby club now, have shaved my legs and removed my wedding ring - every little helps !!

Sheep

Visit site
Almost a month in and 13lbs off. May have done some damage at the weekend (it involved restaurants, cake and lots of wine) but back on the wagon today so won't worry too much (and won't weigh myself for a few days either!!).

TheOldTrout

Visit site
Almost a month in and 13lbs off. May have done some damage at the weekend (it involved restaurants, cake and lots of wine) but back on the wagon today so won't worry too much (and won't weigh myself for a few days either!!).

13lb? WELL DONE!

Slightly Foxed

Visit site

13lbs in a month?? That's brilliant! 13lbs is about what I need to lose, if I thought I could do it in a month it would be brilliant.

Wheels

Visit site
That's brilliant sheep! Envious here lol

Although I'm exceedingly happy - 9 lbs gone in a month, clothes that didn't fit now do, my PT measured me at the start and again on Friday and I've lost inches everywhere -least around my arms at just under an inch, most around my belly at about 4 inches

So now I'm not allowed to weigh myself for another 4 weeks (bet I can't last that long)