Beeston

platypus

Visit site
I wish we could sell a certain couple of people at beeston (not mentioning any names) would certainly solve some problems :p but turner and the beeston sellers/staff must also be getting very annoyed with them

Adopter

Visit site
People pay direct into someone elses private account, are they so taken in, if it was not so tragic for the horses it would be a comedy.

WHW have a rehoming month on at present and some lovely horses and ponies available, the same at Blue Cross, Redwings etc. None of them charging that sort of money. It just seems to get worse all the time.

platypus

Visit site
This where she is based, see link

http://www.happydogsdaycare-cheshire.co.uk/

Dogs as well as horse?
They are well known for playing on human emotions such as animal welfare
Their landlords may be worth getting in touch with in Chester Fisher german

I wouldnt trust them to look after a plant nevermind an animal although ive never actually seen jackie online just ruth and well shes definitely a sandwich short of a picnic

Fii

Visit site
So if we all think it is a con who are the appropriate people to contact? Trading standards? the police? i have "pushed the button" on the page, has any one else?

platypus

Visit site
I dont know how you would go about it, we have no proof that she is scamming people as were unable to get on the page, although someone on here did say they had screen shots. If anyone is still on the page maybe they could find out what this charity is meant to be called

Fii

Visit site
I dont know how you would go about it, we have no proof that she is scamming people as were unable to get on the page, although someone on here did say they had screen shots. If anyone is still on the page maybe they could find out what this charity is meant to be called

I just went to the page(although you cant see any posts) pressed notifications and then report group.

Fii

Visit site
The thing is IF people are worried that it is a con then even without proof, we/ they have a right to find out, and if reporting them to the relevant authorities is the only way to find out then that is the way to go!
I am surprised no one on that group has found out about this thread though.........or maybe they have , which is why non of us lasts very long !

platypus

Visit site
The thing is IF people are worried that it is a con then even without proof, we/ they have a right to find out, and if reporting them to the relevant authorities is the only way to find out then that is the way to go!
I am surprised no one on that group has found out about this thread though.........or maybe they have , which is why non of us lasts very long !

Maybe they are watching us *waves* but in all seriousness it just doesnt add up the whole thing from buying horses they cant even afford in the 1st place, then planning on doing the same the following week and having NEVER seen a single horse they have 'rescued'.
If it was me and i was trying to fund it etc i would be as friendy as possible, provide people with details etc as it is the public funding it maybe thats just me and obv not the right way to go about it:confused:

anniebags

Visit site

and no....i havent said my opinion on her page ..........yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I outed myself on there last night and have been kicked off this morning. I couldn't take another minute of their begging for money on very shady grounds and members of the public (clearly well meaning but ill informed) being persuaded to part with their money in the name of "rescue". As a result I've been kicked out.

here_i_am

Visit site
Me too zigzag. i commented on a post, asking how many horses they had & if they were all together or with fosteters. Didn't get a reply, but wasn't banned. Im itching to blow my top, but they'll just ban me, so I'll just spy for now...

AmiRobertson

Visit site
I have already emailed a letter of complaint to the daily mail and hillside with screen shots from her page before she banned me. As she made claims early on that she had their support

rowan666

Visit site
Im sure if she hasnt bin able to settle her bill at beeston again she will most certainly be banned, the auctioneer looked very annoyed by her, if it wasnt such a serious issue the whole thing would have been quite commical! I dont undetstand how people are still stupid enough to be donating without seein proof of the animals before and after.

Would trading standards listen? There were police there on wed, I highly doubt they're intrested in this subject, its extremley worrying now that nobody has a clue whats happened to all of these horses... Has anyone reported it to the press?

Clippy

Visit site
Is it the same woman who was on TV with a pony in her living room? What is her name?

I can see another welfare/fraud scandal on the horizon

Adopter

Visit site
I think for what we have learnt in this thread it is the same woman who was in the daily mail.

I wonder if Cheshire Police have a countryside officer? I wonder if the other horse charities know about it.

Great news that you have contacted Daily Mail and Hillside, is it worth sending your screen shots to Cheshire Trading Standards and WHW as well?

Do hope daily mail does a follow up, it needs 'outing'! So the general public know what they are contributing to.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I wonder if it's worth someone close to the market contacting the charities commission ?
I don't know when asking people for money to save horses becomes running an unregistered charity which I think is agaisnt the law .
If the commission think they should be registered then they might get involved which would make the other authorities make likely to do something.
I think also you have to be a fit and proper person to run a charity so there will be background checks and that sort of thing.

rowan666

Visit site
Would it help if a few more of us who have witnessed her at the auction emailed the daily mail/WHW/trading standards etc? Tbh I wouldnt mind betting the auctioneer would have a few comments to make also!

Clippy

Visit site
I've emailed the Daily Mail, maybe they'll be interested in where these "rescues" are and how they are funded. As she's buying them all in Beeston, there will be records of how many she's bought and what they were

babeandbessy

Visit site
Ive had first hand experience with this family resulting in my other half being assaulted, losing his job due to them making false complaints about him and causing him anxiety attacks, all this for us offering our land for there use which they still owe us money for! One of the ponies on our land needed a vet and a couple needed farrier aswell as them all needing worming.. we told them this and it all kicked off we were blocked onour own land for 3 days.

Also once they turned up with the horses at 8.30 at night when we were told they were arriving at 2, they ingormed us they could not come down til monday this was the wednesday.. who was meant to see to these horses? Im pregnant and my other halfed worked long hours at this time but we both haf to take time off work to see to these horses as we couldnt leave them un seen too until monday. We also haf to use our own hay, feed, rugs, buckets etc. Still no payment has been recieved.

I suggest people dont get involved with these people personally as they turn nasty very quickly. Police, trading standards, fraud team, rspca and other authorities are aware of these people but the more people contact them the more they can do to stop them.

They still buy more everyweek having bought 37 from beeston now and nobody apart from them know where these horses are or that they are fit and well and seen vets, farriers etc. Also worrying that mares, foals, mares in foal, colts and a large stallion are all together quite possibly

Clippy

Visit site
Ive had first hand experience with this family resulting in my other half being assaulted, losing his job due to them making false complaints about him and causing him anxiety attacks, all this for us offering our land for there use which they still owe us money for! One of the ponies on our land needed a vet and a couple needed farrier aswell as them all needing worming.. we told them this and it all kicked off we were blocked onour own land for 3 days.

Also once they turned up with the horses at 8.30 at night when we were told they were arriving at 2, they ingormed us they could not come down til monday this was the wednesday.. who was meant to see to these horses? Im pregnant and my other halfed worked long hours at this time but we both haf to take time off work to see to these horses as we couldnt leave them un seen too until monday. We also haf to use our own hay, feed, rugs, buckets etc. Still no payment has been recieved.

I suggest people dont get involved with these people personally as they turn nasty very quickly. Police, trading standards, fraud team, rspca and other authorities are aware of these people but the more people contact them the more they can do to stop them.

They still buy more everyweek having bought 37 from beeston now and nobody apart from them know where these horses are or that they are fit and well and seen vets, farriers etc. Also worrying that mares, foals, mares in foal, colts and a large stallion are all together quite possibly

I think the fact that they were offering one of their in-foal mares to adopt an orphaned foal shows that they're dangerously lacking in knowledge and shouldn't be in charge of a number of horses.

Scary!

I can't see this situation continuing much longer, something tells me the proverbial will be hitting the fan soon...

rowan666

Visit site
Right finally ive been accepted onto thier page, im going to post on thier wall regaurding the mare in foal, can someone keep an eye and do a screen grab of comments made or tell me how I can on a samsung galaxy Y in case they inbox me.

Ill be very civil to them and offer the pony a home for the price they paid which will free up space for them to continue thier work, if they are genuine they will sell the mare to me if they want extra or ignore and remove me then its obvious they are scamming people!

misterjinglejay

Visit site
I can't see this situation continuing much longer, something tells me the proverbial will be hitting the fan soon...

Surely something's got to give. As someone pointed out, they seem to have made themselves a 'charity' overnight! Is anyone on their page suspicious about this? Or are they all following the messiah of rescue horses?

The fact that she appears to be buying up healthy looking horses too, suggests strongly that she has a hidden agenda.

Why are there no photo's? None of her followers seem to be asking for them either??

AmiRobertson

Visit site
I haven't had a reply yet but the more people who email and get screen shots the better. That other page the peaceful protest one was shut down last night over a row between all of them. A dealer in Cheshire who bought a dangerous pony at Beeston offered Ruth and jackie the pony for 200 quid if they got it today otherwise it would be shot :/ they are all mental!

rowan666

Visit site
Ami I have just read that story on their other page! Mad! People are still donating! Im waiting for them to get back to me or block me now.

Babeandbessy ive got your PM but my phone dosnt let me reply! But yes could I have it please :)