Beeston

frozzy

Visit site
I joined the group a couple of weeks ago so I could "lurk" on the activities. If they were serious about their "mission" it would be the scraggy, poor mites they went for.
I have the most awful feeling this woman is another Dawn Rose. (she who spent thousands at Fayre Oaks, but was at that moment in time not feeding those ones she had)
These people are delusional, dangerously delusional, praising each other in one breath and begging for donations the next.
But who or what can stop them?

Adopter

Visit site
These people are delusional, dangerously delusional, praising each other in one breath and begging for donations the next.
But who or what can stop them?

There were posters on here who knew where some ponies were when it first kicked off, and at that time they said the welfare organisations were aware.

However if enough concened people contact them hopefully they will continue to monitor and check up.

I did hear (but not sure if it is correct) that the horse welfare orgs do attend sales to check on welfare etc.

rowan666

Visit site
If someone is on her page could they please find out what happened to the sec b that was in foal she got today, and PM me PLEASE I wish we had bid higher, feel so guilty for letting it go to her, the seemingly very honest dealer who it came from said he only had a month himself so shes already bin passed from pillar to post, if shes for sale I will buy her.

doriangrey

Visit site
If someone is on her page could they please find out what happened to the sec b that was in foal she got today, and PM me PLEASE I wish we had bid higher, feel so guilty for letting it go to her, the seemingly very honest dealer who it came from said he only had a month himself so shes already bin passed from pillar to post, if shes for sale I will buy her.

I wonder if that's what it's all about? Outbid and then sell for much more by profiteering on peoples emotions. I hope you find this little mare, god forbid that she'll be lumped in with other horses in her condition. How can they find good homes for horses when they don't know what a good home is through lack of knowledge? It makes me barf :mad:

rowan666

Visit site
I think it was around 170 we didnt really want one in foal we wete looking for a kids pony so we didnt go higher but we did love her and felt so sorry for her, she looked to be in perfect condition, quite flashy, liver chestnut with blaze and pulled mane, looked to be heavily
pregnant and only 4yrs I think.
Thanks

horsestar

Visit site
I thought the best bit was one of the lads running her up to a good £400 quid on a pony that she wouldn't give in on then she went £410 and he jibbed out leaving her saying to him do you want it?? Have it!!! Stupid women with a brain the size of an ant! And the crew that crawl to her feet are just as stupid! Actually could have had a good old row with her today!

Adopter

Visit site
Who would legally own these horses would all the donaters have shared ownership

An interesting thought. Charities have to be registered, and given how quickly this one has sprung up, I would think that they are not really donations, but 'gifts of money' to the woman. She must be on the verge of money by deception given what seems to be happening, and if she is selling on, then it would be of interest to police, welfare orgs etc.

Charities have to give formal acknowledgements of donations, keep account to be audited etc. Perhaps the charity commission should be infomed.

noodle_

Visit site
ive joined as im baffled about the sheer stupidity of this woman..............

i want to see the posts for myself i guess....as im just like wtf?!!?

poor horses :(

platypus

Visit site
An interesting thought. Charities have to be registered, and given how quickly this one has sprung up, I would think that they are not really donations, but 'gifts of money' to the woman. She must be on the verge of money by deception given what seems to be happening, and if she is selling on, then it would be of interest to police, welfare orgs etc.

Charities have to give formal acknowledgements of donations, keep account to be audited etc. Perhaps the charity commission should be infomed.

They have stated they are not a charity and have no desire to become one and by stated i mean hurled abuse and blocked people to prevent any more questions being asked.
If the welfare of these horses was to be questioned as i expect it will be at some point as they arent being cared for correctly if it came to prosecuting the person responsible who would this infact be? would ruth pass the blame as she didnt actually pay for these horses her self? Thats if she doesnt get arrested before hand for abusing members of the public at sales

Shettie

Visit site
One horse she tried to add extra onto at the sale after purchasing it, they were worried about her taking a shire back to her place so wanted to buy her. She tried to add £100 onto what she got her for.
Clearly that in itself shows she doesn't care about the homes just wants cash.

Hope you have luck getting the mare :)

margaretb

Visit site
I apologise if it has been suggested before, but would contacting the newspaper that ran the original article on her be worth contacting to ask if they would do a follow up?

AmiRobertson

Visit site
They posted an update about what happened yesterday and it completely conflicts what has been said on here so I have questioned it and will probably be deleted! :) it's almost cult like over there!!!!

poorchickens

Visit site
Oo I liked your reply on FB Ami! The girl who wrote the post you commented on is barmy. I wonder if she was even at the sales?! I'll let you know what they say about you once they've blocked you ;-)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You may be interested in this Facebook page. It was set up re the Red Lion but there are people on there that have sussed them.
You should see the abuse
The most interesting one is by a Sue Bloodworth, there are over a 1000 comments.
It would be funny if the subject wasn't so serious

http://www.facebook.com/events/413559158723724/

Yes, it's certainly a page full of very forceful opinions. Can't see that the person you name above is any more forthright in their opinions than anyone else (in fact there are far more forthright personalities on there). The trouble is with these facebook groups is that anyone with half an ounce of intelligence is immediately labelled as a bully or an abuser - simply because they can string a sentence together and make some sort of valid point.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I apologise if it has been suggested before, but would contacting the newspaper that ran the original article on her be worth contacting to ask if they would do a follow up?

Yes I think it might.
But it needs to someone with a story to tell about it.
The media could firstly expose her and hopefully help bring her idiot supporters to their senses .
And secondly make life very unpleasant for the auctioneers .
I don't get face book at all but would love a look at these pages .
I met a couple of these strange on a mission horse rescuers when I was volunteering in welfare and they are very curious people rescuing things to die slowly rather than quickly seemed to sum it up .they scared me a bit as they where unable to see the condition of the animals in their care while they stared in a' movie in their head where they were this amazing rescuer .
But then it seems perhaps this ones a dealer .

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Cheers aniscool! Haha it's probably a matter of hours! I have been on there a few weeks and have taken a few screen shots of her Barmy posts and other things. I also spoke to a journalist friend who said the daily mail would probably be very interested in a follow up story if it can be backed up so actual witnesses from the sale and my screen shots etc

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just had a quick look at the FB page using the link from here .
So have I got this right it started as a protest against red lion and then moved to to bulk buying "rescues " from the market which is a regular low end market that meat dealers as well as others go to .
I am interested that they say they are registering as a charity for what I wonder saving horses or just the anti slaughter thing.
Well of course they can campaign on the red lion thing no harm in that , but all these horses they are buying where are they ? whose caring for them it sounds like a complete disaster brewing.
The auctioneers have mishandled this IMO as soon as they realised what was going on they should have refused to deal with her it their right as a buisness to do so.

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Rowan the lady with mare in foal you were interested in has offered me her contact details to pass on to you. She has said they paid 160 for them.