Beeston

horseydebbie

Visit site
Is your comment about the state of the coloured foal? If so I was the person who complained to the auctioneer about the state of it. I am not or never have been a friend of Jackie Jones or her cronies. All I, and others were concerned about was its poor state. The auctioneer does not like negative comments and his way of retaliating was to slag me off, easily done when he makes everone think I am with JJ and co

lowjumper

Visit site
Yes, it's certainly a page full of very forceful opinions. Can't see that the person you name above is any more forthright in their opinions than anyone else (in fact there are far more forthright personalities on there). The trouble is with these facebook groups is that anyone with half an ounce of intelligence is immediately labelled as a bully or an abuser - simply because they can string a sentence together and make some sort of valid point.

I didn't mean she was forthright, I was just guiding to that post with over 1000 commentd and the abuse on there
Ask a striaght question and you either get no answer or a mouthful.

platypus

Visit site
Seems someone has a brain cell after all well half of one at least and proposed to start a charity and campaign for cctv in slaughter houses and mares in foal to have some sort of rule.....then ruth removes it:rolleyes:

AmiRobertson

Visit site
She removed me too after I suggested that if it was really something they wanted to do then to seek advice from already established horse charities or perhaps encourage support towards them rather than starting a new one. One of the elms girls was actually level headed and agreed however a lot of the main people seem fanatical and want to scare monger. I took loads of screen shots and have emailed the daily mail and hillside as a complaint to say that I am shocked that these people seem to have your backing, referring back to the article and the references to hillside on that page! That woman terrifies me and should not have a worm for a pet let alone responsibility of horses!

honetpot

Visit site
The stupid thing is that there are hundreds of ponies in Wales that need food and homes without having to go to the sales. Charities are trying to rehome them to knowledgable homes before they die on the commens. There are also bigger registered ponies for rehoming for the price of transport. All they are doing are lining the auctioners pockets and perhaps some of the dealers who run the price up.
I f you would like to donate or rehome a pony please look at the http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ties_step_in_to_aid_South_Wales__wild_horses/
Facebook Welsh Pony rescue and rehoming project

rowan666

Visit site
Thanks very much to everyone thats PM'd me, my phone wont let me reply? Am I missing an app or something? I have sent that woman a friend request on fb, and hopefully find the mare in foal, though if she browses through my pics shel quickly decline me im sure, my darling son had a few choice words for her on passing on wed!

Has anyone yet found out what exactly she is planning to do with these horses? Does she have suitable land yet? She bought colts and mares which is concerning, Is she rehoming/selling or just collecting?

horseydebbie

Visit site
I cannot understand what she is playing at. At Wednesdays Beeston sale she did not appear to be buying her normal 'rescue' type. She bid on some good quality horses who were in good condition and were not in need of being rescued. I think she has changed tack and is now starting to deal. She constantly bid against private buyers. (I do not even think the meat man was there, as Red Lion closed on Monday) Does anyone know how many she bought?

rowan666

Visit site
Ill have to wait for her to accept I cant find the option to inbox her unless its just this stupid phone!

She bought some beautifull horses , if shes asking for money to 'rescue' horses then surely she can be done for obtaining money by deception?

horseydebbie

Visit site
If she goes next wednesday as well I expect she will be buying yet more! I won't be able to go next week so can someone post on here what she gets up to. I cannot understand what she is doing. Turners will not be there for a while, so she is just pushing the price up for private owners, but something about this does not ring true. Does anyone know what has happened to all the ones she has bought in the past. The one thing that I have noticed is that you NEVER see her looking around the pens prior to the sale. Surely if you are rescuing you would be looking at all the horses to see which ones were in the poorest condition. Some of the ones I saw her bid on this week were not rescue cases, but good quality horses, in good condition.

Last edited:

frozzy

Visit site
If anyone new posts on the page the first question asked of them by Ruth T J is "can you donate or do you have land?"
I can see where this will end up unfortunately and I agree she would seem to be dealing.

platypus

Visit site
Thanks very much to everyone thats PM'd me, my phone wont let me reply? Am I missing an app or something? I have sent that woman a friend request on fb, and hopefully find the mare in foal, though if she browses through my pics shel quickly decline me im sure, my darling son had a few choice words for her on passing on wed!

Has anyone yet found out what exactly she is planning to do with these horses? Does she have suitable land yet? She bought colts and mares which is concerning, Is she rehoming/selling or just collecting?

I cant reply off my phone either its really annoying :(
Have you heard anything?I'm hoping you get the mare but i guess it wont be that simple with them as they seem to lack any intelligence and will probably accuse you of taking it to slaughter or something stupid along them lines.
Im avoiding that page like the plague as it drives me mad but i hear they now have a charity(created over night:rolleyes:) and a 'sanctuary'

Ladyinred

Visit site
If you look closely at the invoice that was posted you will see that it is a 'dummy' invoice and says as much on the right hand side just above where the amounts are printed. Not sure of the relevance of this at all. Seems odd to me.

platypus

Visit site
If you look closely at the invoice that was posted you will see that it is a 'dummy' invoice and says as much on the right hand side just above where the amounts are printed. Not sure of the relevance of this at all. Seems odd to me.

Ive just looked and yes it is, this may sound stupid but could you explain what a dummy invoice is?:eek:

Fii

Visit site
If anyone new posts on the page the first question asked of them by Ruth T J is "can you donate or do you have land?"
I can see where this will end up unfortunately and I agree she would seem to be dealing.

and when she finds out you dont or cant help financially or with land she wont answer any more questions! :( :( Getting frustrated now!!!

platypus

Visit site
Haha oh dear
fii are you fiona if so i just liked your comment and now ive been removed. How dare we ask a simple question

horsestar

Visit site
I've been at beeston today and she couldn't pay her bill again on weds! the auctioneer was going mad! He doesn't know who buys for her! Turners were there on Wednesday and had About 12.

platypus

Visit site
I've been at beeston today and she couldn't pay her bill again on weds! the auctioneer was going mad! He doesn't know who buys for her! Turners were there on Wednesday and had About 12.

Thought turners got shut down on Monday? Why does he want 12 horses and i think they should ban her from buying.

On the subject of the group-if you genuinely rescued these horses wanted the best for them and relied on the public's donations surely you would have an open group with pictures, details of 'rescued' horses etc not abuse everyone, ban them and have not a single picture or even a name of these horses :rolleyes:........certainly something not right

missieh

Visit site
I have read through this whole thread and saw the original DM story. Clearly she is a narcissist and not an animal lover. I wonder if Hillside could somehow help? They seem to fo a lot of undercover, investigative work. Any thoughts?

horsestar

Visit site
Only got shut down for a refurb so it can reopen under the new regulations. They will use another slaughterhouse until they reopen
Like sub contract I suppose as they still have customers to supply?! Thing is where does this women think the ones she doesn't pay for end up ? Because they need to recoup any monies owed from her debt! Especially when somebody genuine could of bought it! Sad times! He did very publicly decline her bid for reasons that have been repeated but she gets her 'supporters'to bid and there is so many of them u really wouldn't know who was who!

Adopter

Visit site
On the subject of the group-if you genuinely rescued these horses wanted the best for them and relied on the public's donations surely you would have an open group with pictures, details of 'rescued' horses etc not abuse everyone, ban them and have not a single picture or even a name of these horses :rolleyes:........certainly something not right

All the Horse Charites have web sites and facebook pages, with pictures of animals for re-homing etc. as you say why are they so 'closed' and protective, not at all normal. As the weeks go by this group of people do seem to be at best misguided, at worst - not honest about what is really happening.

I agree with what everyone is saying, where are the horse they have bought, what are they doing with them, I just feel so concerned about their welfare.

platypus

Visit site
All the Horse Charites have web sites and facebook pages, with pictures of animals for re-homing etc. as you say why are they so 'closed' and protective, not at all normal. As the weeks go by this group of people do seem to be at best misguided, at worst - not honest about what is really happening.

I agree with what everyone is saying, where are the horse they have bought, what are they doing with them, I just feel so concerned about their welfare.[A

Anyone know how you actually set a charity up, surely you have to have some sort of proof of what you are actually doing and have some sort of financial back up :rolleyes: they seem to have done it over night

noodle_

Visit site
so what i DONTget ..........

she buys the horses at auction...........dosent pay for them until she requests her followers to foot the bill????

i thought you had to pay on the day??

ive joined the group and reading i t thinking wtf?!?!

they are nice horses - they dont need resucing

but then again im for-slaughter (humanely) anyhow!!......

and no....i havent said my opinion on her page ..........yet.

Adopter

Visit site
Anyone know how you actually set a charity up, surely you have to have some sort of proof of what you are actually doing and have some sort of financial back up :rolleyes: they seem to have done it over night

A charity has to be registered with the charity commisioners, it takes months to do, they have to conform to certain criteria, have open and audited accounts etc. So they can not set up a charity overnight, and it seems to me the way they are taking donations that could go to a properly run horse charity is shameful.

I presume they could be reported to Charity Commisioners, and that trading standards should be looking into their operation, especially as they would appear to be dealing.

Fii

Visit site
I asked a couple of questions, normal questions as in how many horses there were to date i am now banned i i think my posts deleted, i have pmed the "lady" concerned and told her that without questions answered i was in no way giving her any money, if she had nothing to hide she would be happy to answer my questions, as she didnt i told her i thought she was conning people and would be getting in touch with the appropriate authorities!

Adopter

Visit site
I asked a couple of questions, normal questions as in how many horses there were to date i am now banned i i think my posts deleted, i have pmed the "lady" concerned and told her that without questions answered i was in no way giving her any money, if she had nothing to hide she would be happy to answer my questions, as she didnt i told her i thought she was conning people and would be getting in touch with the appropriate authorities!

Well done, they do need investigating and I guess trading standards would be a start. In the first week or so there were horse charities keeping a watch, but wonder if they still are.

Ladyinred

Visit site
They are being very cunning. Jackie, who alledgedly runs the 'charity' doesn't ask for money. Ruth. who claims to have nothing to do with the running of it, is the one to do the begging. And, more worrying, she asks for money to be paid into her own bank account or to be transferred by phone to the auctioneers on the day of an auction.

The horses they have are , alledgedly, up for loan at a cost of £400 per horse per year!! Got to be the most expensive horse charity loan ever! Usually its a one off payment and you keep the horse for as long as you care for it properly. Imagine, you loan a little shetland and have him 20 years as a companion and he will have cost you £8k! Bet the breeders wish they could get that sort of money lol.