Beeston

gabriel68

Visit site
Offers of help have been ignored. That to me tells me she is upto no good. She bids on the horses apparently and doesnt have the money to pay then goes on this Stop the horseslaughter facebook site and asks people to donate money to her account so she can pay for them!!

Make of that what you will. Seems to me that she is getting money by deseption in telling people that she is going to be a registered charity but cant come up with the details of the reg. No.

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
So many red flags with this operation.

Imagine a group of us from the forum wanted to buy "rescue" ponies at Beeston, or wherever (and obviously we'd make sure we had facilities to properly care for them, and bring them on for re-homing etc).
Exactly WHICH animals would we bid on? The ones that are attractive, in reasonable condition, with other normal people bidding for them? Or would we bid on the derelict, underweight, under-priced downtrodden ponies that no-one else is bidding for or who have caught the attention of the meat man?

The facts speak for themselves, I fear. I am hopeful that members here will use any evidence and get all appropriate authorities involved.

Wish I was there so I could be of some help - got plenty of paddocks and stables, but on the wrong darn continent!

rowan666

Visit site
They have said they will take me up on the offer of land but they only need it for this one particular pony that isnt part of the chatity but is dangerous and cant be kept with other horses.... I could help but tbh I dont want these people to know where I keep my horses and the pony in question sounds like it needs to be pts plus they will not give me reasurrance of what happened to all the 'chatity' horses

Clippy

Visit site
They have said they will take me up on the offer of land but they only need it for this one particular pony that isnt part of the chatity but is dangerous and cant be kept with other horses.... I could help but tbh I dont want these people to know where I keep my horses and the pony in question sounds like it needs to be pts plus they will not give me reasurrance of what happened to all the 'chatity' horses

After the way they've treated you I think you're better well out of it. The pony they're trying to "save" sounds like an accident waiting to happen. What if it kicks someones child?

zigzag

Visit site
The fact that they say this pony is dangerous and won't take it on themselves, plus he has been through 5 homes recently says the pony has a serious problem

Adopter

Visit site
I just do not get how some ponies are part of the charity, others are not, given we know there is no registered charity anyway.

Every bit of information seems to make the whole situation more disturbing. Rowan, I really think it would not be wise to let them know where you live, and if they will not let you buy the pony you want, and collect it from a place away from where you live, then as we know all ready, there is something very wrong with all of this.

Is the pony that can not be kept with others, the one that was being talked about as dangerous and had to be bought before dealer pts?

rowan666

Visit site
Adopter- yes im assuming that us the pony they are on abou, think im just going to remove myself from the page they are all just too strange! And weird how tyhey didnt take up gabriels offer of 30 acres, which surely would have been invaluble to them!

Adopter

Visit site
Rowan, Sad to walk away from helping a pony you really liked, but there are lots of welsh ponies on the welsh pony rescue site that seem nice and you just have to pay their costs, and they do seem a genuine charity and concerned for the welfare of the ponies on the welsh commons.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Their definately not fronting the meat man. What they are doing is attempting to raise funds under false pretences. There is no charity (someone with ccj's can't form or be part of the constitution of a charity).

Interestingly the other thing that they're doing is buying horses under the guise of this 'charity', and then deciding which person gets to keep them and claim ownership.

So, for instance, the little mare rowan was interested in was part of the 'saved' lot. However is now owned by someone else......

lula

Visit site
Interestingly the other thing that they're doing is buying horses under the guise of this 'charity', and then deciding which person gets to keep them and claim ownership.

So, for instance, the little mare rowan was interested in was part of the 'saved' lot. However is now owned by someone else......

After watching this 'campaign' unfold and develop, this really does look to be the case.

you cant have for instance, a daughter begging for public funds on fb on behalf of a charity to finance the purchase of ponies at an auction to 'save' from any dodgy looking character who might or might not be buying them to take to slaughter, then have the mother, who is inner circle on this same charity that her daughter is raising funds on behalf of- purchasing ponies at the same auction apparently privately from her own funds (so is claimed) and not have cries of 'conflict of interest' and concerns raised about the potential for abuse of donated funds when there exists such an incestuous internal relationship.

personally, i am suspicious that this chestnut infoal mare is indeed part of the rescue group but for one reason or another, they have made a decision not to rehome to Rowan and are using the story that she was privately purchased as an excuse.

platypus

Visit site
They cant run or afford this 'charity' as it is-although im not sure they even have any ponies but are planning on taking more and more in, now paying for livery!!
If they do rehome these ponies and say in a couple of years somebody falls pregnant/ill has to give horse up it would go back to said 'charity'. Now with the mentality of these people no names need mentioning over the past weeks i cant see how in 2 or 5 years there still going to be there to support these poor horses they will have moved on with there head in the clouds somewhere else probably rescuing hoovers that are kept in badly lit cupboards :mad:

lula

Visit site
Has anyone googled the lady in question? I'm not a psychologist but wonder if all this madness is some kind of displacement activity :confused:

xx

Bang on.

and you're not the first one to notice that. Pretty surprised those close to this lady haven't intervened and got her some bereavement counselling. she is obviously obsessed with this endeavor with the practicalities and financing of 'saving' and keeping so many horses and ponies (she has a thing about saving in foal mares and foals particularly, no shrink needed for that-) is regarded and she is quite honest about this, as not a priority.

Its not going to end well.

jodie3

Visit site
Not certain if this has already been mentioned but I have a friend who is trying to set up a legitimate charity and has been told the Charity Commission takes a long time to approve things - she has been quoted at least two months so no way this group could have become a registered charity so quickly.

Also, my understanding is that if you are a registered charity you have to show your charity number to everyone, not just a select, hand-picked few!

Horselover39

Visit site
And this one:)

It's a bizarre situation. Looking in from the outside (from very far away) I don't know much of the local detail. so in a sense I'm either objective or detached from reality ;) But I don't see any logical explanation for their conduct other than possible fronting for a meatman. Or "care in the community" gone very, very wrong :confused:

gabriel68

Visit site
I knew they wouldnt take my offer up becuase there is something dodgy about it all, I wouldnttbe suprised if there were any horses/ponies in their care at all, if this was all legitimate they would have jumped at the chance at being offered 30 acres free of charge but instead they chose to delete and ban me fronm their website.

It wont be long before they are found out for the fraudster they really are, pity really that some people beleive what they are doing and are donating money to them.

A good con though isnt it. Buy horses/ponies at Beeston, dont pay for them, get members of the public to *donate* to pay for them, then get the public to pay a *fee* for taking them on loan. All in all they havent had to pay a penny yet are getting money thrown at them left right and centre.

I am sure the police would like to know about their little *fraud*!!

EstherYoung

Visit site
Not certain if this has already been mentioned but I have a friend who is trying to set up a legitimate charity and has been told the Charity Commission takes a long time to approve things - she has been quoted at least two months so no way this group could have become a registered charity so quickly.

Also, my understanding is that if you are a registered charity you have to show your charity number to everyone, not just a select, hand-picked few!

Yup. I remember it took EMW, who are absolutely above board and genuine, quite a while to get charity status and they had a lot of hoops to jump through.

rowan666

Visit site
they probobly are, I had an inbox on fb asking me to contact ruth, ruth herself couldnt inbox me as shes blocked me! Whack jobs the lot of them if they cant see we are all horse lovers and most of us could and would genuinley help if they were just honest and provided the proof we asked for! Surely all that counts is the welfare of these horses, maybe im just wrong or very naive but ive removed myself from that page now its just too heartbreaking to be second guessing what these poor animals are going through right now :(

gabriel68

Visit site
because they are deleting people who have commented there and here!!

They must be then. rather foolish of me to put my generous offer to them on here wasnt I!

Ah well, never mind..

Thats another thing to get them with, ie Generous offers being made to their *charity* and it wasnt taken up!!

Shettie

Visit site
charity number is 8476744 home for horses

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Name & Registered Office:
HOME FOR HORSES LTD
ROSEHILL HOUSE PYGONS HILL LANE
LYDIATE
LIVERPOOL
ENGLAND
L31 4JF
Company No. 08476744

Date of Incorporation: 08/04/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: PRI/LTD BY GUAR/NSC (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital)
Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 30/04
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 08/01/2015
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 06/05/2014
Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )
Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.
Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

Last edited:

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
That doesn't look like a registration with charitable status, does it? It looks like a private business enterprise registration. I'm sure a charity would have charitable status reflected?

Last edited:

Shettie

Visit site
No idea about the correct address, is the one that goes with the charity number they gave on a group. Have PM'd you so you can go and tear your hair out too :D

Yes it's apparently a charity by garantee or something. Theres a different facebook group set up and being discussed there, can message people the link if they want. It's fast moving and too confusing for me I'm afraid :eek: