Beeston

Adopter

Visit site
About time people were put straight on these so called horse lovers.

It is a con, an atempt to make money. they have no idea of how to look after horses and were buying in order to make money off gullible people.

They owe money all over and were trying to make from it. Why do you think their facebook page is closed to all but a select few?

They are also trying to run dog kennels along with horses and 1 acre. It's a joke. Please don't be fooled by them and certainly do not give money.
http://www.happydogsdaycare-cheshire.co.uk/contact-us

Not heard the bit about the dog kennels before, have they still got a lot of horses on the small 1acre, or have they rehomed any?

lowjumper

Visit site
Don't know about the horses depends if she has sold them for a profit.

Why do you think she has banned certain people form facebook?
Is it because she has been found out and people know about her past?

Patterdale

Visit site
Well apparently they are back at beeston today, bidding against private homes and telling people they are rescuing from the meat man. :(
They must have around 30 ponies now and 1 acre, and zero knowledge. Disaster.

Ladyinred

Visit site
Well apparently they are back at beeston today, bidding against private homes and telling people they are rescuing from the meat man. :(
They must have around 30 ponies now and 1 acre, and zero knowledge. Disaster.

Just read they have bought 7 today... and no funds to pay for them, yet again.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Barmy, absolutely bonkers. Are any of the charities doing anything?

Don't suppose Wright Manley can do anything to stop them, nor would they want to I'd imagine.

Ladyinred

Visit site
If they are unable to pay or default on their bill then possibly Wright Manley would not allow them to bid in future?

Trouble is Dab there are some very big hearted people there who are running round in circles to bale her out. Can't mention names so please dont ask, but a certain HHOer is homing one :)

lowjumper

Visit site
You could try googling their names and seeing the comments

Need to ask what happened to the money raised at the Red Lion that was supposed to go to a horse charity

Sandwich and picnic come to mind

horsestar

Visit site
They definitely were there today and bought more horses. We actually managed to get my friend one today which has the nicest home on a farm. We did bid on a couple but this one was meant to be! We did notice them with the video camara.

TheFox

Visit site
Slightly off on a tangent, does anyone know what happened to the very very poor 1 year old filly that caused quiet a stir that went through? She really pulled at my heart strings, poor filly. I sincerely hope she found either a good home or someone who would put her out of her misery.

On another note the Wright Manley auctioneer did have a bit of a dig at these irresponsible women and was rightfully applauded.

platypus

Visit site
They are also planning a protest
taken from the fb page;
Right I'm planning a protest outside redlion within the next week or so. Names please and let's start this moving. To static help please and let's start addressing issues.:eek::confused:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yes definately - and hopefully a way to get their message across and improve things for all animals going for slaughter.

Well, they don't really have a message as such. But anything that stops them buying equines, is just fine by me.

horsestar

Visit site
Sad bit is if they left one there cos they couldn't pay then it's probable that turners ended up with it so beeston could recover the debt!!! So really they are best staying away and what will be will be! I actually can not stand to even look at them!

horsestar

Visit site
Just read that it's safe now! But if they keep doing that then they are wasting a lot of time a d cheating people out of genuine purchases yet again!!!!!

lowjumper

Visit site
They are also planning a protest
taken from the fb page;
Right I'm planning a protest outside redlion within the next week or so. Names please and let's start this moving. To static help please and let's start addressing issues.:eek::confused:

They are planning a protest so that they can collect money again for a 'horse charity'

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
Well.... I couldnt hold it much longer....

Posted a very amicable comment for discussion:

Would it not be more feasible to support and campaign for cctv and stricter regulations in all slaughterhouses, perhaps especially Red Lion, as you can join forces with the likes of WHW & BHS. No animal deserves to end their life in pain or suffering, however slaughterhouses are a means to an end, especially in this current climate. If regulation and supervision could be allowed, it would perhaps be some comfort and justice to know that these animals are PTS in the most humane way. Thought's?

.... and have been booted!!!

platypus

Visit site
I was just about to like that comment, they started saying should we start slaughtering cats and dogs too...bangs head against wall:confused:

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
Do rescue centres and the like not have their animals (ie cats and dogs) pts because they cannot care long term for such animals if they are not rehomed?! Same thing! *head.. desk..*

Adopter

Visit site
I don't think reason interests them sadly, just hope their antics end without causing harm.

A number of people seem to have posted that they have been removed, so wonder how much genuine interest they really have in animal welfare.

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
Ruth was seemingly enjoying a row with a certain person before I "left". 126 post and yet she loathes "the arguments"... yep. Alright. Whatever.
Thats why she added this certain person for the second time then was is?

Whole thing is a money making scam, taking nieve and do gooding peoples hard earned pennies to do what? These animals she rescues are going to end up right where they were in the first place because this so called "charity" doesnt even have measures in place for basic welfare! Sudden posts on their facebook wall for urgent cash and horseboxes needed when they are at Beeston or get kicked out of their current stabling. She wont even get a proper paypal account or charity status but dodged the questions all too many times when asked why or when she will do it.

Utter. Sham.

Feel sorry for the people caught up with her who are truly well meaning, as well as the horses who have an even uncertain future with a woman who cannot give them a secure financial future.

Sorry. It has made me madder than I thought!

platypus

Visit site
I know what you mean the Fb page it self is just a handfull of people on her side and everybody else they fall out with-you cant ask them a question simple or not they just fail to see the point and scream CLOSE RED LION!!
I personally dont know what they do/where they keep these rescued horses but from what ive seen there seems to be no structure what so ever and only 'good' things posted are so and so after a brush. They have been asked on several occasions by different people if they intend to become a registered charity or change there focus to cctv in slaughter houses but again they just hurl abuse.

Adopter

Visit site
So wrong that people can call themselves a charity without registering and going though all the checks.

I have put up a new thread with a link to WHW petition re CCTV in Slaughter houses, I do hope some more people will sign it so they get the number of signatures they need.