Beeston

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
Has it gone (the fb page)? or have they done what they said and removed all the people they don't know? What's the point in having a group to 'save' ponies if people can't join? I was just being nosey lol!!! It was crazy on the last night and this morning, don't know how I stopped myself from commenting! One if them said that they'd had a call from those helping clywd Davies giving their support. It really was a bit mad and I couldn't understand half if it. I've not long got home and its not showing. Maybe I'm a turner as I've not given any money! Lol

Girlie1998

Visit site
No thanks. I do not have Facebook, far too busy for that nonsense. I am sorry I am against animal cruelty if thats your thing. I have watched footage of what goes on in red lion and CCTV is a must for these poor animals.

Adopter

Visit site
I do agree that it would be more helpful if the people buying up horses at Beeston could actually work to improve standards in places like Red Lion for all animals, CCTV being one tool that could help improve the situation, it would achieve more than extending the life of animals who are sick.

I cannot help being worried about what is happening to the poor animals that have been purchased by well meaning people who do not seem to have any idea how to look after animals, and that they have fly grazing outside, in this weather, do hope they are giving them extra food, water etc.

Does anyone have an update on the horses and ponies?

justabob

Visit site
No thanks. I do not have Facebook, far too busy for that nonsense. I am sorry I am against animal cruelty if thats your thing. I have watched footage of what goes on in red lion and CCTV is a must for these poor animals.

You have missed my point, as if cruelty is my thing. You are too silly to have any more communication with and I hope your stint on this forum is short lived.

Girlie1998

Visit site
You have missed my point, as if cruelty is my thing. You are too silly to have any more communication with and I hope your stint on this forum is short lived.

And suggesting I join a group on FB isn't silly? I no my stint shall not be short lived thank you very much.

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
Yes.. They added me to the group and have just read in one of their comments "what does bhs stand for?".....

Honestly........

I am finding it VERY hard to keep my mouth shut. (Wont last long though... lol :D )

katherinef

Visit site
When I read about the woman keeping a horse in her living room etc and wanting to rescue all the ponies..I knew, just knew this would follow
What a shame these horses have been denied good knowledgeable homes and a bright future by these idiots
Please good WHW get involved as if they are not already stretched to the limit.

katherinef

Visit site
maybe its time to start thinking of horses as livestock which I know not everyone likes to do as horses also sometimes cross over into the "pet category" however if this improved the welfare situation for the horse would this be a way forward? for example if you needed proper permits to keep a horse this might deter the idiots

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
There are photos showing the horses/ponies in stables which she says a 'lovely family' are letting them have, then comments about how awful the previous landowners were (who were only helping and abused by them!)

It is all becoming very cult like... :(

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
There are photos showing the horses/ponies in stables which she says a 'lovely family' are letting them have, then comments about how awful the previous landowners were (who were only helping and abused by them!)

It is all becoming very cult like... :(

There seems to be one girl who was getting money to rescue a horse, people donated, she's now been banned for being a 'doubter'- but she was one of them until a few hours ago!

JellyBeanSkittle

Visit site
Yes she did! Read that earlier, Kate something wasn't it?! They said they were dubious of her in the first place!!! :/ the woman at the forefront, Ruth, looks and sounds like an absolute fruit cake...

Queenbee

Visit site
Ive been on the group in question since the lady who runs it started. (sister to the lady in the news recently in wales with the pic story with ponies in her living room)

It is absolute madness on a stick. The driving factor of this woman seems to be ego and a tragic event in her past which has left her with unresolved emotional issues and an obsession with rescuing mares and foals (especially) from the 'meat man' and Turners in particular.

The asking for donations that has gone on in the past few weeks within the group has been so strong if you dont donate money into her personal bank account (there is no charity set up as one of the sisters has CCJ's against her name)- you are told you will be responsible for a horse's death in as much as they will have less money without your donation to buy more.

People have been refused entry in to the group and thrown out, if you're not offering cash they're not interested.

Im in their very bad books as i refuse to donate to this farce myself and have had very ticked off private messages when i simply replied i didnt have the money to donate this week.

anyone who gains entry to this group can i just warn you, you will be deleted if you so much as ask an awkward question.

so you are aware, awkward questions include:

1. are you a registered charity and if so what is your name?

2. are these horses you buy up from Beeston being vet checked?

3. Why are you bidding against private buyers in the ring, bumping the price up 400% then, when you are approached by one outside the ring to buy, do you try to sell it for a £100 profit?

4. will any horses you rehome from your 'charity' have proper rehoming contracts put in place?

5. if you are collecting tenners just to buy them how are you going to afford to feed the latest 8 you bought at Beeston market this week?

anyone asking anything in this vein you will be accused of being all flavours of spies for the 'other side' and even members of Turner's family (the Red Lion slaughter house owner) and immediately deleted.

Just so you know!

Christ, just opened this thread for the first time! Honestly, another classic case of indiscriminate breeding of and I'm not talking horses:eek::mad:

lowjumper

Visit site
About time people were put straight on these so called horse lovers.

It is a con, an atempt to make money. they have no idea of how to look after horses and were buying in order to make money off gullible people.

They owe money all over and were trying to make from it. Why do you think their facebook page is closed to all but a select few?

They are also trying to run dog kennels along with horses and 1 acre. It's a joke. Please don't be fooled by them and certainly do not give money.
http://www.happydogsdaycare-cheshire.co.uk/contact-us