Beeston

Amaranta

Visit site
They have no experience with horses at all :(

They apparently have the 'help' of someone who claims to be an eventer (probably local hunter trails).

One of the horses purchased today is a chesnut tb with a large hot swelling on her hock so will need a vet pretty damn soon.

*head desk*

ETA: Just last night one of them was asking if their rescued infoal mare would make a good foster mother for an orphan foal - the mind boggles at the sheer ignorance and stupity.

platypus

Visit site
Taken from the page

I may of found land by me but need go and find the owner to see if its free but I don't drive

Are they serious:eek:

Shettie

Visit site
Sadly they would turn down homes from alot of us, I for one when it first and about asked if they had more then a acre and about stallions ad mares bin in together, I was accused of working for turners, that the same if people don't donate or ask we're the money is from get banned and accused of being the meatman etc.

Sadly most of these people are experiences but even then of you are going to beg, and I mean beg and guilt trip people into giving money they have a right to know ad see were it is going.

They continuously bid against genuine private buyers too :(

When they start started they didn't know about colic and a mare went down with it.

They indeed veg for donations to buy them buy outright so they are not "murdered" but never ask for donations towards food, bedding vets etc.

GlamourPuss86

Visit site
Just a thought... has anyone gone to the press re the conditions the horses are being kept in, lack of knowledge etc? Daily fail backed her to start with i believe although threy're v quick to change their minds as it suits them.

platypus

Visit site
Just a thought... has anyone gone to the press re the conditions the horses are being kept in, lack of knowledge etc? Daily fail backed her to start with i believe although threy're v quick to change their minds as it suits them.[/Q

Good idea, but does anyone actually know where they are keeping them:( Seems they are just passing them round, putting them on bits of grass they find
and the most ironic thing about it is i bet they have all eaten their own weight in tescos own 'beef' burgers

Ibblebibble

Visit site
I will ask you to leave now Lauren go

Above is the reply I got :rolleyes:

I've also been blocked. Some peope live in a dream world, it is utter madness.

lol that is so typical, at least you weren't accused of being a bad mind or worse a TURNER!! the poor woman is a few tiles short of a full roof ;) if the prospects for the poor horses they are buying wasn't so worrying it would be the funniest thing on FB, some of the things she has come out with are worthy of the Darwin award and she's top knobber of the year winner for sure, the only thing that stops it being funny is the poor horses are being bought by people with absolutely no horse knowledge at all:(

BlairandAzria

Visit site
They must be pretty local, amymay said earlier on that the police and welfare authorities where aware of the situation.

Wright Manley aren't going to stop them bidding of they're paying, they're just putting the price up!

I really do not know what else can be done, except maybe a member of the Facebook group could suggest they go to the press to get "donations" and then give them enough rope to hang themselves as it were....

rowan666

Visit site
I was there today, she bought all the 'best' horses not the ones going cheap that looked scruffy and in need. She did buy a beautifull sec B mare in foal and out bidded us on it and a couple of others to, she clearly had ALOT of money, she certainly spent way more than 800!

Turner wasnt there

The auctioneer refused to take her bid on the first she bid for (sec c colt) they argued in front if the whole auction room! Aparently she left without paying for one/some last time! He eventually let her bid again after some lame excuse about having to leave as her kids were on the side of the road!?

platypus

Visit site
I was there today, she bought all the 'best' horses not the ones going cheap that looked scruffy and in need. She did buy a beautifull sec B mare in foal and out bidded us on it and a couple of others to, she clearly had ALOT of money, she certainly spent way more than 800!

Turner wasnt there

The auctioneer refused to take her bid on the first she bid for (sec c colt) they argued in front if the whole auction room! Aparently she left without paying for one/some last time! He eventually let her bid again after some lame excuse about having to leave as her kids were on the side of the road!?

She had no money before she even got there, shes been begging all day and stated on her page that turner was there- Im not sure if shes derranged or playing a very clever but cruel game

Amaranta

Visit site
lol that is so typical, at least you weren't accused of being a bad mind or worse a TURNER!! the poor woman is a few tiles short of a full roof ;) if the prospects for the poor horses they are buying wasn't so worrying it would be the funniest thing on FB, some of the things she has come out with are worthy of the Darwin award and she's top knobber of the year winner for sure, the only thing that stops it being funny is the poor horses are being bought by people with absolutely no horse knowledge at all:(

Lol St Roof of The Church of the Twisted Mind :)

rowan666

Visit site
Well she certainly got the winning bid on countless horses, to be honest she and her two cronies bought most of the decent horses , she left about half way through but her two side kicks remained

Well maybe she has magic turner vision that bi passed everyone else!

MAD WOMAN! Judging on the horses she bought and the prices she bid for them I honestly very much doubt shes buying them to 'save' them, she outbid genuine homes, she must be making money on these selling them on?

GlamourPuss86

Visit site
I did wonder that after the post about the best horses. she's not daft is she! Beg for donations to 'rescue', buy decent horses, sell them in and claim it was rehomed no doubt and continue to beg for donations!

Shettie

Visit site
There's adverts for celebrity kc reg chiahuas, apparently alot of celebrities have bought from her. I did suggest asking the ones who had bought from her to be.a patron and also they could help get her message out. I was told she didn't want it everywhere and just wanted to care for the ponies.

Delusional as she's happy to go to the fail with her mug everywhere

platypus

Visit site
Ruth Winston-Jones Oh it's ok Joanne we've got next week again, can you save it for the next visit please? x

aready planning next week and i doubt shes even got the horses she bought today home yet so obviously n plans to assess their needs, get vet/farrier out etc

Goldenstar

Visit site
This sounds like the most awful mess , however the auctioneers need to take the long view it wont go on for ever and if genuine buyers stop going it will damage the sale Long term.

rowan666

Visit site
She honestly bought some very beautifull well conditioned horses, most broken, some hunters and jumpers, our kids were visibly very upset when she continued to outbid us on the sec b in foal. I would bet my life shes a dealer after seeing the types of horses she bought today

platypus

Visit site
I've never seen any go up for Rehoming or even advertised so I do wonder where they are going

Me too shes not the friendliest woman in the world, her group is just a handful that dont have the braincells to question her and even though they are donating whatever im sure se ant be caring for them on donations alone well not properly anyway

rowan666

Visit site
Does she not post before and after shots on her fb page? If I was donating money ide expect to see pics of the poor pityfull ponies she rescued in thier happy, loving and safe new home!