Boggle- USA bound!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I’ve never had Bog chunky before, doll would you say he’s worryingly overweight? I could muzzle him but just hate to as I know he will absolutely hate it..I am just worried as he’s on the steroids.

Video of his morning antics. Gosh if he’s like this at end of summer I have no idea what I’ll do, I can’t imagine PTS in his current state. Hauling him out of Colorado for 16 hours to avoid winter doesn’t feel like a good option either.

View attachment 141142

He looks in fine shape.What have you got on his legs?

Michen

Visit site
Oh I am so sad. Dusty is going back. He’s even lamer today and in hinds as well and they want to do a few weeks of no turnout which won’t work for him here with the others very well. Plus they want to see if he sleeps better in a busier horse non mountain (no elk and Whatnot) environment.

It sucks, and not ideal given they are a happy herd but honestly I do feel a little bit of relief. It was stressing me out to watch him and be unable to help. Maybe he will get sorted and come back one day who knows.

Gutted I couldn’t help him more. But he’s had a wonderful 3.5 months of love and I feel I’ve helped a little bit to a horse who deserved it- and he’s helped me 💕

IMG_1024.jpeg

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
He looks great - he was always one who looked very lean when he was in full work now he looks more the native type he actually is!

So long as he's happy then stopping fretting about PTS. I collect paddock ornaments and you absolutely do know when you're getting to that stage.

He is. I just spoke to my friend vet though as she was reviewing Dusty. I really do think end of summer or autumn is best, we are both worried about it turning catastrophic with him and his neck if we go on too long. But for now all good and happy.

Michen

Visit site
Thank you guys. I’m sad it’s not a fairytale ending with Dusty but I really didn’t realise the relief I’d feel until the decision was made. Of course I care deeply and that means I see things and can’t just ignore.

I don’t regularly give to any charities so I feel like at least I’ve helped a little.

I just hope Bog isn’t awful to Helo, otherwise I guess I’ll be rescuing something from a kill pen haha (joking, joking!)

Equi

Visit site
Thank you guys. I’m sad it’s not a fairytale ending with Dusty but I really didn’t realise the relief I’d feel until the decision was made. Of course I care deeply and that means I see things and can’t just ignore.

I don’t regularly give to any charities so I feel like at least I’ve helped a little.

I just hope Bog isn’t awful to Helo, otherwise I guess I’ll be rescuing something from a kill pen haha (joking, joking!)
Weelllll, I did just read a thing about how snowman was rescued from a meat wagon before being a superstar sj horse 😂

Michen

Visit site
Weelllll, I did just read a thing about how snowman was rescued from a meat wagon before being a superstar sj horse 😂

Ha!! Ya know, when Boggle goes.. I’m going to have some time free from horses. And save up to import something from the UK. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I can’t ever imagine not having a horse in my life long term. I’m thinking a Connemara X may be cool, or a good Irish sports horse of some sort. Not a hot head, that phase of my life is I think over! Maybe even something young that I buy and send to a good yard in UK to be bought on before bringing it over.

And I’ll need you all to go view stuff for me 🤣🤣🤣 I figure the whole of the country must be covered by you all on this thread!!!!

Equi

Visit site
Ha!! Ya know, when Boggle goes.. I’m going to have some time free from horses. And save up to import something from the UK. Because as much as I hate to admit it, I can’t ever imagine not having a horse in my life long term. I’m thinking a Connemara X may be cool, or a good Irish sports horse of some sort. Not a hot head, that phase of my life is I think over! Maybe even something young that I buy and send to a good yard in UK to be bought on before bringing it over.

And I’ll need you all to go view stuff for me 🤣🤣🤣 I figure the whole of the country must be covered by you all on this thread!!!!
I frequently see horses I think “ooo michen would like that one” and I nearly send the link so I can live vicariously 😛

Michen

Visit site
Boggles brother is currently for sale (Bog is Macs Jack). Luckily he’s too small for me! If he was 15hh I’d be begging some family members for a loan, or the bank lol.

I actually saw him at badminton grassroots several years ago, he looks an absolute cracker.

IMG_1020.png

Caol Ila

Visit site
20k? Yowza.

Bummer about Dusty. But it sounds like it's the best thing for him. Frees up a stable for a third horse, even if it's a loan or another rescue.

Ahrena

Visit site
I’m sorry about Dusty. I think him going back may be best though, as tough as it is to let go - you’ve been through so much with Bog, you don’t need another horse that you’re having to constantly scrutinise their wellness and all the worry that brings.

I reckon you’d rather like my baby barrel!!! She’s Connie cross and registered Irish sports horse 😉 spunky and has a bit of spark but not particularly hot. She’s starting (touch wood!) to come along quite nicely now. And she’s yellow and would look incredible in a western saddle.

Ceriann

Visit site
So sorry about Dusty but one horse to be watching is enough and he’s going back to see whether a routine you can’t give him works, so it’s good for him too. Bog looks great - he’s clearly loving life and that’s all you can ask for whatever you need to do later down the line.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Bog looks well - have a good feel of his crest everyday and if it goes hard, you already know to take him off grass for a bit.

A real shame about Dusty but at least this may answer the question of if he will sleep better in a busier place. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery!

Michen

Visit site
This damn horse. The owners of the house and barn have been here for a few days and the 9 year old little girl is horse obsessed. I've been teaching her how to groom Helo etc, who stands like a rock. Didn't dare let her loose on Bog as he just plays around, shifts his arse around to look at different things etc.

She asked so I figured I'd try with close supervision for me to stop any Boggle wiggling. Well not with her, he stood completely still, was so, so gentle with her in every way. How is it that they know the difference? The owners are so in love with him that they've told me not to pay any rent for the space next month because it's so nice just having them around.

I figure that's Boggle's contribution to his vet bills!

IMG_1110.jpeg

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
This damn horse. The owners of the house and barn have been here for a few days and the 9 year old little girl is horse obsessed. I've been teaching her how to groom Helo etc, who stands like a rock. Didn't dare let her loose on Bog as he just plays around, shifts his arse around to look at different things etc.

She asked so I figured I'd try with close supervision for me to stop any Boggle wiggling. Well not with her, he stood completely still, was so, so gentle with her in every way. How is it that they know the difference? The owners are so in love with him that they've told me not to pay any rent for the space next month because it's so nice just having them around.

View attachment 141493
I don’t know how they know but they know!

Pinkvboots

Visit site

View attachment 141493
How sweet ❤

I remember when we first got Arabi he was a 2 year old colt and could be nervous of people but my 6 year old nephew used to groom him and he loved it, he would run along his fence line and Arabi would run alongside him on the other side they proper played together.