Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
It was really sweet, she was exactly like me (and I bet most of us) at that age totally desperate for any horse interaction she could get. I don’t think I ever really grew out of that phase to be honest 🤣

Yes her parents may be less than thrilled about it in a few years time haha. But horses are so good for kids! They kept me (mostly) out of trouble, I never liked a boy when I was younger anywhere near as much as I loved Michen 🤣

Michen

Visit site
Boggle has just spent his free rent. He must have jumped over this very electric fence then decided he couldn’t get back, maybe it zapped him on the way over, and spent all night digging a trench pacing up and down because he was stuck.

Just when I’d tapered off the ulcer meds… no doubt he’s got them back now. FGS Boggle!!!!!

IMG_1118.jpeg

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Boggle says hey! Wondered if any of you were near Strensham, Worcester to potentially view a horse- paid- (for a friend here not me!). Or can recommend an instructor etc. And secondly a damn good vet?View attachment 141727

What type or horse and discipline @Michen ?

If dressage, then I know someone who may be available and who is very experienced in sourcing horses and prepping, importing and exporting them. She used to ride Mim for me and is lovely, and she most recently sent one to Australia so she knows all about long distance travel as well as around Europe.

Michen

Visit site
What type or horse and discipline @Michen ?

If dressage, then I know someone who may be available and who is very experienced in sourcing horses and prepping, importing and exporting them. She used to ride Mim for me and is lovely, and she most recently sent one to Australia so she knows all about long distance travel as well as around Europe.

Jumping/eventing! A young ISH a friend likes who is looking. It’s insane that it’s cheaper to buy in the UK and import than buy here.

Michen

Visit site
I love the way Bog keeps you guessing what he will get up to next.. bless him he looks great

He’s doing so well! Him and Helo are really great together, they muck around a lot, he’s trotting with his legs straight rather than dishing, and generally extremely bright and full of Bogness.

Of course the steroids are a sticky plaster, I need to decide whether to continue with them much longer. Vet seems best to keep him on them until I PTS but the way he is at the moment is absolutely not a horse that’s ready to go.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
He’s doing so well! Him and Helo are really great together, they muck around a lot, he’s trotting with his legs straight rather than dishing, and generally extremely bright and full of Bogness.

Of course the steroids are a sticky plaster, I need to decide whether to continue with them much longer. Vet seems best to keep him on them until I PTS but the way he is at the moment is absolutely not a horse that’s ready to go.
From his antics he is not ready to go yet… just enjoy him for as long as you can.

Michen

Visit site
I think he’s been on them for about 2, 2.5 months now. I’m not sure about long term steroid use, like how long people would use them for. Months? Years?

Hannahgb

Visit site
My dad is on steroids post lung transplant, hes been on a high dose since September last year and no signs of reducing, let alone stopping them for a very long time still.

BMA2

Visit site
I've known a labrador be on steroids and I'm sure that was for years...they had to hide anything food related and if you sat still he'd have probably eaten you.

And I know a horse that has been put on a dose for IBD and I assume that is for life?

nutjob

Visit site
I had a horse with multiple allergies who was on a high dose of steroids for quite a while. I was advised to be careful to wean him off them slowly as he'd been on them for a while.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Jumping/eventing! A young ISH a friend likes who is looking. It’s insane that it’s cheaper to buy in the UK and import than buy here.
Is it through Worcestershire Horse Agent as we bought a fantastic ISH from her?Would thoroughly recommend her and she exported one to US recently

Michen

Visit site
Obviously it’s a much better photo without the editing but it’s so heartwarming to see how Bog is with these kids. They feed him plenty of treats and he’s totally gentle with them, not like he is with grown ups where he’d raid your pockets and push you around.

He is the best friend of the horse mad 8 year old girl at the moment, plays with the 11 year old boy like a dog would, gently nuzzles the little girl and takes hay out of her tiny hands.

He is a total cheeky thug in every way outside of these three children.

I’ve never really seen him around kids, I had no idea this other side of Boggle really existed. 8 years on and he continues to surprise me.

It absolutely breaks my heart that even if I ever did have any, I wouldn’t get to see a 20 year old Boggle teaching my own.

IMG_3015.jpeg