Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
Hey! thanks for checking in. Yes I am in the UK and heading to Aberdeenshire today for a wedding. I am very worried about the fires and keeping a close eye on things and not sure being so far from Heathrow is a good idea or that I shouldn’t be heading back 😕 My main issue is that my horsey friends all have their animals in the same area so would be evacuating there’s before worrying about mine!

At the moment the fires aren’t near evergreen but things can change quick. My friend is going to hitch up my truck and trailer (I should have done it before I left).

Last year it just wasn’t an issue, so this is all new territory for me!

Bog fine though and I’m spying on him lots, he chooses to switch to helos stall and pull all the hay from the bag onto the floor then eat out of the net 🤦‍♀️ great for his neck!

IMG_1562.png

sarah.oxford

Visit site
Omg lol, it’s like a storybook. A mostly sad one.

I hope you read it with wine!!!!!

I got through a bottle of gin while reading. What a roller-coaster and what a fab little horse he is.
If you wrote a book about him I would definitely be buying it.
I feel like I've missed out on your competing years.

Michen

Visit site
I got through a bottle of gin while reading. What a roller-coaster and what a fab little horse he is.
If you wrote a book about him I would definitely be buying it.
I feel like I've missed out on your competing years.

It’s been an amazing, amazing time with him and I don’t regret a single second of it. Having him in my life been incredible. To sum up the competing for you, the dressage was usually dire until our last year eventing in the UK where my neighbour took pity on me and trained us and we finally started getting sub 30. Showjumping was hit and miss because I am useless,but mostly reliable enough for a clear and some good 90 placings. Cross country we usually got penalties for going too fast and once missed out on winning an 80 championship for being a whole minute under the optimum time, which was hilarious because when I pulled up I was worried about him as I thought he felt a little flat/steadier than usual 🤣. But he was so fit and well he was just galloping and jumping out of his stride around a very hilly Cotswold course and made it feel like we were hacking.

I don’t think I’ll ever sit on a pocket rocket quiet like him XC, gosh I miss it so much, I wish I could go back and do it all again.

Old school

Visit site
Have you ever thought of simply returning Boggle home?? I lived in the US. Really did not settle. First time I had a relaxed breath out of my body was when I came back to Europe and put my suitcase on my parents kitchen floor. Perhaps Boggle would like to come home. Just a thought.

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Have you ever thought of simply returning Boggle home?? I lived in the US. Really did not settle. First time I had a relaxed breath out of my body was when I came back to Europe and put my suitcase on my parents kitchen floor. Perhaps Boggle would like to come home. Just a thought.
Do you seriously think travelling an ataxic horse across continents is a good idea? And a horse who’s clearly settled in the US belonging to someone who likes living in the US.

JenJ

Visit site
I don't think there's been any indication that Boggle isn't settled in the US, let alone that being unsettled is the cause of any of the medical issues he has.

With respect, you not settling in the US and so returning to your parents home is not remotely the same scenario.

I imagine Michen has thought of almost every possible action over recent months; your suggestion really doesn't seem necessary, sensible nor appropriate.

mini-eventer

Visit site
probably thought about it... thought about all of the reasons why not too....

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Rarely do i comment on hho these days but M I've followed you for years.
I think you need to deal with putting bog first in your own mind. Forget his health forget all the complications and locations. He's not going to get better we all know that he is gping to have hihjs and lows. But he's a horse he doesn't know.

But you do and you've had a fairly traumatic few years so I think you need to deal with how you are going to be.
Bog being alive you need for you. You need to deal with that and be ready to race life without him.
I don't think it has anything to do with money time logistics or even snow. You've beaten it all already.
But there does need to be some finalising and end and I feel that's you.

Let him go with a shine in his coat some attitude within and you both still laughing. But be ready for the hole and preempt how you may fill it to make you still laugh.

misst

Visit site
Rarely do i comment on hho these days but M I've followed you for years.
I think you need to deal with putting bog first in your own mind. Forget his health forget all the complications and locations. He's not going to get better we all know that he is gping to have hihjs and lows. But he's a horse he doesn't know.

But you do and you've had a fairly traumatic few years so I think you need to deal with how you are going to be.
Bog being alive you need for you. You need to deal with that and be ready to race life without him.
I don't think it has anything to do with money time logistics or even snow. You've beaten it all already.
But there does need to be some finalising and end and I feel that's you.

Let him go with a shine in his coat some attitude within and you both still laughing. But be ready for the hole and preempt how you may fill it to make you still laugh.
I think this is the most sensible advice yet. I wish you peace with whatever you decide xx

meleeka

Visit site
NOT that I am looking at horses, not at all, but I found something that I really unfortunately like and might get it vetted and hope it fails.

Wondered if any of you guys were in West Wittering or very near? :D
Oh my! I'm not that far away, but not close enough to know of any vets etc. There is someone on here from that way, although I can't remember who! 🙄. Might be worth a separate post on the regional section.

@AShetlandBitMeOnce was it you? Or @pistolpete?

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Oh my! I'm not that far away, but not close enough to know of any vets etc. There is someone on here from that way, although I can't remember who! 🙄. Might be worth a separate post on the regional section.

@AShetlandBitMeOnce was it you? Or @pistolpete?

I have a vet in the form of an ex boyfriend who does happen to be a very good vet! To be honest I trust him to give me a full appraisal of the horse in every way so probably he’d do the job of viewing as well in case my gut feel is very wrong.

Thank you!

We shall see, he does look like a cracker. Think.. grey version of Boggle. Never wanted a grey though.

Marigold4

Visit site
NOT that I am looking at horses, not at all, but I found something that I really unfortunately like and might get it vetted and hope it fails.

I am near. I can recommend Bruce Middleton at Blackdown Equine for vetting. He is very experienced in vetting sports horses. I should think expensive though. I would trust his opinion.

teapot

Visit site

Is that why there was a wittering beach pic on your insta?

Vets wise - Sussex, Liphook, Blackdown all cover the area at a push, or you could even ask eventymcvet... 😂

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Is that why there was a wittering beach pic on your insta?

Vets wise - Sussex, Liphook, Blackdown all cover the area at a push, or you could even ask eventymcvet... 😂
Oh no that was a few weeks ago when I was in the UK. Unfortunately didn’t know about this horses existence when I was right there!

Michen

Visit site
What’s everyone’s thoughts on greys? Melanomas etc. does worry me and Google says most of them do end up with them…

This would not be a cheap horse. 27k (dollars) by the time I’ve imported.