Boggle- USA bound!

Zoeypxo

Visit site
Also it's making me reminise haha. Was re reading the facebook chat with the seller of Boggle from nearly 8 years ago. I SO nearly didn't buy him, in fact I said no at first then went back and he said I was second in line now as someone else was interested. Came back to me a couple of days later. It's absolutely crazy to think I ever could have missed out on having Bog in my life, he's been such a big part of it.

Can you believe that I looked at THIS weird looking thing and actually wanted to buy him? There was really no way of telling what an utterly beautiful little horse he was under all that but I suppose a gut feel is everything!

View attachment 145071View attachment 145072
Wow he looks so different there. I didnt even see a picture of mine , there was just one sentence and a phone number in the back of a news paper!
Good luck today

teapot

Visit site
Given it's blowing F7/F8 in Chichester Harbour, you vet and handler may well be doing a bit of kite flying this afternoon 😂 Crossing everything!

Michen

Visit site
Given it's blowing F7/F8 in Chichester Harbour, you vet and handler may well be doing a bit of kite flying this afternoon 😂 Crossing everything!

Omg no is it!?! Damn! That's going to make for a very unpleasant situation for them all. Hope the horse is relaxed enough to properly assess.

Marigold4

Visit site
Also it's making me reminise haha. Was re reading the facebook chat with the seller of Boggle from nearly 8 years ago. I SO nearly didn't buy him, in fact I said no at first then went back and he said I was second in line now as someone else was interested. Came back to me a couple of days later. It's absolutely crazy to think I ever could have missed out on having Bog in my life, he's been such a big part of it.

Can you believe that I looked at THIS weird looking thing and actually wanted to buy him? There was really no way of telling what an utterly beautiful little horse he was under all that but I suppose a gut feel is everything!

View attachment 145071View attachment 145072
You can see his personality shining through though. What a lovely eye!

cauda equina

Visit site
I am sorry for your disappointment but as you say, this is why you do vettings
There is a horse out there for you, and without this one's problems

Michen

Visit site
It is, I am bummed, but my vet knows me and knows what I like. He also said whilst he's a sweet little horse, he's narrow (which I was worried about) and quite "wee", and thinks I may find him a little small and quite risky if he doesn't fill out much more.

So there's just too many what ifs. If my vet had rung me with this and said but he's an absolute cracker and definitely going to grow and Boggle no 2 blah blah blah, maybe I would have proceeded to the ridden stage. And if I was keeping him in the UK and it was just his purchase price, maybe I'd have continued too.

I know it's impossible to find a perfect horse but it's just too many *things* and the last thing I need is to be buying something that I'm already worried about a leg on, and more.

Michen

Visit site
It was meant to be but very disappointing and how sensible of you to walk away. I’m curious as to what his name was as you said we’d never believe it

Not one I'm going to share as it's on his advert, unusual and another vetting he may fly through for someone else who is less picky/investing less :)

SO1

Visit site
Sorry to hear that but I think the advantage of having a vet that knows you and understands your situation helps make the decision easier.

My vet said there is always a risk with youngsters as you don't know if they will stand up to the workload so you do have to be cautious.

In your situation you are also having to totally rely on the vets opinion as buying unseen.

It's a no :( very small things but build up too much of a picture. He called me before they even got to the ridden part to see if I wanted to proceed. He has a splint which he threw as a young horse, which I'm fine with and knew about, and like teapot said they are flying a kite right now making an assessment hard but my vet picked up he lands outside first on that foot with the splint and seems not 100% every stride on the hard circle on the leg in question. Sensitivity over sacriollac on one side and back (again, tiny), and some again very minor effusion in the right hind fetlock and left front fetlock. Could just be a baby compensatory thing, could not be.

He said if I was to proceed he'd definitely want x rays of the knee to check if the splint had effected things as apparently common that they can affect the knee if they aren't turly settled.

All very small things, not a "fail" at this stage and maybe I'm being picky but when you add them up, to me it's too much to warrant then investing double the horses price in shipping him here when there's already a question mark. This is exactly why I sent such a trusted vet who knows me so well and will give me a thorough assessment of the horse.

He said if I was vetting him to keep in the UK, he'd think it was worth proceeding to see, but not when you are more than doubling the price with an import.

Hey ho, I'm very disappointed as I liked him a LOT, but this is why you do vettings.

asmp

Visit site
Shame it didn’t work out. Sorry if I’ve missed something but what happened to the Morgan you were interested in?

Michen

Visit site
Shame it didn’t work out. Sorry if I’ve missed something but what happened to the Morgan you were interested in?
Well CanteringCarrot spurred me to message them. They've been travelling everywhere for shows and never sent the videos I asked for. She replied instantly and said she'd get on it, but I may just take a little trip to calgary anyway. My friends are there so I could quite easily go view and see him for myself though I'd like more videos first to send to my vet to check for any obvious lameness.

palo1

Visit site
Well CanteringCarrot spurred me to message them. They've been travelling everywhere for shows and never sent the videos I asked for. She replied instantly and said she'd get on it, but I may just take a little trip to calgary anyway. My friends are there so I could quite easily go view and see him for myself though I'd like more videos first to send to my vet to check for any obvious lameness.
I really loved the look of the Morgan🤩🤩. And he is bay!! Shame about the grey pony but I think totally right to walk away. As you say, he may be perfect for lots of folk but not for you with the particular questions you had at the vetting. Blooming good thing you had that done! He will find his person and the right horse will get to you.

Michen

Visit site
I really loved the look of the Morgan🤩🤩. And he is bay!! Shame about the grey pony but I think totally right to walk away. As you say, he may be perfect for lots of folk but not for you with the particular questions you had at the vetting. Blooming good thing you had that done! He will find his person and the right horse will get to you.

I’m just so relieved I sent my vet. I don’t think many would have been that thorough, and beared in mind the whole picture knowing the import cost. Of course he knows me so well and what I like and I think even the niggles aside he wouldn’t have said “this is 100% the horse for you”.

I’ll let you all know if I hop on a flight to Canada!

j1ffy

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the vetting (and hopefully it stopped before the x-rays? I didn't see the now deleted post) but that's why we do it. No doubt you have some mixed emotions, I know I did when the same happened to me a couple of weeks ago - disappointment mixed with relief!

Michen

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the vetting (and hopefully it stopped before the x-rays? I didn't see the now deleted post) but that's why we do it. No doubt you have some mixed emotions, I know I did when the same happened to me a couple of weeks ago - disappointment mixed with relief!
It stopped even before the ridden bit. So still a lot of money as sent my vet from afar, but the ridden was another 250 quid and I was too uneasy by that point.

In terms of deleted post, just niggles, could be something could not be. But my vet has never been wrong about any suspicions when treating my horses over the years! Would have needed further investigation and an x ray of an area I hadn't planned to x ray to give more comfort, but even then I think I'd have had a doubt in my mind. Again, different maybe if I was keeping him in the UK, but I don't need any doubts getting on a plane to the USA!

And you are totally right re emotions. I do feel a little relieved- weirdly? Not because I don't want a horse, but actually I was worried about the size of him for me and my vet did say he thinks he'd feel a fair bit smaller than Bog.

2ndtimearound

Visit site
I'm really sorry this one didn't work out, but definitely better to find the issues before you bought him. (However, I was secretly rooting for the Morgan, so I hope that one works out instead!)

Michen

Visit site
I'm really sorry this one didn't work out, but definitely better to find the issues before you bought him. (However, I was secretly rooting for the Morgan, so I hope that one works out instead!)
Haha well I am talking to them, waiting for videos and have a tentative date of two weeks to go view if I like the videos (I can't go before then so if he's gone he's gone, but they don't seem in a rush as have been all over the USA at shows)

Michen

Visit site
But hey, if nothing else, as I think maybe palo said I can't recall- I'm still in the game! I feel up for another horse despite my work drama yesterday, and I'll head on my planned holiday to botswana in november now which I was going to cancel if I was dumping all that cash on a horse just because to spend that much in a couple of months makes me shiver, as the morgan would be less of an investment so I'll feel it's justified ;)