Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
I still don't get the market. Horsequest 318062 is really lovely but too big for me (and not my type, but lovely), but way further ahead than the one I was vetted and same price range. Makes it really hard to figure out what the pricing in the market is!

YourValentine

Visit site
I still don't get the market. Horsequest 318062 is really lovely but too big for me (and not my type, but lovely), but way further ahead than the one I was vetted and same price range. Makes it really hard to figure out what the pricing in the market is!
318062 is lovely! Exactly my height and type, just double my budget 😅

But the market is a bit weird. I can't work out is some people are over pricing and hoping or the cheaper ones have a major, undisclosed, issue. And I'm mainly window shopping as I can't afford anything I like

Michen

Visit site
318062 is lovely! Exactly my height and type, just double my budget 😅

But the market is a bit weird. I can't work out is some people are over pricing and hoping or the cheaper ones have a major, undisclosed, issue. And I'm mainly window shopping as I can't afford anything I like

It’s weird. Honestly I was very surprised this little horse wasn’t snapped up. He is a really nice chap and I thought a completely reasonable price from what I'd been seeing. It's odd!

palo1

Visit site
But hey, if nothing else, as I think maybe palo said I can't recall- I'm still in the game! I feel up for another horse despite my work drama yesterday, and I'll head on my planned holiday to botswana in november now which I was going to cancel if I was dumping all that cash on a horse just because to spend that much in a couple of months makes me shiver, as the morgan would be less of an investment so I'll feel it's justified ;)
Yes, that feeling you get when you see a horse, the excitement at the thought of forging a new relationship with another being, is always immensely heartening after disappointment or heartbreak and it tells me that I am 'still in the game' of horsemanship! 😁The thing is, for lots of us, we really want to be with horses but they are hard on our hearts and minds. I totally get people taking a break or walking away completely but for me, feeling like I can still have that excitement, the direct connection with another, particular horse, makes me feel alive - I am taken back to my 8 year old self where nothing seemed impossible. I might be a bit wiser and more realistic now, but the gut feeling is the same!! I hope I never lose it...

Nicnac

Visit site
That's cheap for that horse. Wonder if it's because at 16.3 there's less of a market?

Sorry your pony wasn't right for you but everything happens for a reason. Hope you enjoy Calgary :p

nutjob

Visit site
Horsequest 318062 is really lovely but too big for me
That's cheap for that horse. Wonder if it's because at 16.3 there's less of a market?
That horse has been on the market for a long time. It's a competitive price and it's strange that it hasn't been snapped up if it's sound and rideable. I wouldn't say the size is the problem. I bought one that height - it took me 6 months to get one suitable for an amateur to ride and which could pass the vet, I had a bigger budget and mine's just backed.

PS. I love the morgan!

Equi

Visit site
He rides with his tail practically on his back..looks a bit odd. I’d say anyone at the level they are marketing him to will spot that a mile away and say nope.

Michen

Visit site
I think he looks like a lovely horse and if I wanted something big and was in the UK I'd definitely go try him regardless of tail. I was just using an example of the weirdness of the horse market ATM is all.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site

Sorry your pony wasn't right for you but everything happens for a reason. Hope you enjoy Calgary :p
Yes that is cheap for something so established. I would expect it to be several thousands. Tail carriage is a little off putting

Trouper

Visit site
Phew - just caught up on all this. Sorry it did not work out but I am a great believer in Fate so I think you are very sensible to walk away.

There is another little soul out there waiting for you to find each other ...........................

I'm Dun

Visit site
It’s weird. Honestly I was very surprised this little horse wasn’t snapped up. He is a really nice chap and I thought a completely reasonable price from what I'd been seeing. It's odd!

the market here has cooled right down, I think lots of people are struggling financially, the winter from hell has put off even more, and its a weird time of year, with summer never having gotten started and winter fast approaching. Lots of teenagers off to uni sales will be appearing about now, so worth keeping an eye out over here still.

Michen

Visit site
Interesting thanks! I don't feel sad this morning about it. Very much "well it wasn't meant to be".

I'm hoping the morgan videos do come through, I have more photos but need the videos before I hop on a plane to Calgary. My friends there are in the UK until 3rd Sept and I'd want to go when they are back as they are horsey and can come with me.

Other than that I'm going to try NOT to look, really I just saw the grey drop into my facebook feed and liked him so much I couldn't resist. In the mean time I'm taking Beau to a dressage comp, to see if I still have the competing "fire" in me... I suspect not haha. There's a lot of pressure riding someone elses horse, his owner is extremely competitive and knows he's good!

Michen

Visit site
Well the Morgan trot up video got through my vet... I'm still waiting for a ridden one lol. But I've just booked some flights to go see him on the 6th September.

Look at his little face he is rather sweet! I suppose a grey would have been too much of a curveball given every horse I've ever owned has been bay, lol. Or maybe Basil would have been classed as brown, don't know how colourings work!

IMG_1837.jpeg

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Sorry Michen, I didn't see the tag that someone put in this thread for some reason or I'd have been more than happy to pop along and have a prelim look!
I see that it didn't go through in the end, but any others in this neck of the woods just shout.

I really like this 15hh young Connie that the guy I got Dex from is selling, he's also very reasonably priced! Feet need doing but they've only just pulled them out the field

1724437242755.png

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Sorry Michen, I didn't see the tag that someone put in this thread for some reason or I'd have been more than happy to pop along and have a prelim look!
I see that it didn't go through in the end, but any others in this neck of the woods just shout.

I really like this 15hh young Connie that the guy I got Dex from is selling, he's also very reasonably priced! Feet need doing but they've only just pulled them out the field

View attachment 145146
Ooo he is pretty. I'm a bit concerned at how different his back feet are though. I'd prefer them to be similarly bad rather than 1 looking worse than the other. It could just be the photo angle though.

FlyingCircus

Visit site

View attachment 145146
👀