Boggle- USA bound!

Equi

Visit site
My little man was gelded at 4, in with the herd including mares not long after. He never once got frisky and has never since the day the coconuts came off behaved stalliony and prior he was very kick happy and boss of the gelding friend. He does however still have presence when asked.

gallopingby

Visit site
I like him. His neck looks short because of the angle the photos taken at. His face looks kind of cute, pity the photo doesn’t show him stood up more correctly. If he’s not too many ££££s / $$$$s could be worth gambling on and then you could just get on with him rather than spending time wondering what/who/why xx

gallopingby

Visit site
haha! Well how long do stallions take to forget they were stallions? He was gelded at 3 in April. Not covered a mare.
If he’s not been used a# a stallion hopefully he won’t have anything to forget!!! Worth asking the seller what his behaviour was like before he was cut. Some are amazingly laid back and others full on from birth.

Michen

Visit site
This guy is fun looking. Cantering carrot found him. Good news waylon, lots of videos on the “good news Morgan’s” fb page. not inspiring from photo but cool under saddle. He’s where I’m going next week for work..

Fraggle2

Visit site
His ad says buckskin. He looks fun and forward under saddle. He’s maybe a bit common looking. Kind of a chunky Connemara type. He’d probably feel like he had more to him than the chestnut though I’m awaiting more videos on him.

But he’d be easy to view so seems silly not to!
I like him.
Plus bog and bear didn't look much when you got them and look how they turned out 🤩

Michen

Visit site
Bog had that beautiful head from the day he arrived though. Although I had no idea it was there as he didn’t photograph like that at all! He looked so odd and bizarre. God, I’ll never forget the morning we eyed eachother up the day after he had arrived. He knew he was beautiful and special despite being disgusting and caked in mud and so thin.

Equi

Visit site
Ahh just a very red buckskin, my mistake. Clipped he would probably be very light! I too got a bit of a Spanishy vibe from him he looks very nice ridden.

Equi

Visit site
Second photo is a bad angle. He’s not perfect but then not every top horse is perfect ☺️ he just looks like such a comfy canter, one you could sit all day. Have they tested him jumping yet? Has he ridden English?

TheMule

Visit site
What do you see? I just thought long feet..

Assuming you mean buckskin

If that photo is an accurate representation, then he's quite a heavy bodied horse who stands over himself, is back at the knee, has long sloping patterns and long feet (which obviously will improve with a good trim, but some damage will probably already have been done) All that added up is putting a huge amount of force down into the fetlock

Marigold4

Visit site
He’s a bit weirdly put together no? I mean maybe a bad angle but he looks looks kinda odd.
I think so. Is he standing under in front in the first photo? Is his back short? Is there enough room for an English saddle - I suppose you don't need more than a 17 ins? There's something about his neck too - not quite sure what - doesn't seem to match the rest of his body.

Michen

Visit site
If that photo is an accurate representation, then he's quite a heavy bodied horse who stands over himself, is back at the knee, has long sloping patterns and long feet (which obviously will improve with a good trim, but some damage will probably already have been done) All that added up is putting a huge amount of force down into the fetlock

Ok! Thanks. Yeah, the standing over himself thing isn’t ideal, but I’ve had horses do that quite a bit when younger and then sort of grow out of it with strength. But the rest, maybe not.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I can't comment on the front legs and pasterns because my own horses are far worse, unfortunately. I've also seen far worse in terms of pastern length and angle, but the buckskins certainly aren't ideal.

That's the thing though, with some of these breeds or types that are bred to be a more comfortable ride, you get that in the conformation as a result a lot of the time. Will it cause an issue? I mean, yeah, it could. I've also seen horses with nearly impeccable conformation have issues, so it's all about the risk you are willing to take.

His confo isn't the best, and I don't know if that's how he nornally stands. Ridden, he looks like Michen's type, so that's why I threw him out there. Stance can be changed with trim, strength, and posture work to some extent. I didn't see the confo pic before.

I do like the chestnut though.

At the end of the day, HHO will always have something negative about any horse. So it's up to what you as a buyer are comfortable with.

palo1

Visit site
It's of no consequence at all but I prefer the chestnut (but I'm not the buyer 🤣) I think the buckskin is almost a bit stuffy (in his vids, the hind action doesn't seem as free as the Chestnut's) and he's surprisingly chunky but photos can be so, so deceiving. I like the depth of body and he has possibly a better length of neck than the chestnut appears to in some pics but his legs look pretty short (who am I to criticize - I have a Welsh cob🙃🤣). Is he taller than the chestnut?

Michen

Visit site
It's of no consequence at all but I prefer the chestnut (but I'm not the buyer 🤣) I think the buckskin is almost a bit stuffy (in his vids, the hind action doesn't seem as free as the Chestnut's) and he's surprisingly chunky but photos can be so, so deceiving. I like the depth of body and he has possibly a better length of neck than the chestnut appears to in some pics but his legs look pretty short (who am I to criticize - I have a Welsh cob🙃🤣). Is he taller than the chestnut?

I prefer the Chesnut too in general, I just feel the buckskin would ride bigger somehow. I think they are supposedly the same height at the moment but maybe the buckskin is a year older I can’t remember!