Boggle- USA bound!

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
If you would like flashy colour, though might be too chunky for you, i know someone who has had a few horses from this seller. Welsh Ds, the 4x4s of equines! Horsequest ref 340045

Michen

Visit site
If you would like flashy colour, though might be too chunky for you, i know someone who has had a few horses from this seller. Welsh Ds, the 4x4s of equines! Horsequest ref 340045

Thank you! I know there are many wonderful welshies out there that some of you on this thread have.

However my experience with them has been nothing but bad (3 of them) and I’m afraid I just… can’t 🤣🤣

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I agree that the mare could be your type, but I'd want to see a bit more. Including a video and a proper conformation photo.

As for buying a horse that looks similar to your current horse/last horse, I am guilty of that. I didn't even go there to look at my horse but look who I ended up buying 🙄 so it happens 🤣
Most of my horses have all looked similar the 2 I have now are matching ponies thet are even related 😆

Pinkvboots

Visit site
These are the only other mare photos I have at the moment. I think she’s 3 or 4 can’t recall. She’s 5 hours away in Colorado. And expensive.. good breeding lines.

This is the dun 3yr stallion too but I think a no go really to have something that’s not yet been gelded a little while or shown to be chilled out with other horses etc.

View attachment 146516View attachment 146518View attachment 146518View attachment 146522View attachment 146523
I like the mare.

palo1

Visit site
Yeh!

He might just be a cool one for me to muck around with whilst I wait for the "one". Whenever that may surface.
I love the look of the mare but a girl could be more stress than you or Bog need! She is stunning but I also really like the chestnut - more than the buckskin or dun. He looks clever and fun. If you decide to vet him, I hope he flies through that.

Michen

Visit site
I love the look of the mare but a girl could be more stress than you or Bog need! She is stunning but I also really like the chestnut - more than the buckskin or dun. He looks clever and fun. If you decide to vet him, I hope he flies through that.

Haha exactly! Cross posted. I just don’t need the stress. Nor do I want to risk Helo getting hurt because Bogs getting all dominant and territorial. Which he will.

Also mare is over project budget. I want to leave enough that if I see my perfect horse I can snap it up at any point without thinking about money. Well within reason lol.

palo1

Visit site
To be honest I think I have to forget the mare. It would be a huge pain with boggle and my set up. I don’t think I’m up for making things logistically challenging for myself.

And I’m not a mare person really.
Then you shouldn't go there: I really like her (from the pics) but she has war in her eyes lol ,🤣. Mares are generally either a preference or not and best to go with what your personal preference is. Another gelding is likely to be much simpler, as you've said

Michen

Visit site
Then you shouldn't go there: I really like her (from the pics) but she has war in her eyes lol ,🤣. Mares are generally either a preference or not and best to go with what your personal preference is. Another gelding is likely to be much simpler, as you've said
She does doesn’t she! Ha! I mean I would never discount a great mare but I’d not choose one and certainly it doesn’t work with my current situation.

It’s just frustrating because I don’t know how Bog will be when the snow comes but if I judge by how he is now, which I honestly think is the happiest he’s ever been in his life, I should factor him in.

Trouper

Visit site
I'm getting a bit dizzy with the options here as the old memory tries to remember which one we are talking about up page!!

Is there an argument in waiting until the snows come to see how Bog really is? He looks so strong and well just now it is hard to see how he would deteriorate to the point of pts in a short period of time - or even by winter's end. Factoring him in to your decisions is obviously key to what you are looking for, how much you want to spend and also longer-term plans so I wonder if waiting to see how he actually copes will help make you the right decision for all of you?

Michen

Visit site
I'm getting a bit dizzy with the options here as the old memory tries to remember which one we are talking about up page!!

Is there an argument in waiting until the snows come to see how Bog really is? He looks so strong and well just now it is hard to see how he would deteriorate to the point of pts in a short period of time - or even by winter's end. Factoring him in to your decisions is obviously key to what you are looking for, how much you want to spend and also longer-term plans so I wonder if waiting to see how he actually copes will help make you the right decision for all of you?

Maybe but the only thing it really changes is the mare thing! Budget is still the same (which I’m going no where near unless I find something that I just can’t say no too).

I’d probably still keep hold of my space unless I did end up going to CA, and even then it would be temporary and whatever horse can come with.

Thank you 💕

Nonjumper

Visit site
I'm comin in late to all this, but I'm against the majority as I prefer the buckskin 😅

However one thing I have to say is don't any of these sellers know how to stand a horse up properly for photos?? Sheesh, it makes my teeth itch 🤣.

Michen

Visit site
I decided against the buckskin, not viewing this week.

Tbh I'm probably going to just vet him - the cute chestnut- without viewing (hopefully next tuesday). I can't really be arsed going to Minneapolis to view a project like I couldn't be arsed going to Ireland to view Boggle or Bear. He's cheap enough (seller did me a nice deal too) that it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, his hind legs may not be the best. Yeah he probably will ride too small for me, yeah he's not the flashiest. But, like when I was hunting for Bear a few years ago, I looked at a million morgan videos and he's the cheeky little face I keep coming back too for something cute in my barn to mess around with and see if I've still got the ability to do a youngster! I also really warmed to the seller, she is ex military non nonsense. Very honest about him. Her background is working equitation and she's really taken the time to do things properly, and a lot of in hand lateral work etc. She was direct and straightforward to deal with, I appreciate that.

In the mean time I'll keep an eye out for the "one" and if that crops up soon then cool, I'll figure it out.

Honestly, life is short, I want another horse in my barn, I am spending a fraction of the 30k I intended with the grey/import in the UK- so I am just going to try and buy one lol. And if it's a mistake, whatever. But no point getting hopeful because.. vetting.

Cute little thing.
IMG_2412.jpeg

Last edited:

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Michen,
I hope the chestnut passes the vetting too.

On a wider note, I must say how so many of us have become invested in your story. You’ve had some incredibly stressful times and the fact that you have still continued to post must mean something. I’m sure I’m not the only one who looks out for your posts. I found myself enlarging the photo of the chestnut to see if indeed he has a cute face. He does 😁. Then I thought what am I doing, I don’t even know this person or the country or ever likely to meet.Does any of this matter?
Of course it does. You’ve shared so much with us.
Good luck with your little herd and I’m sure which ever new arrival will enjoy coming on your journey with all of us tagging along too, of course 😁

Peglo

Visit site
Honestly, life is short, I want another horse in my barn, I am spending a fraction of the 30k I intended with the grey/import in the UK- so I am just going to try and buy one lol. And if it's a mistake, whatever. But no point getting hopeful because.. vetting.

Cute little thing.
View attachment 146649

I’d also like to add how happy I am to read this. I can only imagine how shattering Bog’s diagnosis was and It’s no wonder you lost some of your passion for horses while dealing with that.
But to see that spark ignite again is awesome and what a lucky horse to end up in your barn, whoever it is.