Boggle- USA bound!

Surbie

Visit site
Just caught up on the last few days. I'm sorry Jack didn't pass, but it's great that you passed on all the info. I hope he lands softly.

I like the chestnut waaaaay more than the buckskin. He's definitely got something about him.

But then you might find something epic in the links you've been sent...Fingers crossed! And in the meantime there are lots of Bog antics. So pleased to see him looking so good.

Caol Ila

Visit site
If those horses don’t pan out, a friend of mine has two lovely Connie crosses from these people. She liked her first one so much that she bought her sister.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I have to be honest, I think the Buckskin is a bit common looking for you Michen, he's an everyday horse you wouldn't look twice at - you're definitely one to go for a horse with a bit of something about them.

I like the Chestnut, and I like the pony face, but I'm not sure he's the one either.

Perhaps a third option will come from your wanted post.

Michen

Visit site
Yeh me too but there’s now the mare and another unbelievably beautiful dun (3 years) but not gelded into the mix.

A mare would be a pain with bog. He’d be thrilled. But bog may or may not with winter so no idea whether to factor him in. He’d obviously say yes.

Michen

Visit site
There are some very cool videos showing a very cool little horse but have people in so can’t post.

My head says this would be a fun straightforward horse. My heart says go look for something flashier lol.

Seller sticked him for me and sent to me - 15hh and a bit.

IMG_2212.jpegIMG_2205.jpegIMG_2216.jpeg

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
To break up the multiple what shall I buy posts. Here is Beau who won both his dressage tests last weekend at his first dressage comp! One doesn’t count as onky had two in it. He is just the sweetest, kindest, most willing boy. So big and so safe. And at the same time really rather hot and spicy!! I love him dearly but he’s just too big/heavier of a ride jumping wise for me long term.

I’m so lucky to ride him though. He’s really been my savior this last year. If his owners ever do sell I’d absolutely have to have him somehow even if it meant having 3 horses!

IMG_2382.jpeg

palo1

Visit site
There are some very cool videos showing a very cool little horse but have people in so can’t post.

My head says this would be a fun straightforward horse. My heart says go look for something flashier lol.

Seller sticked him for me and sent to me - 15hh and a bit.

View attachment 146477View attachment 146478View attachment 146479
Well done for dressage! Beau is very smart :) Is this the chestnut from upthread? I love the look of the mare too - would that really be unmanageable with Boggle?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm a mare person (that keeps owning geldings) and would possibly like a bit more info on her. However, I'm not sure a mare would be the simplest with your set up. Then again, things could be difficult with a gelding too. Depends on the horse(s). It's hard to beat a good bay/brown mare though.

There is something about the chestnuts hind end that makes me not love it, but he travels well enough. Again though, there are things "wrong" with every one that's been posted, so it just depends on actual soundness, suitability, and preference.

The dun is cool color wise, and has a nice face. Otherwise, he doesn't do much for me and seems a bit small and fine.

Michen

Visit site
Well done for dressage! Beau is very smart :) Is this the chestnut from upthread? I love the look of the mare too - would that really be unmanageable with Boggle?

Like CC said really the wrong gelding would be a pain too. But less of a pain than a mare I think. The issue with Bog is he actually is wonderful to mares, he’s never dominant and he’s the most gentle of gentleman’s with them. He wouldn’t dream of trying to mount them or anything like that. They can squeal at him and push him around and he takes it.

But, he is then awful to geldings if they are close to the mare. An example is when we’ve had him turned out bordering them, he will then not let the gelding anywhere near the fence line that’s shared with the mares.

He is a thug.

Clodagh

Visit site
I think your newer selection are heaps better than the original chestnut (too pony) or the buckskin (too common).
For what my opinion is worth.
That mare screams at me that she’s your type.

Michen

Visit site
I think your newer selection are heaps better than the original chestnut (too pony) or the buckskin (too common).
For what my opinion is worth.
That mare screams at me that she’s your type.
Newer selection is the same chestnut pony and the mare?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I agree that the mare could be your type, but I'd want to see a bit more. Including a video and a proper conformation photo.

As for buying a horse that looks similar to your current horse/last horse, I am guilty of that. I didn't even go there to look at my horse but look who I ended up buying 🙄 so it happens 🤣

Michen

Visit site
These are the only other mare photos I have at the moment. I think she’s 3 or 4 can’t recall. She’s 5 hours away in Colorado. And expensive.. good breeding lines.

This is the dun 3yr stallion too but I think a no go really to have something that’s not yet been gelded a little while or shown to be chilled out with other horses etc.

IMG_2368.jpegIMG_2366.jpegIMG_2366.jpegIMG_2367.jpegIMG_2371.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpeg
    IMG_2367.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 2