Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
Isn’t it the weirdest thing “buying” a horse. Most of the time you’ve only met them once, or not at all. And you are inviting this creature into your world and hoping it works or fits or becomes something. It’s crazy to think that Bog was just a nothing when he arrived, and the 8 years we’ve had together since, how important he’s become, how he’s quite literally changed my life because of all the little paths he took me down and the motivation he gave me to do better and earn more to support him! Nearly all of my best friends are through Boggle.

This little guy could be a stepping stone before my next “one”, or he could become another important part of life. Maybe I’ll remember this excited feeling about his arrival when I’m in my forties or even fifties, or maybe I’ll just look back on the cute pony that I had for a bit and sold.

Endless possibilities haha, looking forward to finding out..

Very excited. I still feel sad about Jack and think about him. But I can’t deny I’d have felt stressed from the start with Jack, and starting with a horse that doesn’t need unpicking is certainly a better way forward for my mental health, even if it’s not necessarily as rewarding.

Equi

Visit site
I kind of like hawk because it’s a little more unique. I’m sure there are tonnes out there called phoenix lol but it’s still a lovely name regardless so whatever you choose will be great

SO1

Visit site
I don't like changing names bit suspicious I would call him Hawkie or perhaps Hank to be as close as possible to what he is already called.

Hawkeye. I’ve changed them. Boggle was Jack and whilst our recent luck is terrible, I’ve had wonderful, wonderful years of in and out eventing with him. Bear was Teddy. He was pretty awesome! Others I’ve kept the name but I can’t do Hawkeye lol.

His registered name is Singheart flying hawk and I don’t think I can really do Fly!

Beezer

Visit site
That lip screams trouble somehow haha.

He could be a Phoenix, given it’s a special place to me and I’m going there the day he arrives.

Maybe Ember. Or Bali/Bally/Balius again, or Jaffa, Ajax. Or he just stays “Hawk”.

I quite like the idea of something Greek and kinda cool over something silly/bagel like now.

Unless I see him and decide he really is just Bagsl, of course.

View attachment 147084
If Greek, how about Boreas? God of the North wind, winter and apparently closely associated with horses.
Boris or Bo / Beau for short?

Michen

Visit site
All good suggestions altho Boris I don’t think I could live with!

Happily made it to airport in good time for my flight back so hopefully no storms in Denver to shut the airspace and I’ll be there to receive him.

It’s a fun thing at this time of year often sitting on tarmac in Phoenix in the heat even with air con as it’s so strong through the windows, because Denver has shut due to afternoon storms.

Reactions: TPO

Michen

Visit site
Good morning! I got a couple of hours sleep once i had got home from airport and now heading to barn as pony should be here in an hour.

I also need to write a several page exec summary for a proposal before 7am and I have about 8 calls throughout the day today, two being approval calls with scarily senior people. In short I need to bring my A game and I currently have no game and no sleep 🤣 Not whining- I bring these things on myself- just laughing at how it always seems to work out a little crazy, there’s plenty of days where I barely have any calls at all usually!

It’s going to be a long one powered by lots of coffee but still very excited for his arrival! He will be met with a syringe of electrolytes and tomorrow some omeprazole for a few weeks.

We will both be as tired as eachother.

Latest photo from hauler. That mane will need to go haha. Goodness knows what this pony actually looks like as every photo he looks different. Some I’m like yay and others… oh. Haha.

IMG_7695.jpeg

IMG_7696.jpeg

Last edited: