Buddy has a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Phew, managed to get to the end before it was deleted! That's a first for me.

Has kept me entertained, as was meant to be a family night in with wine and tv. Got OH hogging living room tv with the PS3, and son upstairs on his PS3. Am sat in kitchen with bottle of red and the iPad. Might take my wine to bed in a minute so I can at least have some TV for myself.

Flame_

Visit site
The lesson of this thread is DO NOT SELL YOUR KNACKERED/PROBLEMATIC/SEMI-HEALTHY HORSES OF LOW VALUE. They are too tempting a money making opportunity to people with few morals and no loyalty to the horses. If you don't want your low value horse, loan it out and remain responsible for it or put it down. Stop keeping scumbags in this business.

Buddy's mummy, if you only want one horse who you want to be able to ride, but you have two horses and only one can be ridden, same advice to you, take responsibility for the lame one and put it down if you no longer want it. You should be worried about where it ends up now you've passed it on, as should the person who passed it on to you.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Hope Buddy has landed on his feet, and this latest owner will take care of him!
Lets hope so! According to the OP, he ended up in a loving home near Bridport. Let's hope that this was one of the tiny minority of occasions in which she was telling the truth. Also that if he was rehomed, that he is capable of being the 'very light hack' he was described as.

Eta to add. Crossposted with Ihotse. I fear that you may well be right. He will have ended up with whoever paid the most £££s

Last edited:

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Anyone else suspect that Buddy has not actually found a nice new home at all? My instincts tell me he probably is no longer with us. May explain why she has not asked for this thread to be pulled. What better way to cover your tracks than post about it here?

risky business

Visit site
Anyone else suspect that Buddy has not actually found a nice new home at all? My instincts tell me he probably is no longer with us. May explain why she has not asked for this thread to be pulled. What better way to cover your tracks than post about it here?

If that is indeed the case, I feel that's much better for him than staying with the Op or being passed pillar to post.

Angus' yard

Visit site
What a sad, sad business. I agree with Wagtail that this may well be the case, but hope that unlikely though it seems there was in fact a happy ending for this poor horse.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Am I alone in actually hoping that this is true?
If the 'loving home' is fiction, as is very likely, then ending up at Potters is infinitely preferable to him being passed around from pillar to post.

I was one of many who suggested pts in the original 'free to a good home' thread.

ETA. If he was on Danilon, as OP stated, then surely he would have been signed out of the food chain on his passport? So he couldn't then go to Potters. Though a new passport could easily have been drawn up, I suppose, as we all know that the passport system is useless.

Last edited:

dunkley

Visit site
A horse can be signed out of the food chain, but that doesn't stop it going to pet food, just human food.

I would rather see any horse humanely put down than passed from pillar to post in a never ending cycle of deteriorating homes and goodness knows what misery along the way. :(

Ladyinred

Visit site
What a sad, sad business. I agree with Wagtail that this may well be the case, but hope that unlikely though it seems there was in fact a happy ending for this poor horse.

I think it unlikely he was PTS as she would resent paying for it. Potters is an option. Whatever has really happened I hope the poor old lad has found peace, and ideally someone who will love him and give him a decent life.

What a truly nast vile piece of work she is :(

PolarSkye

Visit site
A horse can be signed out of the food chain, but that doesn't stop it going to pet food, just human food.

I would rather see any horse humanely put down than passed from pillar to post in a never ending cycle of deteriorating homes and goodness knows what misery along the way. :(

And me, which is why Kali is in his "last" home with me . . . he is too broken to pass on with any confidence that his needs will be met . . . it will break my heart but I will do it for him.

P

tonkatoy

Visit site
For people that don't remember/not users when the teds mum saga happened, it was shocking and upset a lot of people on here, horse and hound forum members actually drove to slaughterhouses and contacted them in search of someones much loved horses. (i think it may have been woody)?

shocked she has re appeared. shocked.

buddy's mummy

Visit site
this is still not going on is it..quite entertaining really. that horse woody was sold to her and she sold to a friend who then sold to a dealer - the horse was old and knackered and unwanted by said trekking centre they couldnt wait to get rid!
ETA I am her sister!!

Last edited:

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
With people like this I wonder whether it's better to have them removed or have them active. If they are removed they can still see the posts made here and having re-registered but not posted they can then contact those numerous people who post to say that they are desperately looking for a home, gaining access to more unfortunate horses. Whilst they are active it does tend to serve to remind people that the wonderful forever home may end in pony pies more quickly than expected.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
So you are offering a service really, unwanted horses taken on a "companions" then disposed of quietly under the guise of welfare, why not offer this openly in an honest way, you never know you may get some takers in the current climate to save them the trouble of making a decision themselves and the expense of pts at home as it should be ideally.

It is the deceit that is used, hiding behind aliases, taking under false pretenses and making money out of old horses, that everyone despises.

Actually, done properly this probably WOULD be a good thing for some people, done professionally, I bet there WOULD be takers, with people trusting you with a dignified end for their horses.

Thing is, reputation might have ended it for the person in question....

Status
Not open for further replies.