CDJ withdrawn from paris

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Was it not in a competition??
Yes, it was at a competition. I didn't report on the day. I should have. I contacted their sponsor the day after. I, of course, regret not reporting at the time. I think about it a lot and I've been giving much thought over the last few days as to how I can do my bit in the future to advocate for horses.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Yes, it was at a competition. I didn't report on the day. I should have. I contacted their sponsor the day after. I, of course, regret not reporting at the time. I think about it a lot and I've been giving much thought over the last few days as to how I can do my bit in the future to advocate for horses.
I agree if the culture is to change then reporting abuse has to become the norm

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Did we not just use a finger to check the gap 🤔🙄
Not for home use, but for tack checks at competitions, I think it (the green widget) is a great idea, and easy to enforce. I’ve been the tack check steward on occasions, and I was pretty strict, but I would still welcome this.

Last edited:

PurpleSpots

Visit site
Going back a few posts... We can't be certain that CDJ was still actively training horses in the way depicted in the video.

I was never a fan of hers, even when riding Valegro, because I could see the force and pressure down the reins and in the way the horses were ridden, and the stress in them.

BUT in more recent times, I felt I could see more sensitivity in how the horses were ridden and more softness in their way of going.

I found myself wondering whether motherhood had been a catalyst for realisation and change.

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
What sounds unlikely? That if I name them that it'll be deleted or that it actually happens? If it's the latter, I can assure you it happens and I've seen it with my own eyes. A well known female GP dressage rider for one. Bar of soap shoved right into the horses mouth and rubbed all over the bit. It's a vile practice. She did at least have the good grace to apologise to the horse whilst she was doing it.....
Marshmallow fluff is used for a different reason.
what on earth is doing that supposed to achieve?? 😵‍💫

canteron

Visit site
Going back a few posts... We can't be certain that CDJ was still actively training horses in the way depicted in the video.

I was never a fan of hers, even when riding Valegro, because I could see the force and pressure down the reins and in the way the horses were ridden, and the stress in them.

BUT in more recent times, I felt I could see more sensitivity in how the horses were ridden and more softness in their way of going.

I found myself wondering whether motherhood had been a catalyst for realisation and change.
One of the reaons the response has been so strong is that she implied it was 'one off' when I don't think anyone who looked at the video believes that.

Maybe if her response had been more along the lines that she is upset that she ever trained like that, and now has a much more sympathetic training method, she would have given herself space to open that conversation and maybe become an ambassador for change.

tristars

Visit site
Well cba any more,how about if the gob is shut so tight so you can't swallow your own saliva, and you can't move your jaw sideways, and everyone thinks it's great that you dribble all over the place because its such a good sign you are on the bit, and of course you are performing because you are so happy,and it's got nothing to do with you being g terrified not to because someone beat the crap out of you

PurpleSpots

Visit site
One of the reaons the response has been so strong is that she implied it was 'one off' when I don't think anyone who looked at the video believes that.

Maybe if her response had been more along the lines that she is upset that she ever trained like that, and now has a much more sympathetic training method, she would have given herself space to open that conversation and maybe become an ambassador for change.

I totally agree. I do wonder how much input the PR team had with regards the statement that was released.

PurpleSpots

Visit site
Contrary to popular belief,Crank nose bands are kinder than old fashioned buckled cavessons. There is no point of pressure … it’s evenly distributed unlike in a normal cavesson.

I can't see how this is true if the normal cavesson is used loosely?

Surely the usefulness of the crank only comes into play when noseband pressure/tightness is introduced?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I can't see how this is true if the normal cavesson is used loosely?

Surely the usefulness of the crank only comes into play when noseband pressure/tightness is introduced?
This is part of the testing that Fairfax did before designing their bridles and nosebands.

I think they used some sort of sensors and gait analysis to measure response so it wasn't humans interpreting how the horse was feet

I saw other reports on the testing I can't find now where they said they couldn't believe some of their findings as they assumed the same as you.

Just to add my previous horse hated any sort of Cavesson no matter how loose. Something about its position irritated him. He liked a drop

PurpleSpots

Visit site
Sometimes a young horse will try to get his tongue over the bit.

I don't really like to see a bridle without a noseband, but I've never used a tight noseband.

In that instance it may not be bit-induced discomfort causing the mouth opening, likely confusion or resistance to training - or tooth/jaw pain exacerbated by the bit rather than the bit itself... Or other reasons that aren't springing to mind right now. Regardless, the horse still needs to be able to express these things and have the humans work to help rather than silence him.

eahotson

Visit site
What sounds unlikely? That if I name them that it'll be deleted or that it actually happens? If it's the latter, I can assure you it happens and I've seen it with my own eyes. A well known female GP dressage rider for one. Bar of soap shoved right into the horses mouth and rubbed all over the bit. It's a vile practice. She did at least have the good grace to apologise to the horse whilst she was doing it.....
Marshmallow fluff is used for a different reason.
Is there no depths they will not sink to?

maya2008

Visit site
Sometimes a young horse will try to get his tongue over the bit.

I don't really like to see a bridle without a noseband, but I've never used a tight noseband.
They do, but if you ignore them, they usually change their minds on that idea (unless needing dentist, in which case it can be a protective move that disappears once he has been!).

Yesterday, I swapped little cob’s bit. She went, ‘Ugh, what is that? Tongue over.’ We ignored her. Five minutes into the ride I could see her determinedly trying to get it back under again, so we stopped, I leaned down from my pony and dropped the side of the bridle down, helped her get her tongue back under then did it up again. Happy pony.