CDJ withdrawn from paris

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Oh dear...

I’ve always hated the way Gal rides but everyone used to say what a great rider he was riding those hot horses . I would question why they are so hot , couldn’t be because they are expecting a thrashing could it? I didn’t like the way Totilas went and couldn’t see how the judges could award him such high marks , let’s hope the judges take notice of the uproar about blue tongues etc and mark accordingly or eliminate ..

shortstuff99

Visit site
I’ve always hated the way Gal rides but everyone used to say what a great rider he was riding those hot horses . I would question why they are so hot , couldn’t be because they are expecting a thrashing could it? I didn’t like the way Totilas went and couldn’t see how the judges could award him such high marks , let’s hope the judges take notice of the uproar about blue tongues etc and mark accordingly or eliminate ..
I used to get a bit of flack on here for not liking Gal or Totilas so interesting to see the opinion change on him.

What is interesting though is how different (and good) his riding was on Lingh, and then see it change when the old Rolkur trainers start working with him.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I used to get a bit of flack on here for not liking Gal or Totilas so interesting to see the opinion change on him.

What is interesting though is how different (and good) his riding was on Lingh, and then see it change when the old Rolkur trainers start working with him.
My opinion has never changed I could never understand how everyone (bar you and me) liked the spider legged extended trot , his passage was quite often unlevel but was never marked down , piaffe was generally ok apart from the nose into the chest , again never marked down. I’m a bit of a dressage nerd and often look at the judges scores to see how my marks compare , needless to say I always marked lower than them for the overbent stressed horses but I marked more than them for the correct(IMO) harmonious tests… I really hope it will change for the better but won’t hold my breath

Michen

Visit site
I read this and I have to say I thought it was a bit of a rubbish article!

Especially the bit from the anti racing campaigner who said there was no ethical argument for riding horses, and then proceeds to justify why it was okay that he rides his own horses and that was 100% ethical and fine!

I just skim read it to be honest but I thought they raised some very good points. Probably didn’t read it thoroughly enough to see the contradictions.

Chianti

Visit site
I always thought that Totilas - poor thing -was the beginning of the end for dressage. Once people decided that horses moving their front legs like a daddy long legs was the way forward I gave up watching.

Kaylum

Visit site
We had a shetland mule at our sanctuary for many years. A trainer wanted to use him in a demo. He went and she ended up with a nice kick in the groin and he then ignored her and rolled, the crowd loved him. He was a character stubborn and did what he wanted.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/ng1yPRbjJMjuFxb6/

I know DH not popular but is a source of various goings on I think would otherwise pass me by. Jessica Von BW publicly thanking a trainer who himself has his own hit it with a stick video. Except his is an actual stick, perhaps what was being compared to when CDJ spoke of the lunge whip being rubbish for hitting them hard. It's awful to watch 😔

Matafleur

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/ng1yPRbjJMjuFxb6/

I know DH not popular but is a source of various goings on I think would otherwise pass me by. Jessica Von BW publicly thanking a trainer who himself has his own hit it with a stick video. Except his is an actual stick, perhaps what was being compared to when CDJ spoke of the lunge whip being rubbish for hitting them hard. It's awful to watch 😔
I couldn't see what was happening in that video, it was so blurry. The sound wasn't the sound I'd expect from someone hitting the legs. I have no idea who the person is (never heard of them) so maybe they are dreadful. But DH is borderline insane and vindictive so I just can't take anything posted by them at face value.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I couldn't see what was happening in that video, it was so blurry. The sound wasn't the sound I'd expect from someone hitting the legs. I have no idea who the person is (never heard of them) so maybe they are dreadful. But DH is borderline insane and vindictive so I just can't take anything posted by them at face value.
There's a longer version of the video circulating, I thought what was there on DH gives people the gist without putting up another (worse, I think personally) upsetting video of a horse being beaten in the name of 'dressage'. Epona TV have it on their page.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
It's like a web - everyone is connected to everyone else so even the 'clean' riders are tainted by association
Yup. Quoted myself below from the post I made about EG. Obviously I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes for that particular horse, but the movements it was producing conjured up images in my mind not unlike the video on Epona TV of Mr big stick man.
Aside from the horrid, hard-handed riding there, I dread to think what that horse could have been subjected to in order to produce movement like that :(

onemoretime

Visit site
I wonder what has happened to the horses that Charlotte rode. Have the owners moved them to other riders yards, I cant see Carl riding all of them, he is winding down a bit as far as competition goes.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Yes, Bonfire for sure was the mainstream-ing of that sort of training
Her husband and coach is really the source I believe. Although this sort of dominating training was around before, he and Anky are the ones who made it popular by being successful, so you can lay that burden at the door of the trainer, the rider, the judges, and the governing body in nearly equal measure.

ThreeFurs

Visit site
Yes, agreed, but in 48 pages of commentary, no one yet knows the name of this horse, or if he's ok. So that, my friends, is the nub of the issue. ie How is he going? does he have a new owner, how is he with whips [dodgy I would imagine]. Does he have someone who cares enough to turn him out with horse friends, take him for a hack? give him the right food? These are horse centred questions.
No one knows his name, his age, his parentage, how he got to be in this situation, what happened to him since the video, how he's doing now ...
Apparently the horse at the centre of it all is actually warmblood mare called Gretchen, imported from Australia, owned by the whistleblower and a Qld based youtuber behind Your Riding Success. Its all in the link cauda equina posted above.

ps: wow. Whistleblower defended by Dressage Hub? Is that just like apex predators teaming up to feast on high net worth individuals with dressage dreams? xx

Observer

Visit site
I think it's all about this.
The lady who studies equine hooves has formal qualifications in forensics, which is a great asset in her work. On the other hand, Becks Nairn, often considered a con artist, has no formal qualifications of any kind, and her work has never been peer-reviewed. Nairn has a large following of people easily swayed by her unsubstantiated assertions.

With such a large and not so educated following, one would expect her to have anatomy and veterinary sciences qualifications, but she does not. Instead, she extracts information from textbooks and veterinary reports without following proper protocols. These internet gurus pose a danger to equine owners and horses. Nairn seems more concerned about her online image and cash flow than the well-being of the horses. She learns as she goes and charges people a huge fee to watch her work on horses without formal qualifications. It seems that in the online world, anyone can become an expert if they know how to market themselves, just like Becks Nairn.

Last edited: