Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Just seen this one and what's odd is I'm sure the yard it's on is full livery only.

For loan As many days as you like. 2 year old gelding, Loves fuss and a job to do. Walking in hand, walking on roads, Had bridle in, Started long reining etc. Please message me if you have any other questions.

coblets

Visit site
From preloved:
"Trobat, 16.1, 7yearold, unregistered PRExLusitano
Im selling Trobat due to coming off and losing all my confidence. He can be ridden fine and then out of nowhere is a bucking bronco. I bought him unseen as a perfectly ridden horse and he obviously has issues that i havent been told about.
He is unpredictable which is why im selling him as UNRIDDEN (hence the low price!!) hes an absolute gorgeous mover and if someones willing to take on a project an have alot of patience he has alot of potential!
He loads perfect, good for farrier, up to date with vaccinations, will stand all day to be groomed, perfectly behaved in stable alone or with company aswell as in the field."

Not sure who would buy a horse who sounds like he's got serious back problems, but worth putting an ad up just in case... Except he's being sold for 3.4k. Surely all the potential in the world wouldn't warrant that price?

Just seen this one and what's odd is I'm sure the yard it's on is full livery only.

For loan As many days as you like. 2 year old gelding, Loves fuss and a job to do. Walking in hand, walking on roads, Had bridle in, Started long reining etc. Please message me if you have any other questions.
Maybe not getting enough turnout, and full livery doesn't include exercise, so trying to get it out a bit more?

Widgeon

Visit site
I then looked up Gypsy cobs in the US and found some being sold for $50,000 to $100,000. Anyone want to go into the import/export business with me?

I have always said this! I could make a fortune selling cobs to the USA!

Ooh I've thought this many times! Let's all quit our day jobs and move into this, we'll make a killing. I reckon we could round up enough of them in a fortnight to charter our own flight. We can probably also make enough cash to employ someone on the UK end to wash them before loading them onto the plane - unless one of you is up for that job? I'm not :D

abbijay

Visit site
Ooh I've thought this many times! Let's all quit our day jobs and move into this, we'll make a killing. I reckon we could round up enough of them in a fortnight to charter our own flight. We can probably also make enough cash to employ someone on the UK end to wash them before loading them onto the plane - unless one of you is up for that job? I'm not :D
I don't have the time to do this but would genuinely be interested in investing in this if someone wants to give it a try. I also have a local breeder who I reckon would do me a decent deal on a bulk buy. send me a message if you do ;)

Antw23uk

Visit site
From preloved:
Im selling Trobat due to coming off and losing all my confidence. He can be ridden fine and then out of nowhere is a bucking bronco. I bought him unseen as a perfectly ridden horse and he obviously has issues that i havent been told about.
He is unpredictable which is why im selling him as UNRIDDEN (hence the low price!!) hes an absolute gorgeous mover and if someones willing to take on a project an have alot of patience he has alot of potential!
He loads perfect, good for farrier, up to date with vaccinations, will stand all day to be groomed, perfectly behaved in stable alone or with company aswell as in the field."

Not sure who would buy a horse who sounds like he's got serious back problems, but worth putting an ad up just in case... Except he's being sold for 3.4k. Surely all the potential in the world wouldn't warrant that price?

Love these ads, for the right price you can pick up a cracking horse that some idiot has over horsed themselves with and become hell bent on the seller and horse being the issue rather than just them being a crap rider and equine owner with no one around them to tell them straight! This horse probably falls into that category nicely.

Tinsel

Visit site
Sorry I don’t have any thing funny to pos but whoever said about kent equestrian grapevine I am waiting to hear back from them but I don’t live in Kent

Caol Ila

Visit site
I have a friend with her own farm in Virginia. She likes WB and TB types, so not sure she'd been keen on dealing in hairy cobs, lol, but everyone has their price!

Casey76

Visit site
This wonderful one…

12.1hh cob 4yo gelding. Safe allrounder and happy hacker. Bombproof in all sorts of traffic. Hacked by trains without a fuss. One of a kind pony. Any child can handle and ride him. He looks after his little riders. Good forever home wanted. Deposit secures.
???? (low/mid)

since when is any 4yo a ‘safe alrounder’ and ‘bombproof’?

honetpot

Visit site
This wonderful one…

12.1hh cob 4yo gelding. Safe allrounder and happy hacker. Bombproof in all sorts of traffic. Hacked by trains without a fuss. One of a kind pony. Any child can handle and ride him. He looks after his little riders. Good forever home wanted. Deposit secures.
???? (low/mid)

I have had two. I bought them at three, and at four they were doing PC with novice children off LR, my eldest child was eight. The one when out hunting with a child, when it was just turned four, scrambling over ditches, he has always been a very easy going pony, that why I always buy of temperament not looks, in my experience you can train them, but their basic attitude to life developed very early. I never had the money to buy made ponies.

mini_b

Visit site
I have had two. I bought them at three, and at four they were doing PC with novice children off LR, my eldest child was eight. The one when out hunting with a child, when it was just turned four, scrambling over ditches, he has always been a very easy going pony, that why I always buy of temperament not looks, in my experience you can train them, but their basic attitude to life developed very early. I never had the money to buy made ponies.

A girl I was friends with (we were about 11/12) was bought her first pony. Sweet looking cobby type for really low level PC sort of thing. Girl could ride but first time owners and parents were novicey but really well meaning.
Was meant to be 7.
Was 3/4 ?

absolute f-ing saint that pony was. I took it hunting. A literal bomb could have gone off and it wouldn’t have looked.
I’m not 100% sure it was actually properly backed ?

Brownmare

Visit site
From preloved:

Haha I bought a horse from an ad like this! The owner wouldn't let me ride at the viewing because she said she didn't want me ending up in hospital because of her ? I went off my gut feeling and brought him home and he turned out to be a total gem, just very sensitive and panicked if he felt pressured. He didn't cost me much though so it was worth a gamble.

I'm Dun

Visit site
This wonderful one…

???? (low/mid)

In little pony cobs pretty often! Some ponies are just born kids ponies and never bat an eyelid at anything.

Nasicus

Visit site
My pony *** is 14hh and is in need of a part loaner to help get *** up to fitness level again. *** is a companion is not for ridden work for reasons I can go into with anyone interested. *** would really go far in in hand showing so if someone wants to do that with *** in further I would be happy for *** to do so.
***'s very sweet and would be good for someone who just wants to spend time with horses.
Seems all well and good, there could be someone out there with free time who doesn't want to ride and enjoys doing in-hand walks.
(Financial contribution needed)
Wait, you want someone to pay you for the privilege of walking your horse for you?
Usually you pay them to rehab/fitten/shift some blubber off your horse.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
There's a free oldie on Preloved too. Loss of grazing and no health issues... yet she looks really uncomfortable and the one hoof you can see is not good in the photo.

stangs

Visit site
There's a free oldie on Preloved too. Loss of grazing and no health issues... yet she looks really uncomfortable and the one hoof you can see is not good in the photo.
Think I know the one you mean. She does look sweet but those hooves (especially the hind right) don’t look like they’ve seen a farrier for some time.

coblets

Visit site
Looking for someone who would like the opportunity to do daily chores on a livery yard e.g mucking out, filling haynets, grooming, putting out and bringing in this will not be paid work but can be repayed by giving the rite person a lot of experience with horses and knowledge

I'd love a free slave!
To be fair, I would of probably jumped at this as a teenager without a horse

Following along with this style of post...

"Looking for a confident individual who loves horses
and ponies and wants the opportunity to spend time / work with them
I mainly work with rescue horses but the occasional projects aswell!
Im now looking for someone to add to our soon to be small team of 2 people and currently 6 horses as my head groom has left us due to college and work commitments!
Lots of riding available
Hacking opportunities for showing
Learing everything about caring for horses
Learning/ helping to train and rehabilitate rescues
Regular lessons also included
Lots of different experiences"
Sounds like a really good job position, maybe even a volunteering position for a horse crazy teen looking for more hands experience.

Cost depending on days in a week
Oh.

exracehorse

Visit site
Is anyone looking for a companion for the winter months?

Looking for somewhere for my girl to be turned away until next Spring. Full turnout with 1/2 other horses/ponies ideal.

bunandpancake

Visit site
Not a Facebook Ad but I chatted to the lady i bought my first horse from (for probably more than he was worth at the time, but I love him dearly!) She has a new one for sale, I have one I’m thinking about selling as well. Hers has been up for £6-8k, mine for £6 and had offers (both young OTTBS with good temperaments and lots of potential-hers has a bit more experience than mine). I made a comment about how I wouldn’t mind swapping them, and she said she was interested. I said I’d be happy to pay a bit extra for hers as he’s been brought along a little further-she said she’d sell him to me for 5k as she knows I’m a good home. I thought she meant without mine-turns out she wants mine and the extra 5!! How mental!!

asmp

Visit site
This wonderful one…

???? (low/mid)

Recently seen a 3 year old (?) for sale advertised as a kind and steady lead rein pony. It’s been sold.

teddypops

Visit site
This wonderful one…

???? (low/mid)

I had a 4yo totally bombproof Welsh pony. She was so good with absolutely everything. Never spooked, always did everything I asked of her. I sold her to a family for their 4 children (5yrs and under). They rode her to school, they rode her bareback in their fields and hills behind their farm and she used to go to schools and other kids groups to do demonstrations on pony care etc with her owner who was a vet. They still have her 10 years on and mum rides her now! So they do exist.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I had a 4yo totally bombproof Welsh pony. She was so good with absolutely everything. Never spooked, always did everything I asked of her. I sold her to a family for their 4 children (5yrs and under). They rode her to school, they rode her bareback in their fields and hills behind their farm and she used to go to schools and other kids groups to do demonstrations on pony care etc with her owner who was a vet. They still have her 10 years on and mum rides her now! So they do exist.

Some ponies are just born kids ponies. I've had one and known a few others.