Dealings with Elite Equine and Meadow stables in Essex

s4sugar

Visit site
Trading standards are useless in cases like this.
Many of us can read between the lines or see the misdescription or inconsistencies in their adverts but TS don't want to know unless a sale has occurred.
If a clocked car is offered for sale an offence has been committed so it is about time that falsification of a horse's documents was treated the same in law.

Hettyhannah

New User
Visit site
Trading standards are useless in cases like this.
Many of us can read between the lines or see the misdescription or inconsistencies in their adverts but TS don't want to know unless a sale has occurred.
If a clocked car is offered for sale an offence has been committed so it is about time that falsification of a horse's documents was treated the same in law.

Totally agree, there needs to be stricter regulations (any regulations) on selling but that leads back to the need to license owners as well - in the same way as shotguns and 'dangerous' dogs. It will never happen as it would be too much work and who would have the responsibility??

Jach

Visit site
Hope no one is holding their breath waiting for good review to appear!!! Silly woman has simply highlighted this thread, hence inviting more people to post negative reviews! Wouldn't surprise me if she attempts to write a good review herself , under a pseudonym of course!! Won't be difficult to detect because her spelling and grammar will be a dead give away!!!

Smellycob

Visit site
I'm a customer. Had no problems so far touch wood with mine other than being green. Sweetest horse you could get. I was allowed to view and try when I wanted (I just turned up). I would never suggest horses were drugged without actual medical proof. Mine passed a 5 stage vetting from my vet. Passport and all was in order and delivery was arranged for me. Passport arrived with horse or horse would not have gotten on the yard at all. Was a bit skinny on arrival but I expected that. I believe they are travelers and some people don't like that but that doesn't bother me. I'm happy with my purchase and would visit again. Don't know about Elite Equine. From what I understand the shotguns etc. belonged to a person who was renting land from them hence why they are not in prison. I think as long as you get a vetting (your vet!) and know enough about what you are looking at (or have an experienced person with you) you should hopefully be safe, but that's the same for any sale.

Aquila

Visit site
Not sure why anyone would want to bother though? With or without an experienced person/your own vet etc you'd still need to wade through all the broken rubbish they have there in the hope they have a golden egg and you might be lucky enough to find it. Why put yourself through it? Plenty more decent horses out there to not have to bother playing the Meadow Stables lottery. I know I certainly won't do it ever again!

Jach

Visit site
Interesting find earlier posted on fb group...

CPJBhqcsKnxdnKTVl2UIG4VMPcba19DIb2ShdVRiRshGfpNnUK6vG9m_xtdI84E2qsoh40hStyAFrgvJNTuIlqhE_BHLZJ7UWgWXrHKt14ix45y52CZfzbmoQlb69eJ8pV7x-nz0xXUK3eY5KWgqwQQ2s33LG3J-oTMrznro3QpWTV-SR9Xb6QA2TElhS9CjtHcpBsh-p_Cq8lGGleJH0NJSnOHfrqjFkY5sBfd9yn-3IxPF628YOUFeyNc5rOHBA1-zlAKwfA-5ayT1QIUnx4CRy4G1qTNanudm_j42kU4Vg-h70YhvN02FHOKvoGFaO7kM4mDk4qiLi19HRfbbrfwTEz1A9yQW_oJXs0JQ_zbEra4VFdNduO3fMcCzOH8eoG-WcystNQp6Tb1SrMnYgkKGpxEpIoOyWGd4gnz5f2IYoGITSwyllMefm1UqmR_YxiwfzkUDuRGKYUT-5GauNTto68Cbv3PcISjnC-qksqgLmaaxsg6SpSSNtUT5LMaACYZhQ4vQL4T6UihppcafbudMXsUiz1IF8xFZyRm-tSpwLvtCG6eVcDCDPYMQ8V1u_1amR_pJ9YLQ8waKQvfhL54wu88_Nq3tzdR99ECO8lFPh_w=w637-h894-no

4O--M__63XFl7B6tsS1I1S3M1VFyfG9tujIXyNuEKceQBcAbMngmlQcfU06XkCMv-1Xis1KaW56y2H_sHJttgKmqcOJzY_fui9TvkOk7JZINde1Sz2-tRFdqV09AaAcrb0XJ0CcH_Qm8WIfzy-6IQIF22eidU2RmoYgPBW44zqnunTKNoWCpaQYre99Cc1vYEBaksAzcnBXet18kg_FI0tR-e8w-2zAuP01ps1N78cjwULM-3b1AH8pd9MUktiyOF5BCcBRbXEhOjiMizi6QcMdVeMtpauVNUJmq97C027ngEGKIQe6VdbikHuS1A68JHuU-vZQA1S2SmifDZMDCN3UWUT2gyWhXunBoJdQF68nLEV3Ct2qVI1YqkxOH5UzsGyhUYWFOUY1UhKzF-YGoglWqkQ0qrcj3nYbCvcXD5vcVQvksW7XlcTqgs_6RmVE-zH5zEA2SQN8iPNMEuO8EK2fybbP4BF1D2HbxUSiDAUbqUGeQjmPnnyehNezoe4J9eEUXzIKYjHaOBXOc8vWKuJYpASNTRzmMl7ti_xn_iPNheYAeVH1Tw0LbvAVLCpWgyU4MyWjxLZxsQL17REOz0hARzmM3_jflpvWJGFlU6hGDrJY=w617-h894-no

Aquila

Visit site
Oh deary me! Highlighting this thread really hasn't worked out well for her has it.

It's ok though, she can hold her head high, because according to her and her minions we're all just jealous. As are all the members of the FB page about her, and the members of the Dodgy Dealers FB pages, in fact anyone who has anything derogatory to say.

If you say so Sammarie....!

Last edited:

Pinkoig1210

New User
Visit site
Another newbie here - and yes I have joined specifically to follow the Meadow Stables/Elite equine post but I couldn't have written this Amy better myself!

Pinkoig1210

New User
Visit site
I don't agree - there was a period when it got far too personal and even childish at times but since the change of admin, it is informative and will hopefully serve as a to warning potential 'customers'.
I for one, have been able to warn my friend about them when she found a horse they were advertising that was 'amazing, super super safe blah blah blah' and was interested in viewing. Subsequent horse was sold to someone and later almost killed its owner. Full story on the FB page.
If only one person is able to read the stories and experiences buyers have had and decide not to go View then surly it serves a purpose.
This can only be highlighted with the lady this week who put a deposit on the cob and then read reviews and decided not to proceed with the purchase. And she's now suffered abusive PMs from Sam's 'followers'.
Would not touch them with someone else's barge pole!

cundlegreen

Visit site
For entertainment, go on Dragon Driving. There are a whole bunch of her horses advertised on there. I like her red getup, and the fact that she can stand on a horse's back in perfect balance. What's not to like ??............

Jach

Visit site
That is not Sammarie! It is one of her 'grooms', none of whom should be allowed to ride a rocking horse!!! Sammarie's riding ability is equal to a non rider :/

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
I've seen various videos of their horses online and most of them are obviously unsound. Unfortunately they aim their sales at very novice owners wh know no better.

Matt25

New User
Visit site
DONT just don't. All you need to do is search meadowstud which is what they were called before, they got taken to court & got God knows how many ccj's

Redders

Visit site
You can't fix stupid, eh? Ridiculous people. Utter plonkers. Who even *thinks of that as a good idea?!

Seriously, there is a new video doing it with another horse!! There are no words.

LisaMorganB

New User
Visit site
I'm so glad I found this! I'm a newbie following at long break. The adverts all sounded too good to be true hence I googled and found this thread. Kinda lost for words really :/
Plus I never trust anyone with brows as bad as that. Jesus they frightened the life outta me

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I'm so glad I found this! I'm a newbie following at long break. The adverts all sounded too good to be true hence I googled and found this thread. Kinda lost for words really :/
Plus I never trust anyone with brows as bad as that. Jesus they frightened the life outta me

The brow bit made me giggle :D I'm glad you found this thread :)

fernando06

New User
Visit site
Good heavens what a quandry .. I was just about to purchase a horse from said people for my novice daughter . I came across this thread by some lucky accident . I must admit I was wondering how all the bomb proof horses lived in Essex .
Darn it ..My search continues!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Good heavens what a quandry .. I was just about to purchase a horse from said people for my novice daughter . I came across this thread by some lucky accident . I must admit I was wondering how all the bomb proof horses lived in Essex .
Darn it ..My search continues!

Have a read on here and you will thank your lucky stars that you stumbled across this thread!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/759306634204114/

maggie62

Visit site
I look at horses for sale ads regularly, I would love my own horse but probably not going to happen any time soon. Part of the problem as I see it is there are not many horses around that are suitable for a novice therefore these vile people take advantage of that fact by advertising supposedly 'bomb proof, suitable for novice' horses. I have just read through this thread and have had my eyes opened........I know I looked at their ads a few times and thought they seem to have a number of horses to suit novices. I guess it's buyer beware......but in truth at least the buyer hopefully has learned a valuable lesson albeit a painful one, but its these poor horses that trouble me. No animal should be treated as a commodity, sold as if it were just a money ticket. The wheels of justice move very slowly in regard to these kind of dealers.

Irish gal

Visit site
What puzzles me is how they are still in business with all of the negative reviews on places like here. Anyone who is seeing their online adverts can just as easily find this thread with a little digging and I imagine few would proceed having read it.

It's wonderful that it's there so they can't get away with mis-selling horses. Some people have no conscience, how they can sleep at night having sold an unsafe horse to a novice I just don't know.

Sparemare

Visit site
I think some buyers are fully aware of the reputation of this yard. However, they get suckered in by an advert and think 'I know some of the horses for sale might not be ok, but this one seems to be'. They then view, fall in love with the horse and get stung.