European Eventing Champs

Chloe..x

Visit site
If Michael Jung scores a 30 ish test - that puts the Germans with the sub 100 team score going into tomorrow.
However there are lots of twists and turns around the complexes tomorrow so should favour our team horses - ISH, Trakenher type rather than the more warmbloody type lines of our German competitors - and it only takes 1 run out for a 20 penalties and suddenly its a different competition!!

Another repeat of the WEG would go down superbly!

amyneave

Visit site
If Michael Jung scores a 30 ish test - that puts the Germans with the sub 100 team score going into tomorrow.
However there are lots of twists and turns around the complexes tomorrow so should favour our team horses - ISH, Trakenher type rather than the more warmbloody type lines of our German competitors - and it only takes 1 run out for a 20 penalties and suddenly its a different competition!!

Agreed. Its definately not over yet. The german team horses don't always go well (except Michael Jung's). Ingrid fell at badminton etc. If we put in a solid xc performance we have every chance.

amyneave

Visit site
Interviews with Mary and William on FEI TV suggest that the xc course is similar to Luhmühlen 4*, but the opposite way round. Sounds like a couple of tricky combinations near the end could catch out a few riders, especially horses that aren't quite fit enough.

Chloe..x

Visit site
If its pretty the same I think we're in with a good shot as Mary, William and Piggy have already been around and within the time so fingers crossed for team GB.

amyneave

Visit site
If its pretty the same I think we're in with a good shot as Mary, William and Piggy have already been around and within the time so fingers crossed for team GB.

Both said it was pretty similar, however with the course going the oppsoite direction it will be slightly different fences, but a similar feel.

oldvic

Visit site
Yeah, there is a difference in 5 marks between the other two judges and his for Mary's. Something very dodgy and i'm not just being biased.

I haven't seen the tests so I am just surmising but the german judge is sitting at the side whereas the other 2 judges are on the short side. Ingrid's horse is normally very correct in his outline as is Frank Ostholt's (led the 4* in June) whereas Mary's horse has a tendency to lose engagement and drop behind the vertical and Laura's too doesn't always match infront and behind and can lose rhythm in walk and canter so maybe there is more than 1 side to the story. These things are more obvious from the side. There is no mention of the fact that the british judge is employed by the world class project!!!!

Chloe..x

Visit site
But if you watched the European Dressage Championships, the judging marks seemed to be consistent no matter what the angle the judge was at. I can't find a specific breakdown of the results but from what I can remember they were consistent

amyneave

Visit site
Yes but leading nations haven't had their final riders, so haven't disguarded a score yet.
William needs to score around 49 or less to go ahead of Italy and Sweden.

Still a great job though

Only four left now: Nicolas Touzaint, Sam Watson, William Fox Pitt and Michael Jung

Last edited:

kerilli

Visit site
I haven't seen the tests so I am just surmising but the german judge is sitting at the side whereas the other 2 judges are on the short side. Ingrid's horse is normally very correct in his outline as is Frank Ostholt's (led the 4* in June) whereas Mary's horse has a tendency to lose engagement and drop behind the vertical and Laura's too doesn't always match infront and behind and can lose rhythm in walk and canter so maybe there is more than 1 side to the story. These things are more obvious from the side. There is no mention of the fact that the british judge is employed by the world class project!!!!

but that's for pure dressage not for eventing, isn't it? or am i getting confused... sorry if so.
having scribed a few times for the British judge (ages ago though, admittedly), I don't believe he'd be biased actually - he always judged exactly what he saw in front of him, irrespective of who was in the plate (and what flag they were wearing), unlike some other judges i've written for!
Hope William can get a fantastic test out of Cool Mountain, fingers crossed!

amyneave

Visit site
16th for WFP. Slightly disapointing.
Britain will be 2nd in the team competition overnight. Germany will hold their lead, Italy are 3rd, Sweden 4th, with France 5th