Horse being hit around the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleeka

Visit site
I think it’s rather extreme to suggest she shouldn’t be a teacher.
There’s a huge outcry when people say if their dog gets attacked ‘it might be a child next’ . She walloped a pony, which was wrong, I doubt she’ll be punching children at school next week.
This thread gets more bonkers by the minute!

The comment was about her losing her temper and I agree, if she can’t keep a lid on that she shouldn’t be a teacher.

i suppose it depends on how seriously you view her crime. I think a slap on the neck is more appropriate if you feel that there’s no other way (and of course there always is), but this is just bullying and intimidation. How can you lecture kids on why it’s not ok to bully another kid, when everyone’s seen you on video doing it to a horse?!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I've just watched it again, I fail to see what the pony did wrong, handler dropped the lead rope, pony trotted off to its friend, handed itself in. And judging by its reaction, its quite used to being treated this way as the poor thing just shuts down. she didnt just rattle the leadrope in frustration, she decided where she would kick it, kicked it and then hit it round the head repeatedly.

makes me feel quite ill, she doesnt deserve a horse. a good reminder why I avoid horse people generally (although when I worked in racing, hitting a horse or kicking it was an instant sacking offence).
doesnt matter if you've all seen worse (but ffs do something about it when you see it!). And yes, I do if I see it-three times in my lifetime, most recently late last year.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Schools have a serious legal duty to safeguard their children, and this involves a lot of screening of teachers to make sure they are whiter than white. What school would want to employ a teacher who has been caught on camera physically abusing a horse like that? Imagine defending that to parents and the board of governors. You have to see it from their perspective, they have a duty to take these things seriously.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Recent (as in 45 minutes ago) post on the Hertfordshire Hunt Saboteurs FB page (they are the group who originally posted the video).

'We do not have a name we are 100% sure on. If other pages wish to go public with names there is nothing we can do about that, but we won't share until we are 110% sure of the identity of the person. Our main focus is that it's a cottemore rider and she represents the hunt with her behaviour and actions..'

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Recent (as in 45 minutes ago) post on the Hertfordshire Hunt Saboteurs FB page (they are the group who originally posted the video).

'We do not have a name we are 100% sure on. If other pages wish to go public with names there is nothing we can do about that, but we won't share until we are 110% sure of the identity of the person. Our main focus is that it's a cottemore rider and she represents the hunt with her behaviour and actions..'

Statistical literacy not their strong point ?

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Schools have access to LA 'Emergency Planning', even if they are not LA schools, 24/7/365. People are usually only dismissed from teaching in circumstances such as these, after a guilty verdict in a court case. Neither a governing body, nor a Headteacher, can just sack a teacher without due process, even supposing that the woman in question is a teacher.

[153312]

Visit site
Schools have access to LA 'Emergency Planning', even if they are not LA schools, 24/7/365. People are usually only dismissed from teaching in circumstances such as these, after a guilty verdict in a court case. Neither a governing body, nor a Headteacher, can just sack a teacher without due process, even supposing that the woman in question is a teacher.
But animal abuse would flag on an enchanced DBS check anyway wouldn't it? Which they have to do I think annually (can't remember)?

Miss_Millie

Visit site
It's funny how entitled human beings can be. The fact that horses let us ride them at all is an absolute privilege, there is nothing more humbling to me than being in the presence of a horse.

I'm quite saddened by the amount of people saying that what she did wasn't that bad or somehow suggesting that she was provoked. The horse was quiet as a lamb. I hope that the horse is seized and re-homed to someone who will never lay a hand on it like that vile woman did.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Anybody doing that to any horses at my yard would be given immediate notice; THEN I'd kick the cr@p out of them and hammer their head with fisticuffs to see how they liked it.

Then she'll wonder why her horse won't be caught in future and why it won't load. Poor horse deserves a better owner than this.

Total unacceptable behaviour in any circumstances.

What I find truly astounding is that these very people who want their Sport to continue really do seem hell-bent on exhibiting the very behaviour that will attract the wrong sort of attention and heap even more disgrace on hunting then there already is right now, sadly.

Personally whilst I'm no fan of the RSPCA I would be glad if they'd throw the book at this vile apology for a person. Nasty bad tempered woman!

palo1

Visit site
Whatever her occupation, she is, in my opinion, not a nice person.

If I had children I would not be happy if one of their role models kicked and punched animals.

Yes, but sadly most parents haven't got a clue what their children's teachers may or may not do at home or when they are out and about...Do you know what your children's teachers are actually up to in their spare time? Does it bother you generally when you drop them off at school? If this woman had done this when she was at a RC comp or something no-one would know and in fact although people might have disapproved you can bet that not a soul would have announced her unfit to work! Her career and her life might have been vandalised because CP hates hunting...It's utterly spiteful and dangerous egotism on his part though she should NOT have hit or kicked the pony either on her own or in front of a child and some sabs.

fetlock

Visit site
As a parent, though, I am free to choose who teaches my children. Especially if I am paying private school fees. I would walk from such a culture and take my children with me, leaving the school to sort it out.

Still the big IF it is the widely touted name.

Pics for this person show someone with very short hair. Maybe the pics are old and the hair's since grown by about a foot.. or they're targeting the wrong person. I'm favouring the latter of the two as normally, as you age, your hair/hairstyle gets shorter, not longer.

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
But animal abuse would flag on an enchanced DBS check anyway wouldn't it? Which they have to do I think annually (can't remember)?

Any offence (including cautions) will come up on an enhanced DBS. But there's no requirement for the school to do them annually; schools used to do it every three years but many don't carry out routine DBS for staff who have been with them for some time.

Even then, it's not the sort of thing that would mean an automatic dismissal - these tend to be offences related directly to children & young people.
I've seen two names doing the rounds and apparently they both work in schools?
It would certainly be a tricky case for a school to deal with.

Backtoblack

Visit site
It's funny how entitled human beings can be. The fact that horses let us ride them at all is an absolute privilege, there is nothing more humbling to me than being in the presence of a horse.

I'm quite saddened by the amount of people saying that what she did wasn't that bad or somehow suggesting that she was provoked. The horse was quiet as a lamb. I hope that the horse is seized and re-homed to someone who will never lay a hand on it like that vile woman did.
Totally agree

palo1

Visit site
Anybody doing that to any horses at my yard would be given immediate notice; THEN I'd kick the cr@p out of them and hammer their head with fisticuffs to see how they liked it.

Then she'll wonder why her horse won't be caught in future and why it won't load. Poor horse deserves a better owner than this.

What I find truly astounding is that these very people who want their Sport to continue really do seem hell-bent on exhibiting the very behaviour that will attract the wrong sort of attention and heap even more disgrace on hunting then there already is right now, sadly.

Personally whilst I'm no fan of the RSPCA I would be glad if they'd throw the book at this vile apology for a person. Nasty bad tempered woman!

Really???!! I don't think the pony was injured - upset, yes and very badly treated but you would really 'kick the cr@p out of them and hammer their head with fisticuffs...'

Not sure that is proportionate tbh...

Backtoblack

Visit site
Pics for this person show someone with very short hair. Maybe the pics are old and the hair's since grown by about a foot.. or they're targeting the wrong person. I'm favouring the latter of the two as normally, as you age, your hair/hairstyle gets shorter, not longer.
I have much longer hair now I'm old it was shorter years ago, so the hair thing doesn't always follow.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Really???!! I don't think the pony was injured - upset, yes and very badly treated but you would really 'kick the cr@p out of them and hammer their head with fisticuffs...'

Not sure that is proportionate tbh...

Sorry but I disagree; yes I damn well WOULD lay into anyone I saw treating a horse like that!! There is no justification, ever, for treating any animal like that.

Backtoblack

Visit site

Hear hear

palo1

Visit site
Sorry but I disagree; yes I damn well WOULD lay into anyone I saw treating a horse like that!! There is no justification, ever, for treating any animal like that.

If that behaviour is unjustifiable why on earth would you enact that same behaviour on a person? Surely there can't be a justification for that either? Hey ho, different strokes.

palo1

Visit site
I wonder how many schools will be inundated with enquiries tomorrow or in the next few days as to whether any of the teachers have pets/stock/animals and if so how can they be sure that none of those animals are ever poorly treated?

Flame_

Visit site

My horses bite each other's heads for a laugh harder than she hit that horse. And yes they throw their heads up with their eyes shut for a second like its the end of the world, then they mess about again and go and eat. What she did was bad horsemanship but it's being blown way out of proportion.

Backtoblack

Visit site
If that behaviour is unjustifiable why on earth would you enact that same behaviour on a person? Surely there can't be a justification for that either? Hey ho, different strokes.
Because the horse is a defenceless animal at the mercy of its handlers and anyone condoning cruelty to it is not worthy of decent treatment, people can choose the poor horse can't .

palo1

Visit site
There are plenty of curlew around here thanks Palo, they don't seem to need any extra help from me. There were at least as many, possibly more, before someone killed the magpie and buzzards.

That is good news about the curlew on your ground but every single curlew does need help at the moment. Their breeding success is catastrophically diminished and they are truly on the edge of survival in the UK. There are a load of different threats to them. I very much hope yours continue to survive and thrive.

meleeka

Visit site
My horses bite each other's heads for a laugh harder than she hit that horse. And yes they throw their heads up with their eyes shut for a second like its the end of the world, then they mess about again and go and eat. What she did was bad horsemanship but it's being blown way out of proportion.
It’s abuse.

palo1

Visit site
Because the horse is a defenceless animal at the mercy of its handlers and anyone condoning cruelty to it is not worthy of decent treatment, people can choose the poor horse can't .

No one is defending the abuser - just discussing on that post whether beating the cr@p out of someone else is appropriate. Of course horses can't choose - their life is a lottery and it is absolutely a privelege to handle a horse or other animal. I don't imagine this individual would 'condone' cruelty - she couldn't control herself which is totally out of order but I bet she is very well aware of how poor her actions were.

SO1

Visit site
More violence is never the answer to these sort of problems.

I expect being what is happening to her at the moment and the damage to her career and reputation by videos being shared via the press it is even the guardian now - is probably worse than being punched and kicked by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.