Info needed - Livery gone bad

Apizz2019

Visit site
Jesus. :( I am so sorry for you and any other person that has had or is having to go through this. I cannot even imagine how awful it must be.

This needs to stop. We are all in this together. I am not near Northants but if there is anything I can do, I am willing to do so if it will help.

Thank you - you're a gem ❤️

Apizz2019

Visit site
I am not far from Northants and always have a space in my private, not overlooked fields behind my house if needed, even if in the middle of the night. I also have a lorry.

Thanks so much ❤️ That's very kind and if needed, I'm sure she would take you up on that.

Everyone has been so lovely and helpful, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Further update.. ...

He wasn't arrested, sadly, but the police did call to invite him in for a voluntary interview.

Not more than an hour after he spoke with the police, he visited a garage where my friend had work done on her lorry, for the second time, and confirmed what we suspected.... in that he has grand delusions of a romance with my friend.

The police were called again and have finally taken a statement from my friend, and others he has visited, but still no arrest, just the voluntary interview which is confirmed for this coming week.

It beggars belief that this individual not more than an hour after speaking with the police, again ignored what the police had told him. It further beggars belief that he wasn't arrested as, for the second time in less than a week, he'd done exactly the opposite of what the police had told him.

I hope he shows for the voluntary interview and this matter is put to bed swiftly, although I can't say I'm feeling too positive about this happening, given there are clearly no immediate repercussions for harrassment /stalking....and he knows this!

Apizz2019

Visit site
Thanks all - my friend is considering how to move forward and what to do.

We're hoping today marks the end of this nightmare! Everything crossed! ??

But the police do need act, that's the frustrating part. I know they're stretched and up against it and I guess to a certain extent, have to 'pick and choose' what they deal with and what is a priority.

My concern is that he's been allowed to get away with this twice now, with no repercussions and no action from the police, despite them telling him, and my friend, otherwise.

I'll keep you updated.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Does your local police force have a fb page, lots do? I’d be posting on there, nothing like a bit of exposure to get things moving……

They do but I don't think my friend wants to make a song and dance about it on social media.

She's very worried that public exposure may tip this individual over the edge.

I'd say he's already over the edge, based on his behaviour......

Apizz2019

Visit site
I give up!

He's been for his voluntary interview and has basically spun a yarn to say that he's chasing her for monies owed. The police believe him and have told my friend as much.

They've also advised there isn't enough evidence to do anything about his behaviour and the harrassment thus far.

This man also asked if he is allowed to visit my friends place of work if he has business there, to which they've said yes!

He has no business there!

I'm flabbergasted!

She is making a formal complaint today.

I have no words.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I give up!

He's been for his voluntary interview and has basically spun a yarn to say that he's chasing her for monies owed. The police believe him and have told my friend as much.

They've also advised there isn't enough evidence to do anything about his behaviour and the harrassment thus far.

This man also asked if he is allowed to visit my friends place of work if he has business there, to which they've said yes!

He has no business there!

I'm flabbergasted!

She is making a formal complaint today.

I have no words.

Sadly I expected he would come up with something plausible to the Police. This type of person will manipulate and twist anything. Your friend needs to document absolutely every interaction with him the more evidence the better. Does she have a Gopro or similar that she could wear as a body cam ready to be switched on if she spots him nearby??

Leandy

Visit site
Absolutely complain, complain, complain until they take more notice. In your friend's situation, I would also consider taking my own legal advice from a solicitor. Harassment etc is not just a criminal issue but also a civil issue and you can take your own action to get a court order if the police will not act. This can be done very quickly if need be. The police are also more likely to take your friend seriously if she has a lawyer acting for her. It is a shame if she has to do this at her own expense but it may give her peace of mind and help her feel more in control of the situation.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
The police are useless. It’s becoming more and more obvious in this country. Women die but they don’t give two flying f@£k$ about it. Policemen murder women and they just squirm and deflect.

I have friends who are police officers and I mean them no personal disrespect however the system is severely broken. I’d just be taking matters in to my own hands and spin a yarn of my own. Oh mr officer he walked into the room as I was swinging my baseball bat/golf club practicing. Shame I knocked his block off but it was just an accident ???

In all seriousness a restraining order may be the way to go. Then he cannot visit work home yard etc if one could be obtained. But I’d be going to the papers and blowing it all up and citing that poor young woman who was killed so recently. The Police hate bad press.

Last edited:

misst

Visit site
I have just caught up with this!! I am not especially surprised - shortstaffing or no it is just beyond the pale that they will do nothing. The man is obviously plausable and confident which is of course why this keeps happening. It is not because the victims are stupid it is because he just crafty and manipulative way above the "norm".
I have nothing to add to help but sending deep sympathy to all victims of this sort of thing and hoping your friend is able to find someone to listen very soon.