Is anyone else not entirely convinced by the Horse Hoarders plight?

Patterdale

Visit site
Good Lord......those pictures are HORRIFIC.

That poor, poor mare with the broken leg.

Whatever 'issues' this man may have, I'm afraid there are NO excuses for that. Those dead ones must have been there for a good while.

And people are giving money to this man so he can KEEP his horses!?

I notice Debbie has gone quiet since that link surfaced.....

coralwings20

Visit site
sorry, didnt mean to upset anyonebut this needs to be stopped & NOW! people need to stop buying/donating. but couldntpost this on their fb page as would obviously be deleted.

coralwings20

Visit site
also, post on from the cousin of the owner of the land stating that clwyd is wanted off of the property - another post slating this forum post. people dont like truth :'(

ISHmad

Visit site
Could the RSPCA verify they were his horses at his previous dwelling? As the poster on here who was taken there said they reported him to them.

And also, have those images been forwarded to Channel 4? Sod follow up programmes about Clwyd skipping off into the sunset, they need to see the other side of things. The FB page has been driving people to e mail C4 for follow up shows.

More publicity, more donations for the non registered Charitys PayPal account? I don't doubt Clwyd needs support for his mental and emotional health. But this needs to be got under control now and people need to see the whole picture not just as portrayed on TV.

RIP all the horses who passed in his hands

Moomin1

Visit site
This is exactly why the press need stopping. The biased crap that they come out with could cause untold suffering. The media stinks.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
This is exactly why the press need stopping. The biased crap that they come out with could cause untold suffering. The media stinks.

now don't faint;) but i agree with you Moomin!!
in this case a neglectful owner has been portrayed as a lovable lost soul and countless people have parted with hard earned cash to support him:(
I like to try and not judge and take people as i find them but in this case the real picture is much worse than i think any of us were imagining.
I may not like the rspca and how they sometimes act but channel 4 has pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes in this case:mad:

lula

Visit site
unbelievable

there are still posters on the fb page turning them inside out to try to justify the pictures on the recent link posted

'that was 5 years ago

'he''s moved properties since then'

' the chestnuts look ok - (as in not deformed, injured or dead i assume he means)

it really sickens me that they're shown a half hour edited program of someone's life they decide they like him so will defend his deeds to the death.

so hypocritical when similar people's actions they will turn into a baying mob for horse abuse like this yet because they think they know him and he's 'sweet' its blindly defended.

people make me want to hurl sometimes, especially the blindly following facebook non thinking for themselves keyboard fb mobs

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
Oh jeez, I don't think I'll ever get that grey mare's face out of my head. Such kind eyes and an honest face, and she's like that. I think it needs verifying that it is definately him, and if so needs sending to CH4 and he needs to be banned for life.

Moomin, you might be able to answer this, what does one have to do to be banned from keeping horses for life by any welfare organisation- as if this isn't enough, then what the hell is? (Only asking you as I'm guessing you work in this area and I'm interested to know) So sad poor, poor horses.

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
unbelievable

there are still posters on the fb page turning them inside out to try to justify the pictures on the recent link posted

'that was 5 years ago

'he''s moved properties since then'

' the chestnuts look ok - (as in not deformed, injured or dead i assume he means)

it really sickens me that they're shown a half hour edited program of someone's life they decide they like him so will defend his deeds to the death.

so hypocritical when similar people's actions they will turn into a baying mob for horse abuse like this yet because they think they know him and he's 'sweet' its blindly defended.

people make me want to hurl sometimes, especially the blindly following facebook non thinking for themselves keyboard fb mobs

I don't see how horse lovers can defend that, ever. :mad:

guesstimation

Visit site
If they are as said it's just sickening and more proof what idiots people are jumping on something based on a tv programme and not looking into it further first. Problem is if this proves to be his horses people will still carry on to save face

guesstimation

Visit site
I'm not all for the rspca with the loading still but I've also not been against them pointing out if they'd done nothing they'd be uproar, imagine if those photos we're put about saying we saw this suffering rang rspca they did nothing they'd be outrage and that would be a reasonable response!

Moomin1

Visit site
The rspca will usually ask for a ban on all animals in any prosecution they take where someone has been found guilty of causing suffering. The outcome of that however is so varied between different magistrates that it boggles the mind. Sadly, there are some shocking cases which magistrates don't feel the need to impose a ban, and by the same token some have imposed a ban on fairly minor stuff. :-( . That being said, there are some fantastic outcomes and most of the time are more than satisfactory

horsesatemymoney

Visit site
The rspca will usually ask for a ban on all animals in any prosecution they take where someone has been found guilty of causing suffering. The outcome of that however is so varied between different magistrates that it boggles the mind. Sadly, there are some shocking cases which magistrates don't feel the need to impose a ban, and by the same token some have imposed a ban on fairly minor stuff. :-( . That being said, there are some fantastic outcomes and most of the time are more than satisfactory

I wonder why they didn't take them when they saw this, or is it likely to be the magistrate? I know in the programme, they kept referring to things being bad before, but now it had been addressed- I don't think I knew what bad was until I saw those pictures :mad: