I've just killed a pony

Marydoll

Visit site
Poor Amymay, she has certainly taken a bashing on here tonight and the livery yard mentality has shown itself in some members. A dreadful accident happened and awful for the OP, having said that the title of the thread is emotive and clearly the OP is wanting the replies that tell her she has obviously not killed her pony. I don't think Amymays response warrants the vitriole that has occured on this forum tonight. In fact if I was grieving for the loss of a horse or pony the last thing I would want is the ((hugs)) from complete strangers, I think I would be otherwise occupied. I also agree with Amymay.......give a horse enough rope and it will hang itself.

For some people talking on here may be their only release,she may be struggling to talk with an upset family.
And your right the livery yard mentality has come out with you clearly participating, dont throw rocks when youre lobbing a brick yourself.

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.2) The garden was used to produce produce.3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.4) We must polish the Polish furniture.5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.6) The soldier decided to desert his post in the desert.7) Santa is ready to present the present.8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.10) I did not object to the object.11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Damn posted too soon haha!!
The point of the above is that what amymay has said can be taken and read in very different ways..

Not defending her just thought it might be useful, in the fact that things can be very different.

If that makes any sense?

Op sorry about the little pony we cant predict the future and what you did was so harmless. Im really sorry for you xx

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Thought of a better way to say this... something can be in black and white bit the meanimg can be lost with the way you say it...

Hmm probably talking a load of rubbish .. sorry very long day!! Lol

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I never normally get involved in thread like this but anyway -
firstly, OP, hope you are beginning to get over the horrible shock. I really feel for you.

Damn posted too soon haha!!
The point of the above is that what amymay has said can be taken and read in very different ways..

Not defending her just thought it might be useful, in the fact that things can be very different.

If that makes any sense?

BYH yes it makes sense and it's always hard when reading the written word. We all read things with our own inner voice and it's easy to get things misconstrued.
However, Amymay is an experienced member of this board and no fool :). I felt surprised that she didn't appear to consider how her response would appear to a person in shock who is hurting.

I know personally the first comment left me cold.

So sorry again OP, sadly things like that just happen sometimes. Be kind to yourself.

katherinef

Visit site
Please don't be too hard on yourself. This sounds just like one of those horrid freak accidents that can happen with horses. You shouldn't blame yourself.

JFTDWS

Visit site
So we have an accord!!??!! Sorry just watched all the Pirates of the Carribean films :D, long lies rule :)

We can have as many cords as you like. Never limit yourself to just one :D

(it's late and I'm not sure I'm capable of coherent posting anymore so I'd better wish you g'night :) )

apologies for thread hijack, OP, in hindsight, probably a poor choice of thread to have a silly chat on.

maxapple

Visit site
Poor you. Hope you are ok.

Accidents just happen.

My horse broke his leg in the field - no one saw it and no idea what happened. These things just happen sometimes x

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It's always been drummed in to me, and those I know, that you never leave a horse that is tied up unattended - because as many of you rightly point out accidents do happen.

It is the hardest lesson for any of us to learn when our actions have most likely caused or contributed to an injury, or worse, of our horse or pony. And we can learn everyday through our own mistakes, and those of others.

I am truly sorry op that you lost your pony through such a tragic accident. And hope those of you who dismiss what happened as a mere accident can perhaps take something from the situation (as I was forced too many yeasrs ago). Considering, as we all can, how to minimise the risks of those awful accidents happening.

Dukey

Visit site
So awful :( I hope you're ok, unfortunately it's one of those things. I will always remember a girl following me over a jump (tiger trap) out hunting her horse dropped a leg in the middle. The leg just hung there, poor girl was crying that she killed her horse I even went home feeling guilty, these accidents happen around horses :( take care xxx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
And Ladyt25, I did indeed have a wonderful big grey horse, who I was very nervous about doing fast work with when I first got him. He was big, strong and breakless. I couldn't hunt him, because he was too strong, and was really a man's horse.

But, we've been over this before (and I commend you on your memory).

PolarSkye

Visit site
First of all....may I offer my sincere condolences.....I cannot begin to imagine what you must be going through...

However.... I would hope you might take some comfort from the fact that if there was no obvious sign of trauma....the little boy may possibly already have had a hairline fracture of the hock....which could have manifested itself at any time.....but did so coincidentally when you tied him to the fence in the nice long grass....

You found him with his injury......and you did the right, kind and loving thing by him.....so I don't believe you did kill your pony......he was just a tragic victim of an unforseen circumstance....

Wishing you all the best.

Bryndu

Perfectly put Bryndu . . . and big hugs SF.

P

cptrayes

Visit site
It's always been drummed in to me, and those I know, that you never leave a horse that is tied up unattended - because as many of you rightly point out accidents do happen.

It is the hardest lesson for any of us to learn when our actions have most likely caused or contributed to an injury, or worse, of our horse or pony. And we can learn everyday through our own mistakes, and those of others.

I am truly sorry op that you lost your pony through such a tragic accident. And hope those of you who dismiss what happened as a mere accident can perhaps take something from the situation (as I was forced too many yeasrs ago). Considering, as we all can, how to minimise the risks of those awful accidents happening.

Oh Amymay, did you have to? Even I wouldn't have written your first post never mind this one.

Rebels

Visit site
Rationally put over AmyMay. Obviously going to upset people due to time and thread content but nothing we can really argue with bar introducing a little more allowance for others sense of sadness.