One last evening, my beautiful boy Torres

Michen

Visit site
Final post on my kind, sweet little racehorse but I had to share these. Some photos from today- I warn you now theres lots! I have to say seeing him playing around in the field made me doubt my decision, but the reality afterwards where his knees aren't locking properly and he's shifting his weight every minute to try and get comfortable says it all really. Not actually sure I will EVER stop sobbing!

Run free my gorgeous boy, I will miss you forever xxxxxxxx

Trying to make him look like less of a feral field pony

attachment.php

Will he deck me...?

attachment.php

Of course he won't

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then knocking me over...

attachment.php

Squint sorry!

attachment.php

My two boys

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Think this is my favourite

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

xxxx

Fun Times

Visit site
This horse was lucky to find you. I am sorry he brought you such heartache and sadness, but you brought him such love, care and relief. It is a very sad story which I have followed from the outset and I am so sorry for the way it has ended, but you made the right choice for Torres. X

sula

Visit site
Aww, lovely, this is heartbreaking. There`s nothing to say except my thoughts are with you and will be tomorrow. Massive hugs to you. Sob as much as you need to. More hugs

QueenDee_

Visit site
Beautiful photos, a lovely last evening. From your posts I don't think he could have asked for a more dedicated and caring person to end up with, I am sorry your journey together didn't have a happier ending but remember to reflect on the happiness you had with him along the way.

Ladyinred

Visit site
If you have nothing else then you have beautiful memories in these pictures. You are being very brave and unselfish.. thank you for sharing the photos with us. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, give yourself some special time after it's over

Ali27

Visit site
He was so lucky to have found you! You have done absolutely everything possible for him! Thinking of you as I know how hard this must be xxxx

Notimetoride

Visit site
I went through exactly the same a few months ago. Took the afternoon off work to spend some time with him and took hundreds of pics, and cried buckets. What a horrible horrible situation. I really do feel your pain - my heart goes out to you. xxxxxx

PolarSkye

Visit site
These are lovely - and so are you. Torres knows how loved he is - he has no idea what tomorrow brings - you are unbelievably courageous to let him go while he still looks so well and feels happy, secure and loved. I will be thinking of you tomorrow - really - all day long - you are amazingly brave and loving.

You are doing him proud.

P

DunDally

Visit site
Have not commented before but I have followed your story with Torres. My heart aches for you and the decision you have had to make but never doubt that it is the right one. Will be thinking of you both tomorrow <hugs>

Fools Motto

Visit site
Can't read without posting.
Such lovely photos of a clearly loved horse. I weep for you. Bless Torres, I will be another with you all in my thoughts tonight and tomorrow. xx

Boxers

Visit site
Huge hugs for you and Torres tomorrow.

It is almost 2 years now since my boy was pts and I think of him often, question the choice I made, but in my heart it was the right one, and yours is too. You are giving him a gift. The gift of pain free freedom. X

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I'm so sorry for you. He's a very lucky boy to of found you, and I'm sure he'll be grateful of what you're doing for him. Well done you for being brave, and getting him go dignified and happy. I know it may not seem like it, but you are very lucky that you can make that final decision for him, rather than having to make it in a hurry. We recently had to let our beloved cat go to Rainbow Bridge, and it was so sudden and very much out of the blue. I'd give anything to of let her go more dignified and been more prepared for her passing.

Sending lots of hugs, think of the happy times you had, and the times when he made you smile.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

<<<<HUGS>>>> xx

texas

Visit site
Beautiful photos. You should be proud of yourself for everything you are doing for him. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Michen they are beautiful pictures. Torres is a gorgeous horse but I do think you've made the only decision that you can and it's in his best interests although it will be horrendous for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lovely photos and actually this is a story of an owner who loved her handsome horse enough to put his needs first. I'll be thinking of you both.

Absolutely this. They are beautiful pictures and I hope in time you will be able to look at them and smile. Thinking of you tomorrow.