Please please sign

Renvers

Visit site
You mention that this woman has set up CCTV, is it all on her own property? Does it record people using the lane? If she is recording people on the public highway (disputed or otherwise) she has to abide by Data protection laws and GDPR (I used to work on GDPR implementation so I have read the book too many times :D ).

Anyway she has a responsibility regarding the privacy of others and you may want look into this as another aspect of your campaign to reclaim the land for its proper use

exracehorse

Visit site
You mention that this woman has set up CCTV, is it all on her own property? Does it record people using the lane? If she is recording people on the public highway (disputed or otherwise) she has to abide by Data protection laws and GDPR (I used to work on GDPR implementation so I have read the book too many times :D ).

Anyway she has a responsibility regarding the privacy of others and you may want look into this as another aspect of your campaign to reclaim the land for its proper use
. Yes. Your correct. They do point and record passers by. It was pointed out on a Facebook post. https://www.facebook.com/groups/51467813397/permalink/10159304737133398/

exracehorse

Visit site
This link takes you to the BHS access information page https://www.bhs.org.uk/our-work/access/reporting-a-problem If you go to your regional page on their website, you can find the email for your regional access officer. They are definitely worth contacting for support.
. Thank You. So much. I’ll
Send to Laura. She’s on the case. The owner even went to Laura house after calling her the C word after she had hi lift her dog over the locked gate. We have video evidence.

Kat

Visit site
People need to report any threatening or intimidating behaviour to the police, every time it happens (even if it doesn't generate action a record is important).

How do you know what she is filming? Does she tell people she has them on CCTV? If so I would be making a subject access request for the footage showing you on dates where she has been aggressive towards you. You can then use it as evidence of her behaviour or if she doesn't provide the information you can report her to the information commissioner.

Renvers

Visit site
. Yes. Your correct. They do point and record passers by. It was pointed out on a Facebook post. https://www.facebook.com/groups/51467813397/permalink/10159304737133398/

This link might help you to consider what issues this may present for users of the area and if anyone wants to make an SAR - to see any footage that may relate to them... although each request might be quite time consuming for her to respond to but she will have to comply or face sanction from the ICO

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/

scats

Visit site
Hope you are able to get it sorted. People are very odd aren’t they? We have two access points to our farm. One is at the end of a quiet residential street and we have a gate on it as it leads straight onto grazing fields. The other is the lane we use. Neighbour in house at the end of residential street uses the gated bit as a car park. He leaves his drive empty and parks his car so it blocks our gates. YO let it go for a while, but we needed access to get some vehicles to the electrical box, plus she decided if we didn’t start using it, we would lose our right of access. Turned out that Mr neighbour had stuck super glue in the lock and was very, very unhappy that we now wanted access as it meant he would have to park on his own driveway. He had previously moaned about the noise of the horses in the field adjacent to his garden, too.
He still parks blocking the gate, but we open it and can squeeze the horses past and if we need access for a vehicle, we go and knock on his door. The frustrating thing is he has a driveway that he prefers to leave empty. He made a snotty comment last night as I rode past him.
The part that does amuse me is that YO is often approached by people wanting to buy that land for building houses, and the access point would be past that blokes house... he’d have a lot more to moan about with a housing estate and 200 cars going past his house everyday! You’d think a horse or two a couple of times a week wouldn’t be all that bad really.

exracehorse

Visit site
This link might help you to consider what issues this may present for users of the area and if anyone wants to make an SAR - to see any footage that may relate to them... although each request might be quite time consuming for her to respond to but she will have to comply or face sanction from the ICO

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/
spoke to Laura. Apparently Michelle the owner has a month to provide footage ? Or be fined.

exracehorse

Visit site
spoke to Laura. Apparently Michelle the owner has a month to provide footage ? Or be fined.
Just an update for you all.
The gate is still locked and the owners of Crab Hill Cottage have placed a CCTV camera pointing at the gate and therefore on a public footpath.

The occupants of Crab Cottage will have to adhere by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA18)

They will need to ensure the use of CCTV complies with these laws.

This law is already being broken as no CCTV signage is visible

The occupants are subject to access requests (SARs), if they receive any. Individuals have a right to access the personal data you hold about them, including identifiable images. They can ask you verbally or in writing. You must respond within one month and give them a copy of the data.
So if you walk this path it would be a good idea to ask for a SARs request in writing from the occupants of Crab Hill Cottage verbally or in writing. If you hear nothing within a month you can inform the ICO who will look in to the non compliance of the data protection act.

exracehorse

Visit site
All kicked off today. Press came and took photos of horse riders and walkers. Michelle complained to the paper Suffolk free press that age should have been informed. She wasn’t there. But her cctv showed us going past her house. She says her teenage children. The ones that use the Lane for their off road dirt bikes were traumatised and in fear of the mob. The mob was three horses and four women. Plus a dog. We were not in her land. Just hoping paper still print tomorrow. She’s now made home made private signs. Mad as a box of frogs. And quite dangerous. C9D9B2FF-17EE-4DB8-9173-1A69ED5300C4.jpeg95359D3F-20EF-4C18-B9F0-CF57F1ECB903.jpeg

Velcrobum

Visit site
Log it all and send to the council preferably with an individual copy to each councillor that sits on the relevant committee. I did that after speaking at a council planning meeting against a planning proposal, subsequently getting a solicitors letter accusing me of perjury. All the facts and figures I had quoted had come from reports made supporting the proposal. I had kept a copy of my speech so I included that with a breakdown of where and what page each fact and figure quoted had come from. It got chucked out but he managed to get it eventually but it cost him a great deal of money and 3 years. It went to the planning inspector who had to allow it as the council made a mistake in their paperwork. Collect as much information as you can in writing and photographic it all helps.

Velcrobum

Visit site
I can see why she wants the lane blocked now. I envisaged it going by the side of her house but it actually goes straight past her frontage. Stupid woman, she is obviously deranged and more more than a little delusional. Keep up the pressure.

She was told by the vendor the lane was extensively used by walkers horse riders and cyclists so it was not a surprise!!
We had a very similar cottage which had a footpath in front of it and our front door opened onto it. We also knew it was well used by the locals so we put a bench and dog water out, it was well received and enabled some of the older residents to take longer walks as they had somewhere to take a rest. It is called community spirit which this woman obviously has none of despite heading up the residents association!!!!!
P.S. We never bothered to use the front door just the kitchen door which was closer to the parking space at the side.

Velcrobum

Visit site
She is indeed trying for a land grab however it takes many years of exclusive use which I doubt will happen as the users of said access are determined to regain it. Sticking up Private notices has no bearing in law unless you own the land and can prove trespass which is a civil matter anyway. It has been suggested someone joins the BHS to get help in this matter. They have a wealth of knowledge know all the ins and outs of retaining long established routes and have been very successful in other attempts by people to block, close, acquire access routes.

Use the document already produced for objecting to a housing development which clearly shows the alternative route is not suitable for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.

With an up-coming council meeting getting BHS Access Officers on board will help enormously, you all have a very strong case to retain this as a historical route.

With respect to the cameras she is breaking the law by not declaring them ie signage. Are the various cameras on her property which she is entitled to do with the correct signage. If not she has not try to find who owns the land and does she have permission? If you have a co-hesive group take it in turns to request details of footage (SAR) if not forthcoming make a formal complaint to the IOC. If multiple people request SAR's and if necessary complain to IOC it would be come across as a general problem rather than a personal one to one issue.

She might be as mad as a box of frogs but at the end of the day she has to obey the laws currently in use, if it can be shown she is wilfully doing what she wants for personal gain she could end up in a heap of trouble.

exracehorse

Visit site
That doesn't look like a land registry title plan.
I’m not sure .. Laura had to pay out to get it on line from land registry. Or something like that. Cost about 20 pounds. Michelle admitted on camera that it wasn’t her lane. But doesn’t want anyone walking it. There is a second camera up now so if you go up the lane and get to the gate .. before her house .. it records you. She has been served a 30 day to give all footage or will be fined. The Suffolk Free Press are definitely running an article tomorrow. Owner has been ranting all afternoon to the editor. Blown a gasket. Someone has posted on local Facebook that they ‘got through’ the locked gates. Wonder if they cut with bolt cutters. They will be on camera though.