Please please sign

exracehorse

Visit site
Just an update. Council sat yesterday and they have all agreed it should be made a byway that includes horse riders. The old bat said that she saw a newt in her garden so no one should be allowed to walk past ?. Anyway .. she can appeal. And if so .. it may drag on. But at least it’s gone in the right direction. Two years we have been blocked from riding down the lane. Can’t wait until
That gate, which is now padlocked, is removed.

exracehorse

Visit site
In an email dated 12 April 2021 Mrs Barker-Knott advised that in the past week they had seen three Great Crested Newt Triturus in their garden and believed their pond was a nesting ground. They had an expert coming to carry out a site assessment and she felt this may have a bearing on the decision as the close proximity of their pond to a public right of way may endanger this species.

GreyMane

Visit site
Hooray!!! So pleased for you, hope the appeal is thrown out.
If she's really got newts on her land then surely she'll be the one having her actions scrutinised, is it possible she's just made trouble for herself in claiming this? Has she had a proper ecological survey done by a professional? To say "believed their pond was a nesting ground" doesn't sound proven.
PS I believe old bats are even more protected than newts. More's the pity. ?

millikins

Visit site
In an email dated 12 April 2021 Mrs Barker-Knott advised that in the past week they had seen three Great Crested Newt Triturus in their garden and believed their pond was a nesting ground. They had an expert coming to carry out a site assessment and she felt this may have a bearing on the decision as the close proximity of their pond to a public right of way may endanger this species.

Pretty desperate, she may have great crested newts in her pond but it's unlikely they'll be wandering over this track in broad daylight.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Buying great crested newts is a known planning ruse, she's desperate, isn't she? I hope you win.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CF0QAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw2VcJ04EZdulAobTySGeyJT

J&S

Visit site
I have known of a whole housing estate being blocked because of newts! However, in that situation it was a deserving case to preserve a lovely area of natural common land. Good luck, I hope you get your track back.

Sealine

Visit site
I think she's clutching at straws with the newts. No one is suggested the pond is removed. You only want to use a track that's already there. Good luck, I hope you get the right outcome.

exracehorse

Visit site
Just an update. Gates still in situ. On Sunday I hacked past and my friend got off Joker to open the gate. Michelle came flying out of her house. Cameras everywhere. She tried to block and then slammed gate on his side. Council have told us to keep using the lane as it’s not hers. But I rarely do now as it’s a horrid experience. But it’s a nice one to do in the winter. Anyway .. signs of a DMMO went up today. Which is fabulous news. Michelle immediately ripped them off!

Attachments

• FFC335E1-70AC-44B2-B253-28DE5B99DC79.jpeg
    FFC335E1-70AC-44B2-B253-28DE5B99DC79.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 94

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Just an update. Gates still in situ. On Sunday I hacked past and my friend got off Joker to open the gate. Michelle came flying out of her house. Cameras everywhere. She tried to block and then slammed gate on his side. Council have told us to keep using the lane as it’s not hers. But I rarely do now as it’s a horrid experience. But it’s a nice one to do in the winter. Anyway .. signs of a DMMO went up today. Which is fabulous news. Michelle immediately ripped them off!

Sounds like a ‘still’ hideous situation.
What’s a DMMO?

Has your friend reported the assault to the police and council?

exracehorse

Visit site
Sounds like a ‘still’ hideous situation.
What’s a DMMO?

Has your friend reported the assault to the police and council?
Definitive Map Modification Order. It’s to make the public aware that the ancient lane will be officially put on the register and given a title. As a Registered Byway. If there are any complaints …. And there will only be one … the owner…. Then it may go to the Bristol council.

Ratface

Visit site
Having read through the whole saga, it would seem that the owner of Crab (!) Cottage is not going to change her hateful and aggressive ways.
As previous posters have suggested, I can only suggest a steady and regular incursion of people, using legal transport, past her home. She's the cause of her decaying pleasure in living in such a lovely place.
I'm sure singing, practicing Morris dancing, handbell ringing and other rural pursuits will only add to the charms of her occupancy.