Potential New Horse Thread - Vetting Today!

Sealine

Visit site
What a super boy 😍 He's really got it all. Just my type - chunky, compact, great mover, a kind eye and lovely big ears. Please share your journey with him on the forum. 🙏

I love Fergus for a name. I work with a great guy named Fergus and we shorten it to Ferg.

mossycup

Visit site
He is LOVELY. Adam always seems to have these gorgeous Irish types in....I think I might have to do the same as you one day!

Name wise, I'd be thinking....

Hamish
Hector
Fergus
Dougal
Mac
Rob
Dermot
Harry

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
What a super boy 😍 He's really got it all. Just my type - chunky, compact, great mover, a kind eye and lovely big ears. Please share your journey with him on the forum. 🙏

I love Fergus for a name. I work with a great guy named Fergus and we shorten it to Ferg.

Thank you! I definitely think Fergus is up there, as I also like Ferg as a shortened version too. My dad suggested Guinness which I don't hate.

I love the irish names which have been mentioned too but I'm not sure I can sign up for 25+ years of 'how do you pronounce that'.. I have had 28 years of it with my own name!

He is LOVELY. Adam always seems to have these gorgeous Irish types in....I think I might have to do the same as you one day!

Name wise, I'd be thinking....

Hamish
Hector
Fergus
Dougal
Mac
Rob
Dermot
Harry

He does! His posts have been cropping up on my Facebook and he has another gorgeous ID youngster for sale now too, and a nicely put together cob.. I'll have to unfollow before I end up with two!

JBM

Visit site
Thank you! I definitely think Fergus is up there, as I also like Ferg as a shortened version too. My dad suggested Guinness which I don't hate.

I love the irish names which have been mentioned too but I'm not sure I can sign up for 25+ years of 'how do you pronounce that'.. I have had 28 years of it with my own name!

He does! His posts have been cropping up on my Facebook and he has another gorgeous ID youngster for sale now too, and a nicely put together cob.. I'll have to unfollow before I end up with two!
Be cheaper getting them transported together 😂

ArklePig

Visit site
Congrats on your new boy! He is stunning. Hope you have many happy years today, do keep us updated ❤️
How about Shay or Darragh for name?

Did giggle when I saw Lagan Valley Vets mentioned, not for any bad reason only it’s funny to see somewhere local named by someone over in GB. I was only in there on Friday buying a tube of sedalin 🤣

Fodhla got speyed at their Moira clinic just before we brought her home and the next time we drove past she howled her little lungs off, bless her 😂

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He is clear from the Strangles so delivery early next week!! (YO is off to badminton this weekend and wants to be there for herd introductions etc, even though it's DIY at the weekends so totally fair, even if I am inpatient!)

Quick question: when should I pay the balance? Dealer has sent his BACS details and is expecting it now by the looks of it, but I was under the impression it's when the transporter is there to get him? Call me cynical but if I pay now then what happens if, god forbid, he injures himself over the weekend? But then I suppose dealer doesn't want to book/pay for transporter if I haven't yet paid (apart from £300 deposit already paid).

Peglo

Visit site
He is clear from the Strangles so delivery early next week!! (YO is off to badminton this weekend and wants to be there for herd introductions etc, even though it's DIY at the weekends so totally fair, even if I am inpatient!)

Quick question: when should I pay the balance? Dealer has sent his BACS details and is expecting it now by the looks of it, but I was under the impression it's when the transporter is there to get him? Call me cynical but if I pay now then what happens if, god forbid, he injures himself over the weekend? But then I suppose dealer doesn't want to book/pay for transporter if I haven't yet paid (apart from £300 deposit already paid).

I payed mine the evening before transport arrived to pick up.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site

I would pay the night before probably 🙂

Barton Bounty

Visit site
Chatted with him and he does want payment straight away, he says same rule applies to all his sales but he has put in writing that a full refund would be issues should any injuries occur between now and delivery which is something..
A bit nervous about it.
He has a good reputation! Id just do it! 😂

JBM

Visit site
Chatted with him and he does want payment straight away, he says same rule applies to all his sales but he has put in writing that a full refund would be issues should any injuries occur between now and delivery which is something..
A bit nervous about it.
I’ll drive over and knock him with a stick if he does anything wrong!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I’ll drive over and knock him with a stick if he does anything wrong!

Haha! I'll hold you to that! Just paid - feels real now I have seen my new reduced savings balance I can tell you that!! He said he's going to send me some videos of his daily life over the weekend, and him walking up onto the box. Estimated delivery Mon/Tues but he is going to confirm for sure on Saturday.

Barton Bounty

Visit site
Haha! I'll hold you to that! Just paid - feels real now I have seen my new reduced savings balance I can tell you that!! He said he's going to send me some videos of his daily life over the weekend, and him walking up onto the box. Estimated delivery Mon/Tues but he is going to confirm for sure on Saturday.
Ohhhh excitinggggggg 😌

He sounds like a great dealer to be honest and they are few and far between. Dont look at your balance just think of all the happy times he is going to bring you! You cannot buy that 🥰

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
If I had a gelding (which I’m unlikely) I would go with Eddie and full name Let there be Carnage.

I know another horse called Eddie and I am trying my best not to be too superstitious about it but I think I'd prefer an unknown name so I can't wonder if I have named him after a sound horse etc - silly and weird as I'm not a superstitious person! Think it's just the neurotic-ness coming out in me from having had bad luck in the past.

Peglo

Visit site
I know another horse called Eddie and I am trying my best not to be too superstitious about it but I think I'd prefer an unknown name so I can't wonder if I have named him after a sound horse etc - silly and weird as I'm not a superstitious person! Think it's just the neurotic-ness coming out in me from having had bad luck in the past.
I would want an individual name too if I was naming one. And that’s without the superstitions 😂

JBM

Visit site
Oh no problem!! I will enjoy 😂 my friends are 6’4 and 6’5 so if I can’t do the job I’ll buy them Doritos and they’ll do it no bother 🤪😂
But on a better note! He does have a brilliant reputation so I wouldn’t see anything going wrong!