Potential New Horse Thread - Vetting Today!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
'No Name' arrives tomorrow, I am going at lunch time to bed up etc... eeeek! Still not sure what sort of time, he is being collected at 2pm today from Adams, and I assume boat tomorrow? Not sure. Adam doesn't seem to have much info, but I have arranged for the day or a half day off work anyway.

I am really excited.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
So exciting.
I really like the 3yo cob the seller has at the moment. But I'm too afraid to ask for the price in case its affordable... 😂

Oh but you must!! I really liked the look of that cob too, I actually sent the ad to my aunt.. just in case. (I may have asked and sadly but unsurprisingly he's sold - but he does have another black gelding, 15.1hh that would clip out into a super sports cob for £5850, lovely jump on him and a very sweet face!).

I don't actually know where he's crossing but arriving in a 3.5t whereas the transport company looked to have mostly artics, so wouldn't surprise me if stabled overnight over here. He was picked up at 2pm today from Adam's.

Last edited:

JBM

Visit site
Oh but you must!! I really liked the look of that cob too, I actually sent the ad to my aunt.. just in case. (I may have asked and sadly but unsurprisingly he's sold - but he does have another black gelding, 15.1hh that would clip out into a super sports cob for £5850, lovely jump on him and a very sweet face!).

I don't actually know where he's crossing but arriving in a 3.5t whereas the transport company looked to have mostly artics, so wouldn't surprise me if stabled overnight over here. He was picked up at 2pm today from Adam's.
Can’t wait to see the arrival pictures 😍

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
The journey begins (well, it did at 3pm but I have only just got the photo). He looks all front leg here bless him, and actually not as much of a chunk as in some other photos - but I love him already! I'm pleased to see his feet looking much better here than in the original conformation photo.
Apparently walked on the box like it was nothing, which is a great sign as he hasn't loaded since he was a weaned foal! The count down begins!

NoName.png

ETA: I have also lost half a stone since I bought him two weeks ago, another 4 ideally to go. For the first time in years it's actually felt doable, the difference in my state of mind is huge and he isn't even here yet!

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
The journey begins (well, it did at 3pm but I have only just got the photo). He looks all front leg here bless him, and actually not as much of a chunk as in some other photos - but I love him already!
Apparently walked on the box like it was nothing, which is a great sign as he hasn't loaded since he was a weaned foal! The count down begins!

View attachment 113199
Aww i am buzzing for you! ❤️

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
The journey begins (well, it did at 3pm but I have only just got the photo). He looks all front leg here bless him, and actually not as much of a chunk as in some other photos - but I love him already! I'm pleased to see his feet looking much better here than in the original conformation photo.

View attachment 113199

ETA: I have also lost half a stone since I bought him two weeks ago, another 4 ideally to go. For the first time in years it's actually felt doable, the difference in my state of mind is huge and he isn't even here yet!

He's 3? He's going to be a lot more chunky yet! 😍 What a brilliant transporter. The lorry is spotless, they've got bedding down and food. I'll be checking in to see if he's arrived tomorrow, if looks smooth for the ferry today.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He's 3? He's going to be a lot more chunky yet! 😍 What a brilliant transporter. The lorry is spotless, they've got bedding down and food. I'll be checking in to see if he's arrived tomorrow, if looks smooth for the ferry today.

He is also only jusy 3, his birthday was on the 2nd May - Equitrans if anyone needs a recommendation, have been fab with comms and a video of him loading so far too.

DressageCob

Visit site

You shouldn't have told me that...I'm a sucker for a black cob

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He's here!! Time was amended to 9:30 this morning, and they arrived at 10am. I'm thrilled with him, he is still such a baby but everything the dealer said he would be. He decided he wanted off the box with only one door open, but after a journey like that who can blame him! Walked around the corner, into the box, had a wee and started eating munching away. Chucked him out into the field 30 mins later (he will have a friend, just seeing what he's like and who will be the best pair for him), no dramatics, looked at the tractor but not the walker/hanging plants which he walked under/machinery etc, met his neighbours no fuss and had a run around then head down for grass! He even stood in the field with me very patiently while the YM ran tot put the electric on. I'm not all that confident I'll catch him easy, but I'm heading up early just in case - he has a field safe headcollar on, but I think he feels a bit like he's not sure he can trust people at this moment because they keep putting him in boxes for hours! 😂

When the transporter arrived he said 'you've got a highly strung one there' I was thinking oh god, what have I done!! But he's just had a traumatic couple of days so hopefully he gets his feet under the table soon enough. I know they all do in the field, but for a big lad he's got some movement! I'm also happy to see his feet looking a lot better than in the sales photo, Adam did say he would see the farrier before being delivered.

Lots of photos as reqested:

1683715148963.png

1683715216286.png
1683715234353.png
1683715264261.png
1683715289328.png