Recovering from the worst day of my life

Tobiano

Visit site
oh my goodness tobiano1984 I am so shocked and so, so sorry to read this. What a terrible tragedy - your beautiful boy wiped out by an inconsiderate driver. And how dreadful that you were hurt too and couldnt be with him. Absolutely went cold reading your brave post. You must be reliving it over and over again but it is obviously just the most awful awful accident and there was nothing you could have done.

So many hugs for your tears and pain. Rupert was absolutely beautiful and he was lucky to have you to love him. x x x x

TwyfordM

Visit site
I am so so sorry, he was a beautiful lad. Don't beat yourself up over it, or think of the what ifs (hard i know !) Rest up too xx

Achinghips

Visit site
I hope you start to feel a little better soon and I'm so sorry. His pictures are beautiful and demonstrate clearly how much of a bond you both had together. He had a very short life, but your pictures show he could not have had a richer one or one in which he was more cared for and loved. Be gentle with yourself, lean on others as much as you need to, it sounds like you have a good support system to help with your pain and pm if you need to talk .... Hugs x

Luci07

Visit site
So sorry for your awful and unexpected loss and I wish you a speedy recovery as you are obviously in physical pain yourself.

Hard to see how the van can claim he slowed when as he knocked your horse over. I too would be taking legal advice and pursuing the driver plus damages for you as well. I wish you every luck.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
As someone else has said, "there but for the grace of god", it could so easily have been any one of us who has to ride on the roads. Im so so sorry to read this, Rupert looks absolutely stunning and you obviously had a great relationship, a really difficult and emotional time for you. I sincerely hope the driver gets to face the consequences of his actions. Please look after yourself x

hnmisty

Visit site
I've got tears in my eyes just reading that. What happened to you is one of my worst nightmares, I cannot imagine imagine at you must be going through. Sending you the biggest hugs in the whole world. He was an absolutely stunning boy. Rest in peace Rupert.

Tinypony

Visit site
Everyone has said it already, the thing we road riders dread.
Sending you love, even though we're strangers on the internet. Have shed a little tear for you and Rupert. xx

Jericho

Visit site
You poor poor thing! This would be one of my worst nightmares, what an utterly tragic thing to have happened... I hope it will forever haunt the driver who was so thoughtless although that will offer you no comfort at all. RIP Rupert, you must be devastated xx

3Beasties

Visit site
Blimey what a tragic loss of a beautiful boy, I'm so sorry.

Did the van driver stop?

Please take care of yourself xx

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
This is one of the most heart-breaking stories I have ever read on here :( I can only imagine how devastated you must be to lose your most gorgeous boy, he was an absolute stunner. I'm so very sorry - rest in peace Rupert.

cob&onion

Visit site
Devastating, i can't even imagine how hard it must be to lose a horse this way.
Like you said though take comfort he was at home and peaceful when he went :(

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Such a beautiful boy you must be truly devastated. RIP lovely Rupert, you looked like you had an amazing bond and I'm sure he's waiting for you at the other side xxxxx

horseslina

New User
Visit site
The lost of your best friend,the one animal you can always talk to when your out and about,your friend that calms you down and makes the world seem a better place.Your heart will feel heavy now and its an emotional rollacoster but believe me in times to come your be chatting about rupert telling friends funny storys about him,your have a smile may be only a small one and tears of joy and grif. My condolances.