SACKED

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Of course the transference of risk has been assessed. you say i have very limited experience. I don't. A few meeting not correct. Over 200 that i personally convened and minute took, typed up an action plan (an agreed course of actions) which was sent out within 48hrs with minutes that i typed up from my notes during the meeting going out within a SLA timescale.

I only ever write what i know about from my experience, which by the way wasn't a 'few meetings'. I worked for almost 2 yrs (2 weeks shy) and only left as my position came up for permanancy and was filled by a perm member of staff and i was agency.

On my supervisors request i was asked to show this member of staff how i did my job. So i took her under my wing for weeks before she took my job off me despite reassurance from my boss this wouldn't happen and was not the intention. I then worked in another team but hated it so left.

I would never 'make up' stuff and find your tone very unkind.

Your tone is also very patronising tbh.
I'm withdrawing from this thread now as its obvious my point of view will not be considered and it is just giving certain individuals free rein to criticise me. I couldn't care less if you don't believe what i am saying but find it most strange that you would think i would make something up or try to glorify my skills, neither of which i have tried to do.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that in 2 years a Local Authority needed to decide the employment future of at least 200 employees because of Safeguarding issues? I have no doubt that you took notes at 200 meetings but there would be a lot of questions to be asked if one area really had so many safeguarding issues that weren't picked up before the situation needed intervention from the LADO.
However when I see how you misinterpreted ycbm's post 443 which you replied to, I can understand how you misconstrued your work and why it wasn't made a permanent position.

Birker2020

Visit site
Are you seriously expecting us to believe that in 2 years a Local Authority needed to decide the employment future of at least 200 employees because of Safeguarding issues? I have no doubt that you took notes at 200 meetings but there would be a lot of questions to be asked if one area really had so many safeguarding issues that weren't picked up before the situation needed intervention from the LADO.
However when I see how you misinterpreted ycbm's post 443 which you replied to, I can understand how you misconstrued your work and why it wasn't made a permanent position.
Unkind, totally incorrect in your interpretation of everything i said, spiteful and totally unnecessary as is usually the case with you. ? but in respect of your unkind statement, why let truth get in the way of a good story?

Last edited:

Sossigpoker

Visit site
On the face of it, despite this ladies awful behaviour, the punishment does seem too extreme for the crime. I however understand how this has played out and why the school didn’t feel they had any other option.

What none of us know however is this ladies disciplinary history or her general behaviour both at work and during the investigation. If that is squeaky clean then I’d lean towards it being a harsh punishment - but if she has ‘form’ it could be entirely appropriate?
In a previous thread about her , someone said they knew her and the family and apparently they are no strangers to this kind of behaviour.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I did not say she had been assessed as to transference of risk as how the he** would i know? For goidness sake. But this is what usually happens in situations like this. Another one attempting to put words in my mouth or twist what i say.

Libel?? I think not. In the public realm. Me just explaining what happens.

Go make trouble for someone else. This is why I'm withdrawing from this thread as it is turning nasty and vindictive.
Again, this is not about you, there are people posting on this thread who have a lot more experience, than taking minutes, of all sorts of safeguarding, employment and legal matters. I recall a senior manager explaining to a minute taker that she was not in a position to comment, she was there to take minutes, in a safeguarding meeting.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Because the school and their partners would have assessed the risk by holding a panel meeting to discuss the risks and assess her suitability. A professional conduct panel assess the risks and determine the outcome because it would have met the threshold.
There is no evidence of this. You are assuming it happened.

(edit bit late, everyone else said it first!)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I did not say she had been assessed as to transference of risk as how the he** would i know? For goidness sake. But this is what usually happens in situations like this. Another one attempting to put words in my mouth or twist what i say.

Of course the transference of risk has been assessed. you say i have very limited experience. I don't. A few meeting not correct. Over 200 that i personally convened and minute took, typed up an action plan (an agreed course of actions) which was sent out within 48hrs with minutes that i typed up from my notes during the meeting going out within a SLA timescale.

amongst other quotes...

Upthecreek

Visit site
I cannot see that dismissal took place for any reason other than her behaviour did not meet the standards expected of a primary school teacher (from the point of view of setting a good example to children) and was deemed to be damaging to the reputation of the school. This is a perfectly adequate reason for a school to dismiss a teacher and with the incident being filmed there is no doubt that it happened. I would be surprised if safeguarding of children was even considered.

Even with the best legal representation I think it would be difficult to argue against, unless the disciplinary process has not been correctly followed or her contract of employment does not include a clause about bringing the reputation of the school into disrepute.

tristar

Visit site
Again, this is not about you, there are people posting on this thread who have a lot more experience, than taking minutes, of all sorts of safeguarding, employment and legal matters. I recall a senior manager explaining to a minute taker that she was not in a position to comment, she was there to take minutes, in a safeguarding meeting.

probably the same type of senior manager that advised or condoned the closing of the case of star, who later died.

attitudes like that are why the country is in the mess it is.

if i was in that position i would be very interested in all opinions, contributions, and not use it as tool to put people down, cos one day the senior manager might be the one in danger of being hung out to dry, or should that be hang ed he he he, oh sorry ho ho ho

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I just don't understand the need for people to argue over why she was sacked or if it was right or not. Clearly the school trust don't see her with her behavior a good fit for their values. Plus , for all we know, they may have had complaints from parents. No amount of arguing over it will reveal the facts.

View

Visit site
This could be you one day, going about your business one minute, and finding yourself as an internet target the next, with life changing consequences for you and your family.

I have watched this thread until now, saying nothing but utterly shocked at some of the wild assumptions that have been made.

I have woken up one morning to find false, very nasty and damaging comments made about my involvement in a work related matter posted all over a Facebook group.

Our children were old enough to understand what was going on and were badly affected at what was written about me. My employer was a public sector organisation and was not able to use their lawyers to assist me.

From time to time, the false allegations are still thrown in my face by people that are looking for a reason to discredit me.

Due to the nature of the internet I doubt that this episode will ever disappear completely.

I hope this never happens to any of you.

Birker2020

Visit site
deleted

honetpot

Visit site
probably the same type of senior manager that advised or condoned the closing of the case of star, who later died.

attitudes like that are why the country is in the mess it is.

if i was in that position i would be very interested in all opinions, contributions, and not use it as tool to put people down, cos one day the senior manager might be the one in danger of being hung out to dry, or should that be hang ed he he he, oh sorry ho ho ho

I think asking someone's opinion in the room who has little experience, is not going to make a judgement that will stand up in an employment tribunal. There is a process that has to be followed so that everyone should be treated fairly. When the process is not used, it means that the employer could end up having to pay compensation.
I think very often people do not read their contract of employment, and any other documents that go with it, sometimes even the people that hand them out. The mistakes usually happen when manager think they can do something, and actually they are not even following their own workplace guidelines.
Often an NDA is signed and people leave, it's just a lot quicker, you make sure you get money and a reference as part of the terms.

eahotson

Visit site
The thing that troubles me about all of this is the appearance at least,of mob rule.I think of that poor teacher in a school in the north who showed a picture of Mohammed to a largely muslim class.It was part of a lesson that he had given before with no problem.
The next thing is the baying mob at the school gates, death threats etc.The school apologized WHY? The man had done nothing wrong.He and his family had to go into hiding for their own safety and I don't think he has ever been able to return to that school.
I really don't know much about this woman.I would say what she was filmed doing was unpleasant but I wouldn't call it cruel.There may,of course,be other issues with her but the death threats and the baying mob at the gate make you think it may just as easily be mob rule.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Thats not correct, sorry. The Sentencing Guidelines are available online if anyone wants to read them. It's used often in Magistrates Courts to try to reduce the sentence for minor assaults.

I remember the lecture now... It is only a (partial) DEFENSE in murder trials thus changing the crime from murder to manslaughter but can be a sentence mitigation if the provocation is 'Substantially more than one would expect'... I guess I might be jaded but I always expect the antis to do lots of provoking so that would be up to the judge to decide.

Leah3horses

Visit site
There is absolutely no justification for violence against any other beings...to read so many don't understand even basic equine behaviour and repeat scientifically disproven, ignorant old wives tales to try to justify violence against horses is repugnant. Every incident where people try to justify their violence against horses is always the result of negligent training and exposure to stressful equine situations, and forcing horses well over their emotional threshold, of which most owners are sadly completely ignorant. I have never, ever hit a horse or any animal, 45 years of experience so far, and never will. And I deal with very dangerous situations involving all species of animals, including big cats, giraffes, rhino, in my work as a veterinary professional. The thought of using violence in the situations I've had to deal with, for example, horses in complete fight or flight panic due to extreme terror and pain, who have broken their own legs to try to escape the source of complete terror, and are an extreme threat to the lives of myself and fellow veterinary professionals , is completely , absolutely unjustified. Imagine a vet using violence against a terrified and or dangerous horse they've come to professionally assess. We do not do it, even though we are at extreme risk of injury from the distressed animal,or worse, because we know better. Nobody should resort to violence against horses, or any animal whatsoever and I am deeply ashamed at how so many horse people think, as usual. Threads like these prove that so many horse people really are a separate breed to rational, knowledgeable, aware, humane, empathetic people. Know better. Do better. When you run out of patience with horses, you have to find some more. If your first, or any, reaction is to lash out in violence, you need to set aside your ego, as no animal behaves to personally aggrieve you, you're not that important.... educate yourself in becoming a better, much more rational , more peaceful person, for the sake of any poor animal who has the misfortune to be in your 'care' , for other more enlightened ,humane people who do not want to witness animal abuse, and hitting is abuse as it is completely contradictory, unecessary and unethical . Every person like this now ex teacher, should rightly be made an example of, as there is absolutely no excuse for ever using violence against a horse. If you don't want exposure as an animal abuser, don't abuse animals, it's very simple. Ethics and integrity , how you behave when you think nobody is watching, say so much about a person's character. Finally , if you develop an ethical conscience and behave accordingly, you will be much happier with yourself. You just don't realise it yet.
I will not be responding to anyone attempting to justify any form of violence towards any animal. There is none. Educate yourself if these words outrage your ego.

Sandstone1

Visit site
The pony may be facing a very uncertain future though and someone else may end up slapping the pony and kicking it. But that is likely to happen in private so no one will know. Perhaps if the pony has to be sold or rehomed, the sabs will kindly purchase it and 'rescue' it...
That must be the most weird answer I have ever heard! So a pony may get sold it may get hit but not seen because the sabs wont be there to film it. Are you not complaining about sabs filming? Very very weird logic...

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Threads like these prove that so many horse people really are a separate breed to rational, knowledgeable, aware, humane, empathetic people.
I think this kind of behaviour towards horses is so normalised by horse communities that people are kinda indoctrinated from a young age into hitting a horse being a solution. Maybe there's also a mental block that if you were to acknowledge that it's bad you'd then have to feel the guilt for having done what you've done.

Sandstone1

Visit site
The thing that troubles me about all of this is the appearance at least,of mob rule.I think of that poor teacher in a school in the north who showed a picture of Mohammed to a largely muslim class.It was part of a lesson that he had given before with no problem.
The next thing is the baying mob at the school gates, death threats etc.The school apologized WHY? The man had done nothing wrong.He and his family had to go into hiding for their own safety and I don't think he has ever been able to return to that school.
I really don't know much about this woman.I would say what she was filmed doing was unpleasant but I wouldn't call it cruel.There may,of course,be other issues with her but the death threats and the baying mob at the gate make you think it may just as easily be mob rule.
I am sorry but you wouldnt call hitting a horse road the head and kicking it in the guts cruel??? What do you call cruel then?

Gallop_Away

Visit site
?‍♀️ I brought my knee up into a particularly rude and bargy youngster's chest just the other night. It was attempting to barg it's way out of the (closed) gate behind me and had me pinned against the gate and was trying to walk over me.
Shouting at it and pushing it back with my hands wasn't working so a prompt knee in the chest soon shifted it back.
Was it particularly pleasant.....no. would I do it again if the situation called for it......without hesitation. Horses do far worse to each other.
This is a storm in a teacup swirled up by sabs to suit their own agenda. I'm not condoning what the woman did but people make mistakes. The way herself and her family have been persecuted over this is disgusting. I hope this doesn't turn into another Caroline Flack situation......
I hope she takes it all the way to an employment tribunal.