Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Visit site
I am guessing they had a toddler mardy strop and took the page down because people were putting Shwmae FB comments on here and then commenting on them and there is nothing SMF can do about it.

what, you mean she cant delete and block unhappy customer comments on HHO too?
ah, no wonder she's throwing her onsies out of her pram.

lula

Visit site
Well well well, stumbled upon this when looking for pics of the onesies. The girls make them in their own workshop, apparently, which looks suspiciously like a bedroom. And the girls themselves look quite nice! When did it all go so wrong....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-Customers-chomping-bit-horse-onesies.html

the picture in their bedroom of them in their 'workshop' and the fact they look about 14 is exactly how i imagined them.

the fact this awful product is so popular is just screaming for someone to start up a rival company and start raking in the money in. No one seems to care they dont fit properly and look awful. If i had some money behind me id do it myself.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
the picture in their bedroom of them in their 'workshop' and the fact they look about 14 is exactly how i imagined them.

the fact this awful product is so popular is just screaming for someone to start up a rival company and start raking in the money in. No one seems to care they dont fit properly and look awful. If i had some money behind me id do it myself.

Other people are making them.

dianchi

Visit site
Well I've given up!

Their fb page has gone and they just stop answering messages!

So any suggestions on waterproof hoods? Snuggy hoods don't really fit mine too well.

Thanks

fatpiggy

Visit site
Yes and that would explain the poor stitching on heavy fleece as they're not even using an industrial machine there! Believe me I know! We had to buy four industrial machines when we were making the hoods!

Industrial thread too I hope. I made a stable rug for my girl and 17 years later it is still absolutely fine. Amazingly I stitched that on my Mum's 1890s Singer domestic machine. It could punch through just about anything. Sadly since there is no-one to wear the rug any more it is off to a sanctuary shortly.

9tails

Visit site
Well I've given up!

Their fb page has gone and they just stop answering messages!

So any suggestions on waterproof hoods? Snuggy hoods don't really fit mine too well.

Thanks

Were you REALLY considering them? Not only do they seem to not deliver but there's plenty of remarks that the work is incredibly shoddy and they don't fit.

lisa_dundee

Visit site
Industrial thread too I hope. I made a stable rug for my girl and 17 years later it is still absolutely fine. Amazingly I stitched that on my Mum's 1890s Singer domestic machine. It could punch through just about anything. Sadly since there is no-one to wear the rug any more it is off to a sanctuary shortly.

I do rug repairs on an old industrial singer, it's that old it was before the reverse came out but it sews through leather and the thickest webbing, it has a walking foot which is great and is still going strong. We used heavier thread when we were making our hoods and we spent A LOT of money on the right machines and thread. From what I remember Shwmae seemed to use the zig zag stitch on everything which would be fine if the stitch was in time as it wasn't on our products!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Churchills are advertising of Facebook I got posted a link through for those who are needing these items that they haven't gotten from shwmae, not into onesies myself but feel sorry for anyone who gets ripped off by rogue companies.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
Churchills are advertising of Facebook I got posted a link through for those who are needing these items that they haven't gotten from shwmae, not into onesies myself but feel sorry for anyone who gets ripped off by rogue companies.

I agree with this too. Having horses is expensive enough as it is without people taking advantage to this

MadBlackLab

Visit site
From Churchills of England facebook page

We believe that another well known onesie company is no longer taking orders or enquiries. If they can't fulfil your order we have over 300 in stock. We have also helped a few mums out that have unfortunately spent money with this company but not got the gifts for their children so we have donated onesies to try to help. Please feel free to share this post.

To me it seems shwmae has ceased trading

cptrayes

Visit site

I've been watching this thread unfold, and if this is true then I would like to congratulate you all for your perseverance in getting this pair of rogues stopped from ripping any more people off. Good campaign, right outcome. Congratulations also to HHO for both letting this thread stand and for picking it up and running with it in the magazine.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
From Churchills of England facebook page

We believe that another well known onesie company is no longer taking orders or enquiries. If they can't fulfil your order we have over 300 in stock. We have also helped a few mums out that have unfortunately spent money with this company but not got the gifts for their children so we have donated onesies to try to help. Please feel free to share this post.

Spot on for churchhills then trying to help out! Good job.

khalswitz

Visit site
I've been watching this thread unfold, and if this is true then I would like to congratulate you all for your perseverance in getting this pair of rogues stopped from ripping any more people off. Good campaign, right outcome. Congratulations also to HHO for both letting this thread stand and for picking it up and running with it in the magazine.

This. Good work HHO - and best of luck trying to get your money back folks.

dianchi

Visit site
Snuggy do them according to website

As far as I know 'waterproof' hoods don't exist but snuggy hoods do a heavy water resistant one which is as close to 'waterproof' as I think you would get.

As I've said snuggy don't fit my mare :(

Sadly they had the right sounding product, with a thermal waterproof. Hence why I looked into them.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
just had a look at the Churchills site - amazing - the onesies actually look like they fit the horses and the legs aren't badly attached with velcro! Look to be what Shwmae SHOULD have been.

lisa_dundee

Visit site
Oh dear you yes you will struggle to get one as the turnout fabric is very hard to source and very expensive, we sourced it but we had to buy it in an extremely large quantity and it was going to be very expensive, that was our next step but obviously we ceased trading. I haven't seen Shwmae's turnout fabric so I can't comment but I would be surprised if it was up to the quality of snuggy hoods turnout fabric as like I say it's extremely hard to source and VERY expensive, it also doesn't come in a large colour range. And from what our mutual supplier told me Shwmae mostly bought the cheaper textiles & bargain / end of line stuff hence why a lot of their patterns used to be discontinued and unavailable again!

Status
Not open for further replies.