The thread of all Olympic Threads

Spotherisk

Visit site
Nice horse and test but chin on the chest 🙄 I am looking forward to seeing Becky later but don’t enjoy Lottie and Glamourdale at all.

Anyone have any educated views on the judging, are they rewarding btv etc?

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
The commentator said at the end he had qualified but I thought it was top 2 from each group and then top 6 across all groups.

I realise it is pretty likely he'll qualify but it isn't a certainty....or am I wrong and it's top 3 from each group??

ETA just checked the app, top 2 have the Q next to their scores. It is top 2 and 6 best across all groups.

Reactions: tda

Equi

Visit site
Nice horse and test but chin on the chest 🙄 I am looking forward to seeing Becky later but don’t enjoy Lottie and Glamourdale at all.

Anyone have any educated views on the judging, are they rewarding btv etc?
Well the current leader was btv a fair amount of time too

GreyDot

Visit site
From Olymics site:
The top 2 athletes from each group and the 6 athletes with the next best scores (including ties) will qualify to the Individual Final (Grand Prix Freestyle).
The best 10 teams (including all tied for 10th place) qualify to the Team Final (Grand Prix Special).

Kat

Visit site
I normally love Carl's tests but that wasn't as lovely as usual. I know Fame is hot but despite the commentator saying it was a nice open frame I thought he was very tight and compressed in his neck. The passage looked a but lacking in rhythm in places too.

Carl must be feeling a huge amount of pressure and stress though so perhaps that's affecting his usual ability to hold the horse's hand and coax out a performance.

The commentator said this will be Carl's last Olympics, I know he's been muttering about retirement for years but has he said this will be his last? I hope not.

j1ffy

Visit site
Fame is alway short in the neck - whether it's purely conformation (he looks like he has a similar neck to Imhotep and Everdale) or down to previous training with Bigwood / Dahl, who knows. I'm not a fan and his tension / spookiness at the start made it worse whereas previously he has looked like he was improving. Every time Carl touched the rein Fame tucked his nose in even more instead of reaching for the bit.

Nicky's avoidance of the CDJ discussion was annoying, the dressage world MUST address it head on if we're to stand a chance of dressage still existing for the next generation...

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I couldn’t find it anywhere on BBC or Eurosport.

Honestly, this carving up of major sporting events between different subscription channels is a travesty. I thought the Olympics had to be on free to air TV by law? Why is the BBC not covering it all?
Blame the IOC/OBS. They choose how to sell and distribute and they sold the rights

The BBC just can't afford to sub licence. The national broadcaster in Spain RTVE did a sub licencing deal with Warner's but they got additional government funding to help with the cost

teapot

Visit site
I couldn’t find it anywhere on BBC or Eurosport.

Honestly, this carving up of major sporting events between different subscription channels is a travesty. I thought the Olympics had to be on free to air TV by law? Why is the BBC not covering it all?

The ruled on bidding right and contracts changed before Tokyo and BBC were outbid basically.